North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't think you understand the discussion. Some of really do understand the Faith issue.

We also see clearly that your notes are not Scripture.

I completely understand the Acts chapter 15 debate & the debates outcome. The Law promoters lost!

2ndly, I never claimed or implied my notes were scripture. It's the whole reason they separated & placed in parenthesis & say's MY NOTE. Best wishes, JJ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So, you're saying that James's judgement of the things the gentiles needed to do as Christians was all that was necessary so they could attend synagogue and they needed to learn nothing else from the Jews? You're saying this was already well-established all over the empire, so James is actually judging nothing new?
They did not need to be taught of Christ or salvation from the synagogue. It was The apostles and those sent by them over the Church that disciplined and instructed them.

Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They did not need to be taught of Christ or salvation from the synagogue. It was The apostles and those sent by them over the Church that disciplined and instructed them.

Understood. Agreed. Thanks, but I don't think this is an answer to me question.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Understood. Agreed. Thanks, but I don't think this is an answer to me question.
What part of discipline and instruction from the apostles did not answer your question? They were not instructed in Christ from the synagogue. In fact they already knew they would be thrown out.

Upvote 0