Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Evidence?

When I was in school, there were a couple of Muslim guys in my grade. The only concession I recall them getting or asking for was no pork products in their food. How has that changed, and what proof do you have that it has changed?

I never stated that it is all on the scale of us all having experienced it.

Jr

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,291.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's not what I was saying. Public schools are promoting the valueless system of thought for each one doing whatever one wants; that moral constraints are old school, antiquated nonsense that need to be cast aside, very much like Nick quoted in the OP.

Jr
I don’t believe you. Do have any actual evidence that public schools are “promoting the valueless system of thought....”.

And I mean real evidence, not vague unsupported claims.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,291.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Today, it's a free-for-all of valueless humanism, with islam cast as the only acceptable religion to be practiced in our schools, which is ironic given how hostile islam is toward women's freedom and homosexuals.
Jr
One of the values Christians are to embrace is telling the truth.

You are making things up.

• Winner
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
On what basis do you say that our schools should be "nonreligious"?

Amusing foreigners have to explain your own constitution to you but sure here you go

First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

following that line.....

Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia

Thinking long term this has added benefit of keeping Islam or any other religion out of the schools when they become majority.

This of course only happens if people really care about constitution or even understand it. Looking at these forums I do not have much hope.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There are increasing reports locally of public schools having students act out jihad councils and chants, as well as teaching select the islamic beliefs, steering clear of the Quoran's teaching about the place of women. American Family Radio has also been reporting of the same types of drive within public schools across the nation. There are articles across the web about this as well, featuring testimonials from parents who found out about those teachings and activities without ever having been told by the schools.

The public, state university where I attended to get my degree also has taken the university chapel and given it to the islamics for their exclusive use, with all non-islamics barred from being allowed entrance.

On and on the testimonies go. Can I pull out for you evidence you can hold in your hands like a steel ball. No. I cannot. It has to do with hearing from those who report on things that are not paraded with fanfare because the administrators know the public would not approve. Even the ACLU is turning a blind eye to the activities in public schools, even though they would never countenance Christianity being taught and acted out on the same scale.

On what basis do you say that our schools should be "nonreligious"? Are the courts infallible?

Just wondering about the basis for your question and assumed ruling.

Jr

Why is any of that bad? Kids should learn history and about other beliefs. It's the same with war reenactment, I highly doubt most people playing confederate soldiers want slavery back. People are so paranoid about their kids learning other faiths it almost makes me question the strength of their own beliefs.

• Agree
Reactions: SwordmanJr
Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Given the modern climate leaning more and more toward immorality, the biblical and historic taboo against incest is coming under increasing attack.

In an interview, Nick Cassavetes, whose new movie Yellow tells the story of a love affair between an adult sister and brother, stated that "Incest is just the latest frontier in people throwing off the shackles of rigid, cultural convention and following their hearts."

Recall what the word of God says about the human heart....

According to Nick, “We had heard a few stories where brothers and sisters were completely, absolutely in love with one another. You know what? This whole movie is about judgment, and lack of it, and doing what you want. Who gives a @#$% if people judge you? I’m not saying this is an absolute, but in a way, if you’re not having kids — who gives a @#$%? Love who you want. Isn’t that what we say? Gay marriage — love who you want? If it’s your brother or sister it’s super-weird, but if you look at it, you’re not hurting anybody except every single person who freaks out because you’re in love with one another.”

Wow. Talk about missing an inherent reality about the fallenness of human beings and joining the ranks of those whose ignorance of psychological truth, as opposed to flabby, toxic relativism and malignant narcissism, imperils our children under the guise of freedom from judgement and constraints.

When incest is going on in a family, they're not expressing genuine romantic love. They're expressing pathologically fractured boundaries that existed in their family of origin. They're manifesting fouled roots. They're expressing household values where there can be seen the unleashing of inappropriate, toxic, sexual impulses.

Normal, healthy brothers and sisters don’t have sex as kids, adolescents or when they grow up. Only the sick ones do. And when a freak of moral nature makes the statement that incest is just fine for consenting sisters and brothers, he presumably also believes (based on the comments quoted above) in many other warped and twisted behavior as being appropriate.

How long before we are sacrificing our children on the burning arms of idols once again rather than only murdering them in the womb?

He believes human beings are free to do as they choose? He questions why we should call anyone disordered? Isn’t that just vicious name-calling? And how about this one? Why can’t a killer do in a consenting victim? Why can’t someone who believes the CIA is following him and who ends up homeless just be called a “life artist?” Why does that person have to be labeled psychotic? Who’s to pass judgment? Certainly not Nick.

He and those like him have no guiding principles, other than this one: There are no guiding principles.

Bottom line: Sisters and brothers who have sexual affairs are not well. They need help sorting out and overcoming psychological suffering and terrifying traumas that perhaps visited them long ago.

It is in our increasingly psychologically ill society where the mainstreaming of psychiatric pathology—what one of my mentors termed, are “collaborating with madness”— and passes for tolerance and enlightenment what is so very damaging to many. And the ambassadors of this epidemic of pathological-behavior-as-freedom too often come from television and film.

Thoughts?

Jr

This type of thing was actually touched upon as the gay marriage issue was coming to a head. Most people felt polygamy would be next, but it could be brother/Sister. Actually these strange forms of marriage destroyed Rome, Greece, Persia, Babylon, and the list goes on, and on (there were other factors as well)

But Gay marriage will lead to polygamy, which will lead to Brother/Sister marriage, then human to animal.

This moral decline was predicted, and is part of the falling away that will happen near the end.

Partial birth abortion, infanticide, assisted suicide, euthanasia, eugenics, LGBT movement, if you look at it from the outside, we are lost.

But we have a wonderful gracious God who loves us, and forgives our sins, so we can have hope.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The way God often judges wickedness is to allow that wickedness to play out fully in all of its death-dealing horror (Romans 1:24-28). Cassevetes thinks he's throwing off the shackles of convention but what he is really doing is encouraging a sort of living God promises will result in death (Romans 3:23; James 1:15).

The normalizing of homosexuality in North American culture has paved the way for all of the other deviant sexualities to expand and corrupt lives. I think polygamy, incest and pedophilia will soon be the new ground of moral contention culturally. Such perversions are not uncommon in Muslim societies, which are quietly growing and entrenching themselves in North America, as they have in Europe. It will not be long before Muslims begin to clamor ever more loudly for Sharia law and the sexual norms of their native Islamic countries. This is what is happening throughout Europe and will, I believe, begin also to happen here. And Hollywood will cheer them on, championing as always the throwing off of all sexual constraint.

But, this is the direction Scripture warns things will go before the End. See 2 Timothy 3:1-4.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: SwordmanJr
Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Still need evidence for your claim here.

So, you want evidence for something outside the scope of your personal experience and the bubble you appear to live within? How much higher than reality have you set your bar of acceptance? How often have you visited a local public school in recent times to educate yourself on modern curriculum where these kinds of problems are manifest? How can I prove to you that my children were very recently under that barrage, thus causing us to have to pull them from that public school and place them in a private school? How long has it been since you listened to one of D. James Kennedy's sermons, especially those where he outlines the situation in varying details and examples? How long has it been since you listened to AFR, BOTT and numerous other Christian outlets for ministry and news that has direct impact upon families and the nations?

It seems to me that most here are aware of, and some have even experienced at least SOME of the foundational statements I have made in this regard, so I'm puzzled how you could be so isolated from what is becoming more and more obvious and prolific with time.

Yes, perhaps I am appealing to some alleged fallacy of some sort that someone out there has conjured up from the ether, but when someone asks for evidence for what is all around us...I'm left somewhat mystified. I didn't take a recording device into the public school classrooms I visited, listened and observed some of the material the kids are being fed, where the social studies courses (for example) I saw included very friendly language toward islam, and how it is a peaceful religion, but that "Christianity" is guilty of murderous crusades. That only washes in the muddled brains of those who are isolated from world news and history, and who are victims of a severe lack in critical thinking skills.

So, my recommendation to you is to launch out into your own campaign for gathering information from what is all over the place around you. Believe it or not, falsehoods are not the only things emanating from the internet. Truth has the power to shine through the lies and deceptions with which the internet is loaded. So, I coupled my own observations with testimonies of others on the internet, radio and even television, magazines, and local testimonies, and it all paints a fairly recognizable portrait that only a blind man could not see.

Jr

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One of the values Christians are to embrace is telling the truth.

You are making things up.

Prove it...that I made that up! How does one stand guilty for making something up they have personally experienced, and hearing from numerous other fronts some of the same shock waves? Where do you live? How is it that you are so isolated from the public school phenomenons being reported from many areas of the nation? I have friends in New York whose kids are hearing the parroted rhetoric of anti-police hatred from their teachers.

How is it that you are not ever touched by any of the numerous testimonies out there?

Jr

Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Amusing foreigners have to explain your own constitution to you but sure here you go

First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

following that line.....

Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia

Thinking long term this has added benefit of keeping Islam or any other religion out of the schools when they become majority.

This of course only happens if people really care about constitution or even understand it. Looking at these forums I do not have much hope.

Have you ever read that statement in context, and coupled that with the actual history of the people in the government at that time? No. You have not. You know not what you're talking about. That statement, in context, has to do with the government establishing and empowering a religion over all others. Individuals expressing their faith in the public square and in government is not a violation of that or anything else couched within their proper context.

You are indeed a foreigner, as you said so proudly. Please don't embarrass yourself further with nonsense.

Jr

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why is any of that bad? Kids should learn history and about other beliefs. It's the same with war reenactment, I highly doubt most people playing confederate soldiers want slavery back. People are so paranoid about their kids learning other faiths it almost makes me question the strength of their own beliefs.

I agree incest is wrong, a sin against God, etc. but is there really "an abundance" of incest in modern times (Game of Thrones nonwithstanding)?

It seems that my use of the term "abundance" can be seen as subjective. Having worked in a local clinic for family counseling, and collecting the stats on reports from parents who have caught their children doing sexual things together, it's rather striking. Granted, it may not be 50 siblings out of every 1000, but what I saw within the stats collected by just one clinic was staggering to me.

Jr

Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This type of thing was actually touched upon as the gay marriage issue was coming to a head. Most people felt polygamy would be next, but it could be brother/Sister. Actually these strange forms of marriage destroyed Rome, Greece, Persia, Babylon, and the list goes on, and on (there were other factors as well)

But Gay marriage will lead to polygamy, which will lead to Brother/Sister marriage, then human to animal.

This moral decline was predicted, and is part of the falling away that will happen near the end.

Partial birth abortion, infanticide, assisted suicide, euthanasia, eugenics, LGBT movement, if you look at it from the outside, we are lost.

But we have a wonderful gracious God who loves us, and forgives our sins, so we can have hope.

It's sad when I hear someone laugh at the statements you have made, and claim, "Ohhh, THAT will never happen...." I hate it that they don't get the last laugh for something that is not at all laughable.

Jr

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,291.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Prove it...that I made that up!
No, that is not how this works.

You made a claim - the burden of proof is on you, as claimant ,to support your claim.

Suppose I claimed there was a unicorn in my closet and you accused me of making this up; it would be absurd for me to ask you to prove that there is no unicorn in my closet.

Moderators, can we please have a rule about this as it happens all the time? That is, a rule about the claimant having the burden of proof.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,291.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How does one stand guilty for making something up they have personally experienced, and hearing from numerous other fronts some of the same shock waves? Where do you live? How is it that you are so isolated from the public school phenomenons being reported from many areas of the nation? I have friends in New York whose kids are hearing the parroted rhetoric of anti-police hatred from their teachers.

How is it that you are not ever touched by any of the numerous testimonies out there?
This is all anecdotal and evades the responsibility you have to support a claim which I and others are fairly certain you invented through a combination of an active imagination and speculation.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tolerating is one step away from allowing which is one step away from embracing. The world doesn't follow Christians. "Christians" follow the world. Society tells everyone what's right and moral. Not the bible because the bible has lost all its teeth. It is an old man spitting out mush. The world will never follow the bible because the caretakers of the bible follow the world.. If you don't agree with a warning that's ok, but I think it is more damning to discredit it than it would be to ignore it.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever read that statement in context, and coupled that with the actual history of the people in the government at that time? No. You have not.

Another false claim you can not prove but keep them coming. At least by answering your own questions you are saved logic, reason and have intellectually equal counterpart to reason with.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,291.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have qualms about gay marriage, but this chain you present does seem a tad stretched. Again, we can all make fanciful claims - supporting them with evidence of at least some sort would be a lot better.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,291.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here is the problem with threads like these. A poster takes some sort of position - and perhaps it is even one that could be reasonably argued for. But the problem comes when proponents of such ideas go way off the deep end and engage in fanciful exaggeration and even outright lying.

I suspect there are reasonable arguments as to why the practice / preaching of Islam could be detrimental to society. Or that gay marriage harms society, at least a little bit.

Consider this statement, made by a poster here:

Today, it's a free-for-all of valueless humanism, with islam cast as the only acceptable religion to be practiced in our schools,....

Let's be blunt: we probably all know that Islam, for all its possible harmful effects, is not "cast as the only acceptable religion to be practiced in our schools".

It only hurts what possible merits one's position might have when one starts to make things up out of thin air.

Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0