Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

I've read through the SoP . . .

I have a hard time finding friends. At no time in my life were there any solid networks or relationships. This has not been from lack of trying or interventions, prayers, and conscious actions. Simply put, nothing long term is ever sustained; no strong Christian friends for lengthy periods that I can look back on and point to as an "iron-sharpening" period.

I've never married, have no kids. I've never been in any relationships. There's the usual problems with this (and some worldly consequences). And I understand the need for real accountability, but can find no one currently having just moved to a new town.

I am in counseling as I have been for the last 20 years (I'm 37). My question to the board is simply this: can counseling be the substitute for accountability?

Best regards,

ct

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello,

I've read through the SoP . . .

I have a hard time finding friends. At no time in my life were there any solid networks or relationships. This has not been from lack of trying or interventions, prayers, and conscious actions. Simply put, nothing long term is ever sustained; no strong Christian friends for lengthy periods that I can look back on and point to as an "iron-sharpening" period.

I've never married, have no kids. I've never been in any relationships. There's the usual problems with this (and some worldly consequences). And I understand the need for real accountability, but can find no one currently having just moved to a new town.

I am in counseling as I have been for the last 20 years (I'm 37). My question to the board is simply this: can counseling be the substitute for accountability?

Best regards,

ct
One can only go by the information provided here. I'd stop worrying. I hang out with on one. I spend a good deal of time serving at my church and enjoy the time I spend with people there. I have a brother that I am close to, who I visit twice a year (a two-day drive up and back) and email regularly. I try to abide by Paul's advice ("pray constantly"). We really don't need anybody but the Lord.

Upvote 0