USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It appears some brethren on the forum need a Bible lesson on the fact that Jesus did not come to save our flesh, He came to save our spirit/soul, as Apostle Paul was emphatic that flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God, neither does corruption inherit incorruption...

1 Cor 15:45-54
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
KJV

What does this mean for Adam and Eve's flesh before they disobeyed God in His Garden of Eden? Apostle Paul showed in the above that no one will see God's future Kingdom with a flesh body. Why? Because the flesh represents a body of "corruption".

This is elementary Bible 101 stuff, because our flesh was not made to live forever. It's the atheists which don't believe in God that want to somehow think their flesh can be immortal. It cannot. Even in Romans 7 Apostle Paul showed that in his fleshy members he served the law of sin. And sin = death. Our flesh is ordained to perish at the end of this world.

Rom 7:21-25
I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

KJV

Later modern Bible translations try to get away from identifying sin hard-linked to the flesh. The KJV is accurate on that, which apparently is why some today want to get away from the KJV translation on this matter, and instead push man's philosophy.

This means of course, that the seed of sin was already present in Adam and Eve's flesh, even before they sinned. Corruption cannot inherit incorruption, like Apostle Paul said. The flesh body is for this present world; the spiritual body is for the world to come.

Reactions: klutedavid

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It appears some brethren on the forum need a Bible lesson on the fact that Jesus did not come to save our flesh, He came to save our spirit/soul, as Apostle Paul was emphatic that flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God, neither does corruption inherit incorruption...

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
KJV

What does this mean for Adam and Eve's flesh before they disobeyed God in His Garden of Eden? Apostle Paul showed in the above that no one will see God's future Kingdom with a flesh body. Why? Because the flesh represents a body of "corruption".

This is elementary Bible 101 stuff, because our flesh was not made to live forever. It's the atheists which don't believe in God that want to somehow think their flesh can be immortal. It cannot. Even in Romans 7 Apostle Paul showed that in his fleshy members he served the law of sin. And sin = death. Our flesh is ordained to perish at the end of this world.

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

KJV

Later modern Bible translations try to get away from identifying sin hard-linked to the flesh. The KJV is accurate on that, which apparently is why some today want to get away from the KJV translation on this matter, and instead push man's philosophy.

This means of course, that the seed of sin was already present in Adam and Eve's flesh, even before they sinned. Corruption cannot inherit incorruption, like Apostle Paul said. The flesh body is for this present world; the spiritual body is for the world to come.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

KJV

KJV

You forget that prior to the fall, Adam had no need to be saved.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Prior to Adam and Eve disobeying God, and committing the first sin in the flesh, that in no way represented Christ's Salvation. It's truly absurd to think so, since if that was so it would have been impossible for Adam and Eve to sin in that state.

What some men have wrongly believed on is the false theory that Christ's Salvation is about a resurrection of one's literal flesh, like a fleshy salvation. Apostle Paul was specific in 1 Corinthians 15:50 that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, neither does corruption inherit incorruption. He showed that the resurrection body type is a "spiritual body", not a flesh body.

But those stuck in Old Testament traditions think man's soul requires flesh to exist, and thus they wrongly think the resurrection is about flesh in the casket being raised. The New Testament shows different, especially with what Apostle Paul taught. And since Apostle Paul had been trained under the best Hebrew scholar of his day, Gamaliel, that means Paul well understood the Old Testament too.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Resurrection is about flesh being raised.

If it isn't, then it isn't resurrection.
And if that doesn't happen, then Christ is not risen.

To deny the bodily resurrection of the dead is heresy. No ifs, ands, or buts.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Resurrection is about flesh being raised.

If it isn't, then it isn't resurrection.
And if that doesn't happen, then Christ is not risen.

To deny the bodily resurrection of the dead is heresy. No ifs, ands, or buts.

-CryptoLutheran

You are confused, because the fact that Lord Jesus' flesh body was transfigured to the heavenly is NOT the idea of the resurrection on the last day.

And your faulty belief in a fleshy salvation strikes out much of the 1 Corinthians 15 chapter which Apostle Paul wrote specifically to show what TYPE of body the resurrection is!

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Look at this brethren, what Apostle Paul showed about Christ's resurrection. You probably will never hear all of this Scripture taught in your Church, for many of them teach other things, like your asleep loved ones are waiting it out in a casket in the ground.

Paul gives more info on the eventual state of Christ's transfigured body of His resurrection further below at verse 45, if you want to skip to it. Otherwise, enjoy a real Bible teaching on this keeping to the actual Scripture as written...

1 Cor 15:35-54
35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

The subject? What TYPE of body are the dead raised with?

36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

Paul uses agriculture about the germination of a plant seed to try and explain the resurrection. That's only useful to a point though, because just like the new plant, when sowing the seed, it is "not that body that shall be". That means the old body isn't raised anew, but another body comes forth.

38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased Him, and to every seed his own body.

That is to let us know that the resurrection body is according to a body that pleases God, not us. Nothing here so far to prove our old flesh is what we will have.

39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

Why is Paul taking so much time here to make a distinction about body types? It's because the resurrection body type he is getting ready to reveal is hard for many to understand.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Paul said a lot there. What is that "It" that is sown in corruption, raised in incorruption, sown in weakness, but raised in power, sown a natural body, but raised a spiritual body?? The "It" part that is sown is about our spirit. It... is sown into a flesh body ("natural body"), but that spirit is raised an incorruptible body, and body of the heavenly. Need more proof of this? Keep reading what Paul says...

Well Who... is that "last Adam" there that was made a "quickening spirit"? That represents our Lord Jesus Christ Whom The Father raised from the dead! The "first Adam" represents the first man which God formed in His Garden of Eden per Genesis 2.

Our Lord Jesus' flesh body was raised, but it also was transfigured to that "quickening spirit" state, which is how He went to preach to the "spirits in prison" (in Hell) after His resurrection per Apostle Peter.

Ah, Apostle Paul there made it plain Who that "last Adam" represents, i.e., Lord Jesus having been raised from the dead.

There simply is no way one can misinterpret that above Scripture in red. One may deny it as written, but they cannot change what Paul said there plainly. The earthy is one operation, but the heavenly is another operation. As we have been born in the flesh for this present world, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly at Christ's coming, or at flesh death. And NO ONE is going to inherit God's future Kingdom in a flesh body, period. In Matthew 22:30 Jesus even said those of the resurrection are "as the angels of God in heaven"!

When Paul said "all", that's what he meant. All... still alive on earth at Christ's return will be 'changed' to the spiritual body. The world to come will be in a different body type than today's flesh type, even for the wicked that are resurrected.

KJV

In that future time after Jesus returns, not all in the spiritual body will have His Salvation though, as the wicked "resurrection of damnation" will still have liable to die mortal souls subject to the "second death" (Rev.20). So 2 things must happen to have Eternal Life in Christ. One must be 'born again' by Faith on Jesus Christ, and thus their mortal soul is made immortal, and also their flesh must put on incorruption of the spiritual body.

Reactions: yellowMan
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What I showed from God's Word is Bible 101, elementary understanding. Flesh does NOT represent Christ's Salvation! Salvation of one's flesh is the absurd idea, a fleshy carnal idea.
I have no idea what was covered in the Bible 101 class but some of your Theology is not or at least should never be part of a Bible class. You keep trying to make the point that Adam had a seed of sin when he was created. were is your scriptural proof for that statement? You are not going to find one, because God does not have any seed of sin to put into Adam. So either support your belief with scripture or learn the truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have no idea what was covered in the Bible 101 class but some of your Theology is not or at least should never be part of a Bible class. You keep trying to make the point that Adam had a seed of sin when he was created. were is your scriptural proof for that statement? You are not going to find one, because God does not have any seed of sin to put into Adam. So either support your belief with scripture or learn the truth.

Once again, only opinion.

My theology is The Word of God, as I have... already shown by posting the Scripture proof for what I declared. So you're only dancing around... those Scriptures to try and criticize me! keep it up, and you'll go on report! Address the Scriptures I posted, or else.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Once again, only opinion.

My theology is The Word of God, as I have... already shown by posting the Scripture proof for what I declared. So you're only dancing around... those Scriptures to try and criticize me! keep it up, and you'll go on report! Address the Scriptures I posted, or else.
OK explain this then. God said Adam was good and made in his image you are saying God lied. Unless you think that God does not know what is good and what is not or that God has a seed of sin within Himself that He imaged into Adam, come on think this over.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OK explain this then. God said Adam was good and made in his image you are saying God lied. Unless you think that God does not know what is good and what is not or that God has a seed of sin within Himself that He imaged into Adam, come on think this over.

No, that's YOUR wrong interpretation, because YOU are the one saying that God said Adam's FLESH was good. That's not the meaning in that Scripture. The meaning is that all the things God made He saw were good. That didn't mean they were perfect, like YOU are wrongly thinking. My Scripture proof? Here...

Rom 8:18-25
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of Him Who hath subjected the same in hope,

21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
KJV

AND...

2 Cor 5:1-2
5 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

KJV

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, that's YOUR wrong interpretation, because YOU are the one saying that God said Adam's FLESH was good. That's not the meaning in that Scripture. The meaning is that all the things God made He saw were good. That didn't mean they were perfect, like YOU are wrongly thinking. My Scripture proof? Here...

Rom 8:18-25
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of Him Who hath subjected the same in hope,

21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
KJV

AND...

2 Cor 5:1-2
5 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

KJV
OK so now you want to ignore what I posted about the Image of God (Adam) has no sin in it because God has no sin in Him. and you want to argue about the meaning of the word "good". Let me clear that up for you Bible 101 which you like to invoke teaches that God is ....wait for it....GOOD. That is confirmed in Scripture. Your Scriptural evidence does not support your argument. By the way go to any one of the online Bible commentaries and look up the meaning of the Bible verses, find out what they truly mean. I do not want you to be deceived and even more importantly I do not want you to be teaching false doctrine and leading others away from the truth to say nothing of having to answer to God for that. You may not think so but I am doing this out of love for you.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

KJV

KJV

I tend to agree to a point. Adam and Eve had the potential to sin as they were given free will and a choice. They decided to reject Gods one law. This would not have occured if they were made perfect from the start. What I disagree with is corruption was already in them. They unleashed it through disobedience. As to the flesh, yes it is corrupt and will remain so until death. After the death of the flesh it will be raised again incorruptible if one is in the Body of Christ. If one is not , they will suffer the second death and be cast out in condemnation.
My take anyway....be blessed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Our resurrection bodies will be physical as was Jesus' resurrection body (Lk 24:37-43).

We will have spiritual physical bodies after the resurrection, similar to the present natural body organizationally, but radically different in that it will be imperishable, glorious and powerful, fit to live eternally with God. There is continuity with our bodies now, but there is also change (1Co 15:42-44).

In Paul's usage, "spiritual" does not mean non-physical, immaterial, non-corporeal, it means the domain of the Holy Spirit.

KJV

KJV

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,975.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This is Gnosticism. The resurrection body Jesus had was physical. We know this because Thomas was told to touch it to confirm the healed wound and that our Lord ate fish. This dichotomy between flesh and spirit is a belief of Greek philosophy.

The main part in the portion of Paul you quote regarding this is:

Do our souls die or does our body die? What is corrupted that needs to put on incorruption? It must be our physical bodies, because the material world was not created that it should be destroyed in the end. What is the point of the creation then? It makes sense in a Gnostic worldview, where the true God didn't create the material world but the wicked false God did, but we believe God created the world good. So why destroy it in the end? Why build a house if it's your intention to ultimately destroy it sometime later?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You are confused, because the fact that Lord Jesus' flesh body was transfigured to the heavenly is NOT the idea of the resurrection on the last day.

And your faulty belief in a fleshy salvation strikes out much of the 1 Corinthians 15 chapter which Apostle Paul wrote specifically to show what TYPE of body the resurrection is!

St. Paul in 1 Corinthians 15 quite emphatically teaches the resurrection of the body.

I assume your confusion stems from the fact that he speaks of the sowing of the "natural body" and the rising of the "spiritual body".

The problem here is that Paul isn't contrasting a physical body with a spiritual one, the word being translated as "natural" in some translations doesn't mean "natural", nor does it mean "physical". The contrast is between a psuchekos body and a pneumatikos body.

The word psuchekos is the adjective form of the word psuche, "soul", while pneumatikos is the adjective form of the word pneuma, "spirit". The body is sown a "soulish body" it is raised a "Spiritual body".

The body as we have it now isn't soulish because it is made up of "soul" anymore than the resurrection body is Spiritual because it is made up of "spirit". The contrast isn't between material compositions, but between what sort of life the body has. The present body is animated, made alive, by the animal life of the soul; but in the resurrection the body is animated, made alive, by the power of the Holy Spirit. Compare with Romans 8:11.

Our present sort of life is the mortal, perishable, soulish; but in the resurrection the body is transformed, transfigured, glorified, the flesh is raised up and transformed from a mortal, perishable, soulish existence to an immortal, imperishable, spiritual one. In the resurrection we have eternal, glorious bodily life by the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit.

What kind of body does Christ have in His resurrection? That is the kind of body we too shall have in the resurrection of the body on the Last Day.

That's why the Apostle says in Philippians 3:21 that Christ at His coming will change our current lowly bodies to be like His glorious body. And, recall what He Himself said in the Gospel of Luke, "See my hands and My feet, touch Me and see that it is I, Myself, a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have" (Luke 24:39).

Whoever has been teaching that the body does not rise is lying to you and leading you away from the Holy Gospel and the future hope of our salvation.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OK so now you want to ignore what I posted about the Image of God (Adam) has no sin in it because God has no sin in Him. and you want to argue about the meaning of the word "good". Let me clear that up for you Bible 101 which you like to invoke teaches that God is ....wait for it....GOOD. That is confirmed in Scripture. Your Scriptural evidence does not support your argument. By the way go to any one of the online Bible commentaries and look up the meaning of the Bible verses, find out what they truly mean. I do not want you to be deceived and even more importantly I do not want you to be teaching false doctrine and leading others away from the truth to say nothing of having to answer to God for that. You may not think so but I am doing this out of love for you.

God creating man in His image and likeness per Genesis 1 is about the 'outer' appearance. The outward image of man comes from how God Himself looks, for the image of man originates from Him. That has nothing to do with how God Himself is Perfect and can never sin.

Such an analogy between God and the flesh ought to easily be understood by those who believe on Jesus Christ, since Jesus of Nazareth was perfect in His flesh as He had no sin. Could Adam be like that? Obviously not, because he sinned, and his sin was imparted to all born flesh, excepting Christ Jesus. Wow, what exactly is this leading to? Simple, the fact that there's only ONE Savior of those born in the flesh, and that is Jesus Christ, not the man Adam.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I tend to agree to a point. Adam and Eve had the potential to sin as they were given free will and a choice. They decided to reject Gods one law. This would not have occured if they were made perfect from the start. What I disagree with is corruption was already in them. They unleashed it through disobedience. As to the flesh, yes it is corrupt and will remain so until death. After the death of the flesh it will be raised again incorruptible if one is in the Body of Christ. If one is not , they will suffer the second death and be cast out in condemnation.
My take anyway....be blessed.

What made Eve have this thought when she saw the fruit?

Gen 3:6
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

KJV

Eve's flesh lusted after the fruit God said not to eat. That's what got the sin started, her flesh. Later Bible translations try to change that fact using the 'sin nature' slogan, trying to get away from our flesh causing lusts of this world, but the simple fact is our flesh causes much of our sin, even as Paul showed in Romans 7 when labeling our flesh being under the law of sin and as a "body of death". Of course that Scripture was also ignored when I posted it. But even John agrees...

1 John 2:16-17
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
KJV

Upvote 0