Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart:...i'm thankful for this song this morning.....

i was singin' n' worshippin' n' dancin' to it....

how can i NOT sing to our God, Who has SUCH a PRECIOUS heart for us?

God bless us, ev'ry one :groupray:

Upvote 0

Commander Xenophon

Member of the Admiralty
Jan 18, 2016
St. Louis, MO
✟3,959.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
  • I am Lord Nelson. See, here's my fin.
    • Indicating his stub of his missing arm during the battle of Copenhagen, as quoted in Nelson and the Hamiltons (1969) by Jack Russell, p. 238

Nelson was a great admiral, certainly the best of his era.

Upvote 0

Commander Xenophon

Member of the Admiralty
Jan 18, 2016
St. Louis, MO
✟3,959.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
A friend of ours it has emerged has a severe problem with alcoholism and has been having emotional difficulties.
The individual in question is a retired military officer (not a member of the Admiralty, however).

He is 80 years old and a stroke victim, and has served in Korea and Viet Nam.

Please join me in prayer for him.

Also, I would like to ask all members to pray for the upcoming Great and Holy Council of the Eastern Orthodox Church, which is supposed to start next Sunday, on Orthodox Pentecost, but which appears to be in danger of unravelling at the last minute; in the last week three of our autocephalous (self-governing, independent churches) announced they would not participate: Antioch, Bulgaria and Serbia. Now it looks like Georgia and Russia may be absent. If the council were to proceed without the Russian Orthodox Church, nearly 40 years of planning would be wasted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Morning and Evening
Charles H. Spurgeon

June 10, 2016

Morning Reading
We live unto the Lord.
—Romans 14:8

If God had willed it, each of us might have entered heaven at the moment of conversion. It was not absolutely necessary for our preparation for immortality that we should tarry here. It is possible for a man to be taken to heaven, and to be found meet to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in light, though he has but just believed in Jesus. It is true that our sanctification is a long and continued process, and we shall not be perfected till we lay aside our bodies and enter within the veil; but nevertheless, had the Lord so willed it, He might have changed us from imperfection to perfection, and have taken us to heaven at once. Why then are we here?

Would God keep His children out of paradise a single moment longer than was necessary? Why is the army of the living God still on the battle-field when one charge might give them the victory? Why are His children still wandering hither and thither through a maze, when a solitary word from His lips would bring them into the centre of their hopes in heaven? The answer is-they are here that they may "live unto the Lord," and may bring others to know His love. We remain on earth as sowers to scatter good seed; as ploughmen to break up the fallow ground; as heralds publishing salvation. We are here as the "salt of the earth," to be a blessing to the world. We are here to glorify Christ in our daily life. We are here as workers for Him, and as "workers together with Him." Let us see that our life answereth its end. Let us live earnest, useful, holy lives, to "the praise of the glory of His grace." Meanwhile we long to be with Him, and daily sing-

"My heart is with Him on His throne,
And ill can brook delay;
Each moment listening for the voice,
'Rise up, and come away.'"

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Judas meme.jpg

Upvote 0

11god11

God Is Love
May 10, 2016
new zealand
✟15,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please pray for the following people:
  • A cf.com member who was rhe victim of a sexual assault
  • An Admiralty member who is recovering from an operatiom for kidney stones.
  • The recovering young son of an Admiralty member who was injured.
  • Our founder and his mother, who is recovering from cancer surgery.
  • All persecuted Christians, especially those in peril in the Middle East.
Also please pray for me, a sinner.
pray ceaselessly.Praying your prayer requests friend

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
A friend of ours it has emerged has a severe problem with alcoholism and has been having emotional difficulties.
The individual in question is a retired military officer (not a member of the Admiralty, however).

He is 80 years old and a stroke victim, and has served in Korea and Viet Nam.

Please join me in prayer for him.

Also, I would like to ask all members to pray for the upcoming Great and Holy Council of the Eastern Orthodox Church, which is supposed to start next Sunday, on Orthodox Pentecost, but which appears to be in danger of unravelling at the last minute; in the last week three of our autocephalous (self-governing, independent churches) announced they would not participate: Antioch, Bulgaria and Serbia. Now it looks like Georgia and Russia may be absent. If the council were to proceed without the Russian Orthodox Church, nearly 40 years of planning would be wasted.

Praying for your friend, bless his heart, and the Great and Holy Council of the Eastern Orthodox Church.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Being the one with the kidney stones issues, I wish to thank everyone for their prayers. My procedure was, evidently, successful, and now I'm just being watched. My stones never were painful, per se, they were too big to pass. They needed to be fragmented and allowed to pass. Again, thanks for the prayers.
Also, my prayers are offered for the intentions of everyone involved. God, be merciful to me, a sinner.

A sermon by St Antony of Padua
Actions speak louder than words

The man who is filled with the Holy Spirit speaks in different languages. These different languages are different ways of witnessing to Christ, such as humility, poverty, patience and obedience; we speak in those languages when we reveal in ourselves these virtues to others. Actions speak louder than words; let your words teach and your actions speak. We are full of words but empty of actions, and therefore are cursed by the Lord, since he himself cursed the fig tree when he found no fruit but only leaves. Gregory says: “A law is laid upon the preacher to practise what he preaches.” It is useless for a man to flaunt his knowledge of the law if he undermines its teaching by his actions.
But the apostles spoke as the Spirit gave them the gift of speech. Happy the man whose words issue from the Holy Spirit and not from himself! For some men speak as their own character dictates, but steal the words of others and present them as their own and claim the credit for them. The Lord refers to such men and others like them in Jeremiah: So, then, I have a quarrel with the prophets that steal my words from each other. I have a quarrel with the prophets, says the Lord, who have only to move their tongues to utter oracles. I have a quarrel with the prophets who make prophecies out of lying dreams, who recount them and lead my people astray with their lies and their pretensions. I certainly never sent them or commissioned them, and they serve no good purpose for this people, says the Lord.
We should speak, then, as the Holy Spirit gives us the gift of speech. Our humble and sincere request to the Spirit for ourselves should be that we may bring the day of Pentecost to fulfilment, insofar as he infuses us with his grace, by using our bodily senses in a perfect manner and by keeping the commandments. Likewise we shall request that we may be filled with a keen sense of sorrow and with fiery tongues for confessing the faith, so that our deserved reward may be to stand in the blazing splendour of the saints and to look upon the triune God.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Please pray for my friend Fr. Gregory, who has a pacemaker infection and will be having surgery later this week.

Praying for your precious friend, Fr. Gregory (((hug)))

Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Being the one with the kidney stones issues, I wish to thank everyone for their prayers. My procedure was, evidently, successful, and now I'm just being watched. My stones never were painful, per se, they were too big to pass. They needed to be fragmented and allowed to pass. Again, thanks for the prayers.
Also, my prayers are offered for the intentions of everyone involved. God, be merciful to me, a sinner.

A sermon by St Antony of Padua
Actions speak louder than words

The man who is filled with the Holy Spirit speaks in different languages. These different languages are different ways of witnessing to Christ, such as humility, poverty, patience and obedience; we speak in those languages when we reveal in ourselves these virtues to others. Actions speak louder than words; let your words teach and your actions speak. We are full of words but empty of actions, and therefore are cursed by the Lord, since he himself cursed the fig tree when he found no fruit but only leaves. Gregory says: “A law is laid upon the preacher to practise what he preaches.” It is useless for a man to flaunt his knowledge of the law if he undermines its teaching by his actions.
But the apostles spoke as the Spirit gave them the gift of speech. Happy the man whose words issue from the Holy Spirit and not from himself! For some men speak as their own character dictates, but steal the words of others and present them as their own and claim the credit for them. The Lord refers to such men and others like them in Jeremiah: So, then, I have a quarrel with the prophets that steal my words from each other. I have a quarrel with the prophets, says the Lord, who have only to move their tongues to utter oracles. I have a quarrel with the prophets who make prophecies out of lying dreams, who recount them and lead my people astray with their lies and their pretensions. I certainly never sent them or commissioned them, and they serve no good purpose for this people, says the Lord.
We should speak, then, as the Holy Spirit gives us the gift of speech. Our humble and sincere request to the Spirit for ourselves should be that we may bring the day of Pentecost to fulfilment, insofar as he infuses us with his grace, by using our bodily senses in a perfect manner and by keeping the commandments. Likewise we shall request that we may be filled with a keen sense of sorrow and with fiery tongues for confessing the faith, so that our deserved reward may be to stand in the blazing splendour of the saints and to look upon the triune God.

Thank you. That is good news.

God bless you.(((hug)))

Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hey Brothers and Sisters, there's a young woman here at CF who began a thread called: How do I accept that I'll never be loved?

As you can imagine, she seems pretty depressed (almost suicidal), so please lift her up in prayer. Her thread can be found here.

Thanks!

Yours and His,
David
p.s. - she goes by Far Side of the Moon

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.