Actor Sylvester Stallone Returns to Christian Faith, Includes Conversion in New Movie

theeyesoftammyfaye

no parking baby - no parking on the dance floor
Nov 18, 2003
Austin, TX
Visit site
✟18,673.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You're just mad because he didn't choose Scientology. But take heart, you've still got John Travolta and Tom Cruise.

and juliette lewis. and anne archer. and beck. and kelly preston. and lisa marie presley. and priscilla presley. and kirstie alley. and chick corea. and isaac hayes. and on and on and on and on.

you can have sly stallone. personally speaking, celebrity or not, anyone is welcome in my faith.

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
oh please. two different things. you went into a thread about neil patrick harris coming out to comment about how much you didn't care.

i said "who cares" about if sylvester stallone was a "has-been" or a "still is" - it really doesn't have much of a bearing on the story. i'm happy for sly stallone if his new-found faith helps him out. the end.

two totally different things.

Actually.. the only thing I posted was "Who cares?" The rest of the comments were in response to your seemingly getting bent out of shape over my posting "Who cares?" ^_^ And here you are.. posting the same EXACT thing.

Well... you know what they say. What goes around comes around. ^_^

Upvote 0

KarrieTex

HOOK EM HORNS
Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2006
Houston, Texas
✟38,214.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=rocky6.htm

TOTAL DOMESTIC BOX OFFICE EARNINGS: $65,600,017

The movie is Sylvester Stallone's most successful starring role since 1993's Cliffhanger and has already outperformed the previous sequel, 1990's Rocky V, which only grossed 40,946,358.

Not to mention, all of Stallone's films together have grossed over $1.7 billion in the USA and over $3.5 billion worldwide.

Yeah, that qualifies as a "has-been" :doh:
A has been who now has rediscovered who Christ is.

Sigh, yes how nice that is for him. :sleep:

Really, I am glad to see anyone come beack to Christ. I hope that God heals all his hurts and gives him the strength he will need to be a christian in Hollywood.

By and by what about Danny Bonaduce? I watched his baptism on his show, which is very good. And I was happy with him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=rocky6.htm

TOTAL DOMESTIC BOX OFFICE EARNINGS: $65,600,017

The movie is Sylvester Stallone's most successful starring role since 1993's Cliffhanger and has already outperformed the previous sequel, 1990's Rocky V, which only grossed 40,946,358.

Not to mention, all of Stallone's films together have grossed over $1.7 billion in the USA and over $3.5 billion worldwide.

Yeah, that qualifies as a "has-been" :doh:

He is not gone, but a star is only as good as his last film. And hasn't iut been a while since he produced a good film?
Rocky2007?:sigh:
I am glad he is reborn. But he isn't a famous as he once was.

Upvote 0

KarrieTex

HOOK EM HORNS
Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2006
Houston, Texas
✟38,214.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
He is not gone, but a star is only as good as his last film. And hasn't iut been a while since he produced a good film?
Rocky2007?:sigh:
I am glad he is reborn. But he isn't a famous as he once was.
I beg to differ.

Sly, Arnold, Harrison Ford and a few others are just as famous as they were in the beginning. They are not trendy.

Goodness, let me ask Paul Newman or Robert Redford if they are no longer famous. OH wait how about Warren Betty. Heaven forbid he hasn't made a movie in a while, let me go get his Golden Globe, that he just won.

Upvote 0

LovesTruth

May 22, 2006
✟2,092.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Stallone developed a free leader’s resource kit, in association with Motive Entertainment, to help pastors and church leaders utilize the film’s Christian message. The kit includes a free downloadable leader’s guide address the issues of courage, integrity, faith, victory and purpose, the Christian Examiner reported. The guide has several approaches tailored to meet the varying needs of pastors, youth leaders, lay ministry leaders and parents.

Thank God. This sounds like it is for real. I suspected that he may be just getting "religion" instead of Jesus Christ, but the article, the reference to a sterling ministry like Focus on the Familly and this media ministry sound sincere and like the real thing... not the kind of thing a false conversion would bring on.

I am pleased to read this. Thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure that there have always been Christan actors and actresses in Hollywood. What seems funny to me these days is that when someone famous becomes a Christan (or other faith) it becomes a means of publicity, and often a way to breath new life in a sagging career. Todays brand of Christianity is well suited for marketing purposes and that alone makes me question it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MsAnne

:)
Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
✟12,333.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Aaaaanyway, back to the OP. I must say I am impressed with his quotes. I don't know that I'm in a big rush to go see this next Rocky movie, but I am pleased to see where he is at in his faith right now. I would remind us all that "returns to Christan faith" doesn't mean "becomes perfect". I've seen too many celebrities declare their faith only to become fodder for skeptics who wait for them to fail.

All I'm saying is no amount of repentance will get me to forgive him for Rhinestone. ;)
Now that's good! :D

Upvote 0

LovesTruth

May 22, 2006
✟2,092.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sure that there have always been Christan actors and actresses in Hollywood. What seems funny to me these days is that when someone famous becomes a Christan (or other faith) it becomes a means of publicity, and often a way to breath new life in a sagging career. Todays brand of Christianity is well suited for marketing purposes and that alone makes me question it.
There has always been persecution and discrimination against moral people in Hollywood and against moral observant Jews and Christians in particular.

The anti-faith bigots who make dirty movies and tv shows dishonor our Lord. I prefer to celebrate the repentence of anyone in the industry who turns his back on sin and his heart toward the Messiah.

Upvote 0