Adults and their toys (NO Not THAT kind!)

geekgirlkelli

I'm the girl your mother warned you about.
Nov 7, 2007
✟16,328.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
My new geek girl toy arrived in the mail today. Kelli's been a licensed ham radio operator since she was 13, and today she got her first truly girly radio: an Alinco DJ-C7T. This thing is tiny, as you can see from the pic. My only regret is that they didn't come in pink!

What kind of toys do the rest of you like to play around with? Hobbies (I have lots more, ham radio's just one little one!), sports, whatever...

Attachments

• geekgirltoy.jpg
    geekgirltoy.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 77

plum

my thoughts are free
Nov 30, 2003
✟48,380.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm kind of an Apple nerd. My iMac is a very special (and expensive!) toy. I like gadgets a lot, and get a kick out of new practical technology. I play around a lot in a virual world (Second Life) which is plenty dorky (wouldn't call it "geeky" since I don't build 3D landscapes and objects, just observe). In my past I've also been a nerd about graphic/web design, video production, and video editing. It's been a long time since I've really indulged in those hobbies though.

Reactions: odeminkwe
Upvote 0

.Sabre.

Aliens ate my custom title.
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2006
Chasing the sun's fading light
✟40,588.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Multi-devices=kewlness!!! I have a gamepad/mp3 player/flashdrive type device....it has Sonic teh hedgehog.

Aside from electronic devices, I like stressballs and have considered obtaining some desktoys for those long nights of law essays. For some reason, probably to make a point, I want a skateboard. I never had one, so it's in the list of things to do before I turn 21.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ramona

If you can't see my siggy, I've disappeared ;)
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Vinyl records. Oh yeah, baby! I have all kinds of unreleased punk albums from the 70s and 80s, underground reggae from the 90s, a massive boxed set of Elvis Presley concerts, indie music no one's ever heard of...also maybe a couple "mainstream" items. Also, my record player is stunningly beautiful. I think CaDan might even be jealous of it if he saw it. :ebil:

I also enjoy THOSE toys but I won't get into that here. :sorry:

Reactions: TheManeki
Upvote 0