aka the Akhashic Record Player
Aug 9, 2004
McKinney, Texas
✟18,251.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Psychedelicist makes his grand reappearance for the 3rd time this year...

this time for a question directed more towards those of probably pagan or wiccan belief who are members of a coven. I used to belong to a coven that got split up due to having to move to different areas and 2 members who really didnt get along. recently we all moved back to our hometown (without realizing we did it at the same time- nice synchronicity there) and the remaining 4 of us decided to restart our coven.

My question is concerning the upsides and downsides of having a coven with ranks such as high priest/priestesses. I never liked the idea myself and it really seemed to cause more problems than it did to help organize us. none of us seems to possess both the knowledge and ability to devote ourselves to the tasks without other things in our life getting in the way. on the other hand, we are all terrible with actually organizing ourselves spontaneously and will never get anything accomplished without some semblance of order.

just looking for some advice on the best way to go about this, we split up last time partly due to issues related to this and it would suck for it to happen again.

and on a side note, does silver ravenwolf ever drop by here anymore? and is she the same ravenwolf that wrote all those books about wicca? somehow i never made the connection till recently when i picked up one of her books at a library...

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I used to be in a pretty good coven.

If the title is going to get to someone's head, forego the titles and just work together.

Also, read this.

Remember, just because you're in a coven doesn't mean you have to put up with everyone's stupid drama.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
My question is concerning the upsides and downsides of having a coven with ranks such as high priest/priestesses.

The group I used to belong to used to have rotating priests and priestesses on a volunteer basis. This way anyone who wanted to, had the opportunity to design and lead a ritual. It was easier when only 2 people were deciding the who's and where's and what's. In effect, rank became a non-issue.

The group also had an "organizer" and about 1 to 2 times a month, we would meet in a social setting to discuss the details of upcoming rituals and keep everyone in the loop by using social websites like meetup.com

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.