Actor Sylvester Stallone Returns to Christian Faith, Includes Conversion in New Movie

KerrMetric

Oct 2, 2005
Pasadena, CA
✟6,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=rocky6.htm

TOTAL DOMESTIC BOX OFFICE EARNINGS: $65,600,017

The movie is Sylvester Stallone's most successful starring role since 1993's Cliffhanger and has already outperformed the previous sequel, 1990's Rocky V, which only grossed 40,946,358.

Not to mention, all of Stallone's films together have grossed over $1.7 billion in the USA and over $3.5 billion worldwide.

Yeah, that qualifies as a "has-been" :doh:

Well yes he is a has been and this was the case for the last decade.

By the way - 40 million in 1990 is way more than 65 million today when you take account of inflation.

And this is a one off - going back to the Rocky gravy train. Stallone's career is shot and he knows it. After all, we all know it.

Upvote 0

CFISNOWHERESYFORUMS

Amor verdadero no aprueba pecado.
Oct 26, 2006
✟2,004.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Demonstrably false.

By the way - 40 million in 1990 is way more than 65 million today when you take account of inflation.

Again, Demonstrably false. 40,000,000 in 1990 is about $59,493,535.15 today.

Serious question, Do you make up your figures whole-cloth? On another thread you claimed that 99% of those who wear dreadlocks are Black and the others are lesbians and those who hang out with Blacks. Yet there was not one shred of evidence for this claim. Just as there is not one shred of evidence for your inflation claim here.

So I must inquire, are you making this stuff up whole-cloth, or are you just being funny?

Help me out, I really want to know.

Oh, by the way, you must also Consider that Rocky Balboa isn't done yet, it's still got a lot more money to make.

And this is a one off - going back to the Rocky gravy train. Stallone's career is shot and he knows it. After all, we all know it.
Again, Demonstrably false. The next Rambo movie will prove it.

Upvote 0

susanann

Senior Veteran
Nov 5, 2005
✟13,020.00
Faith
Christian
http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2007/jan/07011201.html

LOS ANGELES, California, January 12, 2006 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Sylvester Stallone, of “Rocky” and “Rambo” fame, has come back to his Christian roots, in a conversion experience that he says has released him from the pressures of the world.

....but..................... is he still a hypocrit?

Sylvester Stallone was the leading gun control advocate in California, but yet before he moved, he also had the largest personal private gun collection and a private shooting range in his California home basement that was bigger and better than the Beverly HIlls Gun Club.

I question the honesty and sincerity of any person, about any matter, who is such an obvious blatent hypocrit.

After all, the guy is an actor. He makes a living fooling people and pretending to be something he is not. Until I see where is private and public lives are consitent and honest, I dont believe anything this guy says.

Upvote 0

KarrieTex

HOOK EM HORNS
Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2006
Houston, Texas
✟38,214.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

His career shot. OH PLEASE!!

I am so amazed by that. I look at these older actors, Eastwood, Redford, Ford, Newman, Duvalle, and on it goes and it's not shot.

Good grief being of an age where you are retired and not having to make a film to keep going is not shot.

Upvote 0

KarrieTex

HOOK EM HORNS
Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2006
Houston, Texas
✟38,214.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Sylvester Stallone was the leading gun control advocate in California, but yet before he moved, he also had the largest personal private gun collection and a private shooting range in his California home basement that was bigger and better than the Beverly HIlls Gun Club.

I question the honesty and sincerity of any person, about any matter, who is such an obvious blatent hypocrit.

After all, the guy is an actor. He makes a living fooling people and pretending to be something he is not. Until I see where is private and public lives are consitent and honest, I dont believe anything this guy says.
And how do those 2 things add up to be hyprocritcal?

I owns guns and I would also be in support of tighter gun control.

Just because you own weapons does not mean you don't see the need for tighter gun control.

Upvote 0

susanann

Senior Veteran
Nov 5, 2005
✟13,020.00
Faith
Christian
Originally Posted by susanann

And how do those 2 things add up to be hyprocritcal?

I owns guns and I would also be in support of tighter gun control.

Just because you own weapons does not mean you don't see the need for tighter gun control.

He doesnt want YOU to own guns!

In the 1990's Sylvester Stallone publically advocated house to house searches to round up all the guns ( violation of both the Second and the Fourth United States Bill of Rights) and take them away ( not his house, and not his guns, but everyone elses).

Sylvester Stallone did not want poor people ( i.e. those who are not rich actors) to own or possess guns.

So................. you share his opinions? If so, then be consistent and get rid of your guns.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

steelmagnolia

Apr 20, 2004
South Eastern Coast
Visit site
✟16,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Reliable source?

Upvote 0

steelmagnolia

Apr 20, 2004
South Eastern Coast
Visit site
✟16,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I see that most of the negative comments are coming from people that are of the anti-Christian crowd....

Leads me to believe they really have a problem with Christianity. So, of course, they'll slam any actor that comes to Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

susanann

Senior Veteran
Nov 5, 2005
✟13,020.00
Faith
Christian
Originally Posted by susanann

Reliable source?

I saw and heard him say it on television, and I read what he said in the newspapers. Syllvester Stallone, around the time of the Watts riots, was advocating that the police should cordon off sections of Los Angeles, and in California, and in general, and do house to house searches (without search warrants) and then take away the privately owned guns of all the people ( not his guns though, and not his house).

We later found out about Sylvester Stallones personal private gun collection and his own personal private gun range when his house went up for sale, and there it was. The realtor listing his house advertised it as bigger and better than the Beverly Hills Gun Club shooting range.

Upvote 0