• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Adam lived how long?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by JohnR7, Dec 22, 2002.

1. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married
    There are no thorns or thistles in my Garden of Eden that I carry around inside of me. Perhaps there is in your Garden of Eden, only you can know that.

2. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married
    All of creation fell. If you have done any gardening at all, then you will know what a struggle it can be to keep plants healthy.

3. LewisWildermuth

LewisWildermuth Senior Veteran

+118
    Christian
    Single
    If you wish to belittle what God has created, that is your problem. I choose not to.

I do not have the problem with God things with thorns and thistles that you seem to. I personaly like blackberries and have some in my garden, not to mention cucumbers, melons, pumpkins, all of which have sharp pointy thorns on them.

4. Lacmeh

Lacmeh Active Member

+1
    If the earth and climat eis right and the right natural ressources here, no plant will have a hard time to keep alive. It all is a matter of that. Of course, palm tress won´t really grow in Northern Europe, but then they evolved on a place, where it seldim gets that cold if at all. Plant the right plants in the right earth and give them thhe natural ressources they need and you have no struggle in keeping them alive.

5. EPHRIAM777

EPHRIAM777 A REAL NICE GUY..!

+2

6. EPHRIAM777

+2
    Originally posted by JohnR7 [/i]
    We ruin it for ourselves. God gives everyone the choice if they want to eat from the tree of life or the tree of scoffers, err, I mean the tree of sin and death.

Eph writes...

Not to be Mr Technical here......but GEN 2:9.....2:17 says "tree of the knowledge of good and evil"...not sin and death...!

Sin and Death.... would describe the result of eating from the tree...!

7. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married

8. EPHRIAM777

+2

9. EPHRIAM777

+2
    Originally posted by Lacmeh [/i]
    If the earth and climat eis right and the right natural ressources here, no plant will have a hard time to keep alive. It all is a matter of that. Of course, palm tress won´t really grow in Northern Europe, but then they evolved on a place, where it seldim gets that cold if at all. Plant the right plants in the right earth and give them thhe natural ressources they need and you have no struggle in keeping them alive.

Eph writes...

Palm Trees grow in Scotland...thats not all the way north..but close....Read about the 10 degree polar shift in.. 2 KINGS 20:9:11...and ISH 38:7:8....THIS opened up Europe for settlement by a very special people...!

10. EPHRIAM777

+2
    Originally posted by JohnR7

God can add years to that. There are still people living up to almost 120. I could find at least 5 or 6 scriptures that talk about how God can add years to our life.

Eph writes...

The 120 yrs....mentioned in GEN 6:3...was the amount of time God was going to give to Noah to build the ark...Notice it says "yet" his days shall be...God was giving mankind 120 yrs to repent..and when Noah was done building the ark...time was UP...!

11. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married

12. EPHRIAM777

+2