• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Accountability Partner

Marie

Senior Veteran
Apr 8, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟18,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My parents are going through the process of divorce, and this will be both my mom and my dad's second divorce (to different people). I am adopted on my dad's side of the family, and have been for about 10 years of my life. I fell really hard after that first divorce, and had a severe case of depression which lasted for about 7 or 8 years after.

I can feel myself slipping again, although this time I am a Christian. That makes all the difference, really, but most of the time, I just take to seclusion, not wanting to do anything, be around people, talk to people, etc. I have lost a lot of the passion that I normally have in my everyday life. I am normally a very joyful person, just glowing, but people have been noticing that I have been losing that lately.

I am looking for an accountability partner, preferably just one person, who is willing to keep me accountable for not falling, and to pray for me consistently. I would also pray for them and keep them accountable for whatever they need. :)

I am open for any advice too :)

Hugs & Kisses,

Marie

:)

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Today at 07:09 PM Marie said this in Post #1

I am looking for an accountability partner, preferably just one person, who is willing to keep me accountable for not falling, and to pray for me consistently. I would also pray for them and keep them accountable for whatever they need. :) 

I'm almost old enough to be your grandfather, and my health may not be good enough to be your accountability partner. I will pray for you every day that God will give you guidance and comfort through this ordeal.

It sounds like you are already doing some very positive things. I encourage you to continue your Christian activities and let God guide you to happiness in your life as an adult. As a Christian, you will identify qualities that are important for real happiness. I pray that God will guide you into real happiness in your Christian activities and in your future. Maybe some volunteer work would help get your mind off of some of the bad things happening in your life right now. When you give of yourself to those less fortunate, you always get back 10 times what you gave. Maybe some work with the disabled or volunteer work at a local hospital would be good.

Sometimes bad situations cause depression, and that is really a condition of going inward to yourself. Getting involved in something positive as a volunteer would be the opposite, going outward to others. You will find that you have a lot of very positive things to be thankful for. This negative situation can turn out to be something positive you may use for the rest of your life. I sincerely pray this will be true. Marie, you are very young and have your whole life ahead of you. You are a Christian, and you walk with Jesus. Real peace, joy, and happiness is in Jesus, and He is always with you. Give your parents' problems to Jesus. I and many other Christians will pray for you that God will guide you to happiness. The problems of your parents should not be on your shoulders to solve. Marie, may God bless and keep you in His Loving Arms.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
LOL, I'm not strict enough to be anyone's accountability partner, and I'm definitely not equipped for the task of keeping people focused and extroverted. . .hehe. If I was, I wouldn't be me, you know?

Nevertheless I prayed for you, and I hope that God will heal your parents' marriage.

:hug:

Upvote 0