Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2010
Denmark
✟371,115.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I specifically 2 years ago investigated the same point about if you can be cleansed from sexual immorality. I found that the Blood can cleanse you even from defilement. Adultery is a kind of defilement / pollution. I dont remember the exact Bible verses. So be brave, and repent. May the Lord bless you.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a question. If one has committed adultery asked God for forgiveness, is forgiveness two fold? Meaning do you have to confess to your spouse for the full pardon? This adultery happened like 24 years ago?

"I have the right to do anything," you say--but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"--but not everything is edifying. -- 1 Corinthians 6

Would your spouse be benefitted or edified? If one commits a sin against another, causing loss, and compensation is left, then compensation must be made--that is benefit to the one who suffered loss.

If adultery had caused loss of affection, then the compensation is attention and affection. Be more loving than ever before.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Personally I think that you should tell your wife about your infidelity, even if it was 24 years ago. After all, you're discussing it with us on the forum -- and we're strangers! Obviously it's weighing on your mind, so pray and ask God for guidance.

Upvote 0