catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Across the city, hospitals are overrun. Patients have died in hallways before they could even be hooked up to one of the few available ventilators in New York. Doctors and nurses, who have had to use the same protective gear again and again, are getting sick. So many people are dying that the city is running low on body bags."
The 1,000-Bed Comfort Was Supposed to Aid New York. It Has 20 Patients.

(this ship will no doubt fill up over time with non corona patients, over time, but meanwhile the far larger story is arriving already.)

It's starting.

And it won't be only in New York city like this, but in cities across the land over time.

It's coming to your state too.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This video shows that the news is sometimes lying about how busy hospitals and test sites are:

WOW!

Did you start a thread on this subject? If not you should. If you do, please give me an @.

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

Kessa

I'd rather be a mermaid
Apr 1, 2020
Savannah, Georgia
✟9,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yes, it is going to spread everywhere and is probably much more widespread than we can imagine. The USA has over 245,000 known cases now. Considering how few tests have been available, it is likely the number of the infected are much higher, with some estimates saying real case numbers are double, triple, or even ten times higher than what we know. Until we get adequate testing, we really can't say how many people are ill. I have family members who had all the symptoms and developed pneumonia with fevers but weren't able to get tested. My state (Georgia) claims we have about 5,400 cases but we've only tested 16,000 (0.16% of the population). The key to slowing the virus is finding out who has it and tracing it back to the source as well as tracking who the infected have been in contact with. The disease will continue to spread because people don't know they were exposed, and may not know why they are ill if they have milder symptoms. Unless you are truly an essential worker making things people need to survive, bringing things to those who cannot go out, or working to heal, please stay home! This is a very scary time but if everyone is responsible for themselves and does right by others we will get past it.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This video shows that the news is sometimes lying about how busy hospitals and test sites are:

ummmm this is just lying or missunderstanding the situation, the hospitals are usually busy with people going in for tests, and other things with the corona virus, pretty much only emergency's are going to the hospital.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ummmm this is just lying or missunderstanding the situation, the hospitals are usually busy with people going in for tests, and other things with the corona virus, pretty much only emergency's are going to the hospital.

Sure, you are likely right that the person uploading the videos photoshopped all the people out of the hospitals and testing areas and these videos aren't real.

• Haha
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will back this up. My wife had an elective surgery a few weeks back in the middle of March. While I was waiting, a crowd with clipboards went through and where talking about beds and ICU. Half the floor was old ICU rooms that where being used for offices, mostly because they where old and out of date and to expensive to upgrade. They where looking at turning the whole floor into ICU and isolation.

After we went back for the checkup the following week, the place was a empty in the department we where going to, plastic surgery. It was being shut down and the staff there was nervous in the switch they where making to help Covid-19 patents they where expecting, even the doctor we where seeing, who was a trained surgeon.

We thanked everyone we saw that day for what they are doing.

Hospitals across my state (Washington) are shutting down some operations and departments to have the manpower to deal with the incoming. And since each Covid-19 infected coming in has to be isolated and then treated, you don't have that much room in a hospital for lots of patents. In fact, they have been transferring them out of Seattle to hospitals that have room, and that may not last long when the virus spreads to those areas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I live in Queens and it seems we hear sirens from ambulances going all day long. Also, I would point out that people are avoiding hospitals unless it is an emergency. They have cancelled non essential elective surgery.

I have also been running the numbers based on the deaths and estimating from there and the ICU's should be filled in NYC now, though Cuomo has done a great job of adding beds so with the Javit's center and the floating hospital and some of the other places they are converting we probably are not overflowing yet.

I heard one guy whose job is to pick up dead people saying he had 3 times as many as he can handle (normally has 40 a day, now he has 140) and that this is true throughout the city.

This kind of reporting of people videotaping the street and waiting room (not for the emergency room, but simply a place where people would be sitting if they were visiting someone in the hospital) seems very irresponsible. You are left to infer something that may not be true at all. For example I have been to that hospital in Brooklyn and also the one in Elmhurst. Usually you would see doctors and nurses walking in the streets, getting a coffee, etc. But these videos don't show a soul, where are they? If the hospital is packed and people can't even spare a few minutes to get a coffee that would lead you to the opposite conclusion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Unaware of what's happening?

I'll post a new thread with direct reports then.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I live in Queens and it seems we hear sirens from ambulances going all day long. Also, I would point out that people are avoiding hospitals unless it is an emergency. They have cancelled non essential elective surgery.

I have also been running the numbers based on the deaths and estimating from there and the ICU's should be filled in NYC now, though Cuomo has done a great job of adding beds so with the Javit's center and the floating hospital and some of the other places they are converting we probably are not overflowing yet.

I heard one guy whose job is to pick up dead people saying he had 3 times as many as he can handle (normally has 40 a day, now he has 140) and that this is true throughout the city.

This kind of reporting of people videotaping the street and waiting room (not for the emergency room, but simply a place where people would be sitting if they were visiting someone in the hospital) seems very irresponsible. You are left to infer something that may not be true at all. For example I have been to that hospital in Brooklyn and also the one in Elmhurst. Usually you would see doctors and nurses walking in the streets, getting a coffee, etc. But these videos don't show a soul, where are they? If the hospital is packed and people can't even spare a few minutes to get a coffee that would lead you to the opposite conclusion.

Additional (re)posting of this from you could be helpful for some that have been misled by a false belief system that appears to be something on the order that anything they are hearing about in mainstream news is a conspiracy or fake.

• Agree
Reactions: ZNP
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Sweet! Bothering medical staff! Sweet!

Oh! No lines OUTSIDE of hospitals? I guess hospitals are doing just fine!

I am so sick YouTubers misrepresenting and empowering simpletons.

Why do you believe some idiot with a camera and not doctors and nurses on the front line?

Why are your opinions on the covid virus BASED on mistrust of people closest to the action?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am happy there are no lines at all for people going to hospitals. The news says otherwise but maybe they aren't telling the truth like you are?
What city do you live in?

It's New York City where the by-far worst situation is, at the moment. Not other cities. Not yet. The OP is about New York City.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF. Stick to the topic, not other members.
ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 1,000-Bed Comfort Was Supposed to Aid New York. It Has 20 Patients.

If you read the article the boat only has 20 beds filled due to bureaucratic nightmare, meanwhile the hospitals are overrun but can't transfer patients. The 20 beds filled is not indicative that there isn't a need or a problem but rather that the problem is a tangle of red tape.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Informative
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is some good news, things are looking better in my state now. But only because we started social distancing early.

Coronavirus first ravaged parts of Washington state. Now there are signs of a change. - CNN
That was interesting, in that I didn't know all the detailed timeline of Washington State response, that they had closed schools on the 13th and such.

That's really helpful that he did at least close schools early, basically on the same timeline as Ohio, who announced first I think.

My own guesstimate of how long it takes to see the rate of increase in new cases flatten -- leave an exponential trend to something less steep (also, the daily new cases can zig up and down, and the reporting lags and gets updated in subsequent days) -- is very roughly on the order of about 12-14 days, for things that have significant effects. And really it's the school and restaurant/bar and gatherings closings that matter the most.

It does look like the Washington State daily new cases is doing better among the group of states with significant numbers, as a daily increase as a percentage of current cases. (as gauged from yesterday's new cases vs yesterdays total cases; it's best not to try to use today's cases, since they aren't fully updated typically). Of course, the social distancing doesn't happen all at once, so there is a piecemeal implementation.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.