Adam is explicitly a metaphorical reference, the word "adam" means "man" in Hebrew

YeShallTread

Nov 11, 2012
✟2,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It sounds like you're assuming all YECs believe a literal Eve was necessarily a clone. I don't think that's a well-agreed-upon YEC position.

Humanity was populating earth long before Adam was formed. However, he was the first man in the genetic line to Christ. As God tells us Eve was taken from Adam then...was she not taken from Adam?
Genesis 2:21-22 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; A the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made He a woman, and brought her unto the man.
The word "rib," properly translated, is "curve." Perhaps the translators thought the curve was the rib of Adam. A thought is that God took the "curve - Helix Curve, DNA" of Adam to form Eve.

Assuming she wasn't a clone, the link I provided explains how two mid-brown original parents could produce children both darker and lighter than themselves.

The various races were "created." The Adamic line was "formed." An Indian couple will only have Indian babies. An Hispanic couple will only have Hispanic babies. And...it was good. There is no need for folks to
unlock a riddle on this for it is no riddle. The problem is they try to fit in that all people came from Adam and...that just isn't true.

That's one conclusion. Another is the traditional belief that we all came from Adam. Myself, I think the traditional belief is clearly put forth by Paul in Romans and 1 Corinthians, which may be why it became the traditional belief.

Please be more specific when referring to verses when trying to make a point. You may well have come from the man Adam and perhaps I did too but I assure you...the various races had another beginning.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Ye:>>Mankind was on the face of the earth long before Adam and Eve were placed in the garden.

Dear Ye, Not so. Adam was made the 3rd day and placed in the Garden of Eden BEFORE the plants were made. Genesis 2:4-8 On the 5th day, God created and brought forth natural man from the water, along with every other living creature that moves. Genesis 1:21

Eve was not made until the 6th day. Genesis 2:22 Your statement that natural mankind was before Eve is correct, since natural man was made before Eve, but not Adam.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

YeShallTread

Nov 11, 2012
✟2,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ye:>>Mankind was on the face of the earth long before Adam and Eve were placed in the garden.

Dear Ye, Not so. Adam was made the 3rd day and placed in the Garden of Eden BEFORE the plants were made. Genesis 2:4-8 On the 5th day, God created and brought forth natural man from the water, along with every other living creature that moves. Genesis 1:21

Eve was not made until the 6th day. Genesis 2:22 Your statement that natural mankind was before Eve is correct, since natural man was made before Eve, but not Adam.

In Love,
Aman

Genesis 1:9-13 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the third day.

There is no mention of Adam or of man being created on the third day.

1:24-31 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

On the sixth day man (Adam or mankind) was created...as were the beast.....Is a beast a lion, tiger or bear or is more being said....

Ecclesiastes 3:18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
Then, after His seventh day of rest He formed eth ha Adam = the man Adam, the first in the line to Christ.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Ye:>>There is no mention of Adam or of man being created on the third day.

Dear Ye, You are technically correct since man was "formed" on the third day but was not "created in God's Image" until the 6th Day. Genesis 2:4-7 shows that man was "formed" (Hebrew-sqeezed into shape) on the 3rd day, the SAME day the earth was made but BEFORE the plants grew. Genesis 1:27 and Genesis 5:1-2 shows that Adam and Eve were BOTH "created in God's Image" or BORN AGAIN Spiritually, on the 6th day. This agrees with the following from the New Testament:

1Cr 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

Adam, like ALL people was first made physically and later Spiritually.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

YeShallTread

Nov 11, 2012
✟2,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ye:>>There is no mention of Adam or of man being created on the third day.

Dear Ye, You are technically correct since man was "formed" on the third day but was not "created in God's Image" until the 6th Day. Genesis 2:4-7 shows that man was "formed" (Hebrew-sqeezed into shape) on the 3rd day, the SAME day the earth was made but BEFORE the plants grew. Genesis 1:27 and Genesis 5:1-2 shows that Adam and Eve were BOTH "created in God's Image" or BORN AGAIN Spiritually, on the 6th day. This agrees with the following from the New Testament:

1Cr 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

Adam, like ALL people was first made physically and later Spiritually.

In Love,
Aman

Where is it written that "man was formed on the third day?"

Also, the man Adam was not created as was mankind but was formed (after the seventh day) and at that time...he was given spiritual life.

Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

This Adam was the natural and Jesus was the spiritual.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your post is anti Bible, racist, and totally without any scientific understanding at all.
God made all tribes of one blood. Adam is one kind/being, and made male and female.
That is what God says in His word, and your total blasphemy and racism will not be answered by me anymore.
Your type has posted this garbage on here before, and been debunked many times.
Maybe you are even one of those who did it, and got busted for your constant racism and denial of the Word of God, come back to post under a different name?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

YeShallTread

Nov 11, 2012
✟2,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your post is anti Bible, racist, and totally without any scientific understanding at all.
God made all tribes of one blood. Adam is one kind/being, and made male and female.
That is what God says in His word, and your total blasphemy and racism will not be answered by me anymore.
Maybe you are even one of those who did it, and got busted for your constant racism and denial of the Word of God, come back to post under a different name?

"Blasphemy, racism, garbage, denial of God's Word, anti-bible?" :eek: Wow, and my LOL was reprimanded.

I don't understand why some folks use the word "racism" when another points out there are various races (as if that needed to be pointed out). Are there races? If there are then why are you using "racism" in such a way?

Racism is "hatred or intolerance of another race or other races." Have I in any way made a derogatory comment about any race? If not then perhaps you should rethink your choice of words.

663793.JPG

Did our Father create all of these people? Yes He did so why do you have such a difficult time is simply accepting the wonderful difference He has provided?​

Upvote 0

mathetes123

Dec 26, 2011
✟10,634.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Where is it written that "man was formed on the third day?"

Also, the man Adam was not created as was mankind but was formed (after the seventh day) and at that time...he was given spiritual life.

Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

This Adam was the natural and Jesus was the spiritual.

Adam was created on the 6th day. God rested from His created on the 7th day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You say IN A POST that you won't answer a person's post?
Actions speak louder than words. It's NOT that hard to ignore
a person post. Sometimes I don't eve read one. That makes
no response so much easier. "Self Control is key to happiness" - Confuse-us

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Humanity was populating earth long before Adam was formed. However, he was the first man in the genetic line to Christ. As God tells us Eve was taken from Adam then...was she not taken from Adam?
Genesis 2:21-22 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; A the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made He a woman, and brought her unto the man.
The word "rib," properly translated, is "curve." Perhaps the translators thought the curve was the rib of Adam. A thought is that God took the "curve - Helix Curve, DNA" of Adam to form Eve.
I've never heard it translated as "curve", but more like "rib" or "side". It's interesting to me that you speculate it's specifically referring to DNA. I'm going to suggest that it really was a rib, because ‘rib periosteum has a remarkable ability to regenerate bone, perhaps more so than any other bone’ and God didn't want to leave Adam with any lasting damage.

The various races were "created." The Adamic line was "formed." An Indian couple will only have Indian babies. An Hispanic couple will only have Hispanic babies. And...it was good. There is no need for folks to unlock a riddle on this for it is no riddle. The problem is they try to fit in that all people came from Adam and...that just isn't true.
All skin colors could have come from a single pair of parents, provided their initial genes were as described in the link I provided. So regarding skin color, there's no scientific requirement that we come from more than a single pair.

And if people with similar-colored skin tended to pair off, then the genes for differently-colored skin would vanish from their genomes, and voilà, you would have a culture with a single skin color.

That leads me to where I believe the Bible says we came from, in the verse below.

Please be more specific when referring to verses when trying to make a point. You may well have come from the man Adam and perhaps I did too but I assure you...the various races had another beginning.
I'll change gears and go to a different verse that I think may be more relevant here, Acts 17:26:

From one man he made every nation of the human race to inhabit the entire earth, determining their set times and the fixed limits of the places where they would live,
That was Paul speaking. Whether the "one man" refers to Adam or Noah doesn't matter, since choosing Noah eventually leads back to Adam anyway because Noah was his descendant. It then leads back to Eve as well, because she was Adam's wife, and also called "the mother of all living".

I understand that the belief in a larger human population during Adam's time is common among TE's (whether you consider yourself one, I don't know). Nevertheless, Paul claims that all nations came through Noah and Adam. If there ever were other humans, they're gone from the scene and all of us are now descendants of Adam through Noah.

Upvote 0

YeShallTread

Nov 11, 2012
✟2,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've never heard it translated as "curve", but more like "rib" or "side". It's interesting to me that you speculate it's specifically referring to DNA. I'm going to suggest that it really was a rib, because ‘rib periosteum has a remarkable ability to regenerate bone, perhaps more so than any other bone’ and God didn't want to leave Adam with any lasting damage.

Good morning Chet :wave:

As the rib from the side is curved....LOL....who knows? Whichever one, God used it to "make woman / womb-man." Was it DNA as they were one person or was it a regenerative bone?

All skin colors could have come from a single pair of parents, provided their initial genes were as described in the link I provided. So regarding skin color, there's no scientific requirement that we come from more than a single pair.

And if people with similar-colored skin tended to pair off, then the genes for differently-colored skin would vanish from their genomes, and voilà, you would have a culture with a single skin color.

Except....His Word tells us man (mankind) was created before Adam was formed.
Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Notice that man (mankind) was made in "our image," meaning...in the image of more than one....so it was more than one man being made.
1:27 So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.
The angelic beings with God were in the image of God and man-kind was also created in their image. This isn't speaking of just one man.
1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

1:31 And God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

2:1-2 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made.
On the sixth day everything was complete, "were finished" including "all the host" of His works....all mankind. How can that be if billions more were to be born? Because within created mankind was seed so all the generations of heaven and earth that were to come were already created before His seventh day of rest.

2:4-7 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens, And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

We are the generations and we were created long before we were born. He tells us we were created "in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens." When was that?
1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
In the beginning He brought us forth and that was long before "the earth became void." Perhaps billions of years before this present age began. We aren't told when, where or how but we know it was before "earth became void" because of the rebellion of Satan.

Satan was at one time loved by God...his rebellion occurred before we are first introduced to him in the garden of Eden. Then he was already in his fallen state. The falling of which caused the earth to become void and dark.

We are spiritual beings before being born of woman. Of mankind on earth He chose one specific man to be formed. This man was to "till the soil," meaning hear the Word of the Lord and teach others. This man Adam was the first in the line leading to Christ, the first of the "chosen people."

That leads me to where I believe the Bible says we came from, in the verse below.

I'll change gears and go to a different verse that I think may be more relevant here, Acts 17:26:

Acts 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

"One blood." The text omits the word "blood." If all men were from one man then there wouldn't be "nations of men." There would have been no reason for God to instruct His chosen to not marry into other nations. Instead we various nations/nationalities were appointed to stay within our bounds. "Nations" is ethnos = ethic people.

That was Paul speaking. Whether the "one man" refers to Adam or Noah doesn't matter, since choosing Noah eventually leads back to Adam anyway because Noah was his descendant. It then leads back to Eve as well, because she was Adam's wife, and also called "the mother of all living".

She is the mother of all living for she was the beginning of Christ and only through Him is one spiritually alive. She was not the mother of all humanity.

I understand that the belief in a larger human population during Adam's time is common among TE's (whether you consider yourself one, I don't know). Nevertheless, Paul claims that all nations came through Noah and Adam. If there ever were other humans, they're gone from the scene and all of us are now descendants of Adam through Noah.

From Adam to Christ is a direct line. All nations are not from Adam.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Ye:>>Notice that man (mankind) was made in "our image," meaning...in the image of more than one....so it was more than one man being made.
1:27 So God created man in His own image,

The above is speaking of Adam and Eve being created in God's Image or created Spiritually. God is an invisible Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
As the rib from the side is curved....LOL....who knows? Whichever one, God used it to "make woman / womb-man." Was it DNA as they were one person or was it a regenerative bone?
I don't know.

Except....His Word tells us man (mankind) was created before Adam was formed.
Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Notice that man (mankind) was made in "our image," meaning...in the image of more than one....so it was more than one man being made.
1:27 So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.
The angelic beings with God were in the image of God and man-kind was also created in their image. This isn't speaking of just one man.
1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

1:31 And God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.​

From what I've read the phrases 'our image' and 'our likeness' are likely divine council references. From Job we know the 'sons of God' observed the creation.

Yes, the text says 'them', and 'male and female'. But Adam and Eve alone qualify for those terms. So I see no need to postulate additional people.

2:4-7 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens, And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

We are the generations and we were created long before we were born. He tells us we were created "in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens." When was that?
1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
In the beginning He brought us forth and that was long before "the earth became void." Perhaps billions of years before this present age began. We aren't told when, where or how but we know it was before "earth became void" because of the rebellion of Satan.

We are spiritual beings before being born of woman. Of mankind on earth He chose one specific man to be formed. This man was to "till the soil," meaning hear the Word of the Lord and teach others. This man Adam was the first in the line leading to Christ, the first of the "chosen people."
I'm not an expert on the relationships between the first two chapters of Genesis; I've heard all kinds of ideas. So I think I hear what you're saying, but I'm holding off on taking any strong stands on the subject.

"One blood." The text omits the word "blood." If all men were from one man then there wouldn't be "nations of men." There would have been no reason for God to instruct His chosen to not marry into other nations. Instead we various nations/nationalities were appointed to stay within our bounds. "Nations" is ethnos = ethic people.
Here I'm on firm ground because I'm familiar with the Hebrew concept of "nations". The Hebrews believed in 70 nations, as enumerated in Genesis 10 (commonly called the Table of Nations). All of these nations were descended from Noah, and many of them have been mapped to particular geographies as far away as Europe, Africa, and Persia. Israel was the 71st nation, created by God when he chose Abraham. Paul is clearly referring to these 70 nations because he mentions their boundaries, as also described in Deut 32:7-9.

All of these nations are descendants of Noah because they're contained in Noah's genealogy. And as Noah and his sons were the only males to survive the Flood, all the "nations" were (and are) descendants of Noah. And through Noah, descendants of Adam.

Even Jesus touched on the 70 nations when he sent out the 70 disciples. That was a sign that God was calling not only Israel (via the 12 closest disciples) but all 70 of the nations of the world (via 70 more disciples).

She is the mother of all living for she was the beginning of Christ and only through Him is one spiritually alive. She was not the mother of all humanity.
A simpler explanation is that no explanation is required: "the mother of all living" means what it says.​

Upvote 0

YeShallTread

Nov 11, 2012
✟2,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ye:>>Notice that man (mankind) was made in "our image," meaning...in the image of more than one....so it was more than one man being made.
1:27 So God created man in His own image,

The above is speaking of Adam and Eve being created in God's Image or created Spiritually. God is an invisible Spirit.

The first chapter of Genesis pertains to the creation of mankind. The second chapter is about the man Adam...the beginning of the line leading to Jesus Christ.

God is Spirit...does that mean He is invisible? :)

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Ye:>>The first chapter of Genesis pertains to the creation of mankind. The second chapter is about the man Adam...the beginning of the line leading to Jesus Christ.

God is Spirit...does that mean He is invisible? :)

Dear Ye, Yes. Jesus is the Image of the invisible Spirit of God. Here is the supporting Scripture:

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Jesus is God incarnate or in the physical. He tells us if you have seen Him you have seen the Father. In Jesus dweeleth ALL of the fulness of the Godhead Bodily. Jesus is LORD God of the Old Testament, and the only God you will ever see. No one has ever seen the Father, Jesus told us of Him. John 1:18

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

YeShallTread

Nov 11, 2012
✟2,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know.

^_^ Some things we know...sometimes we guess...and somethings we just aren't supposed to know. This may be one of them.

From what I've read the phrases 'our image' and 'our likeness' are likely divine council references. From Job we know the 'sons of God' observed the creation.

Yes, the text says 'them', and 'male and female'. But Adam and Eve alone qualify for those terms. So I see no need to postulate additional people.

If, as you pointed out, the "sons of God" were with Him then to me...the "them made in His image" would mean more than one couple.

I'm not an expert on the relationships between the first two chapters of Genesis; I've heard all kinds of ideas. So I think I hear what you're saying, but I'm holding off on taking any strong stands on the subject.

Okay. :)

Here I'm on firm ground because I'm familiar with the Hebrew concept of "nations". The Hebrews believed in 70 nations, as enumerated in Genesis 10 (commonly called the Table of Nations). All of these nations were descended from Noah, and many of them have been mapped to particular geographies as far away as Europe, Africa, and Persia. Israel was the 71st nation, created by God when he chose Abraham. Paul is clearly referring to these 70 nations because he mentions their boundaries, as also described in Deut 32:7-9.

All of these nations are descendants of Noah because they're contained in Noah's genealogy. And as Noah and his sons were the only males to survive the Flood, all the "nations" were (and are) descendants of Noah. And through Noah, descendants of Adam.

Even Jesus touched on the 70 nations when he sent out the 70 disciples. That was a sign that God was calling not only Israel (via the 12 closest disciples) but all 70 of the nations of the world (via 70 more disciples).

That is an interesting teaching...thank you. I have just lately noticed the [70] and wanted to spend more time in study about them. However, please consider....all nations are NOT descendants of Noah.

Genesis 6:17-19 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die. But with thee will I establish My covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee. And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.
In the above we readily see that "all flesh wherein is the breath of life" refers to humanity. Then we should also see that the "all flesh of every living thing" of the two by two, male and female taken on the ark to be kept alive would include...humanity.
7:15-16 And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life. And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the Lord shut him in.

7:23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

A simpler explanation is that no explanation is required: "the mother of all living" means what it says.

It would be simpler but...not correct. ;) There are myriad numbers of walking, talking, breathing DEAD people today. They are spiritually deader than a hammer.

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If, as you pointed out, the "sons of God" were with Him then to me...the "them made in His image" would mean more than one couple.
Adam and Eve, being two, are enough to qualify as the "them" in "he made them in his image".

That is an interesting teaching...thank you. I have just lately noticed the [70] and wanted to spend more time in study about them. However, please consider....all nations are NOT descendants of Noah.

Genesis 6:17-19 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die. But with thee will I establish My covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee. And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.
In the above we readily see that "all flesh wherein is the breath of life" refers to humanity. Then we should also see that the "all flesh of every living thing" of the two by two, male and female taken on the ark to be kept alive would include...humanity.
7:15-16 And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life. And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the Lord shut him in.

7:23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
No, I don't readily see. That the entire earth was repopulated by only eight people is seen in Gen 9:18-19 and 1 Pet 3:20.

It would be simpler but...not correct. ;) There are myriad numbers of walking, talking, breathing DEAD people today. They are spiritually deader than a hammer.
We were all dead in our sins before being made alive in Christ Jesus.

I have to say that the more you type, the more unorthodox your views appear. Is this idea held by your church?

Last edited:
Upvote 0