Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Scriptures Without Basis On Subject

Introduction:
These are Scriptures some people quoted to back up their beliefs on where a baby goes when it dies, but is taken totally out of context, or has absolutely no connection to the subject, and or to babies or children. It is included here only because they were quoted as proof of someone's belief, either for a baby/child going to heaven or hell. Use your own best judgment as to application. This is of course my own interpretation of these verses when I placed them in context with surrounding verses, I do not claim to be infallible.
John 2:12
12. After this he went down to Capernaum, he, and his mother, and his brethren, and his disciples: and they continued there not many days.
1 Peter 2:15
15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
Matthew 9:4
4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?

Upvote 0

JesusChristChick

Servant of God Almighty
Mar 25, 2008
I am from Michigan.
✟20,421.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Luke 8:14
14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of [this] life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep [it], and bring forth fruit with patience.

Upvote 0

JesusChristChick

Servant of God Almighty
Mar 25, 2008
I am from Michigan.
✟20,421.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Job 3:1
1. After this opened Job his mouth, and cursed his day.
2 And Job spake, and said,
3 Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night [in which] it was said, There is a man child conceived.
4 Let that day be darkness; let not God regard it from above, neither let the light shine upon it.
5 Let darkness and the shadow of death stain it; let a cloud dwell upon it; let the blackness of the day terrify it.
6 As [for] that night, let darkness seize upon it; let it not be joined unto the days of the year, let it not come into the number of the months.
7 Lo, let that night be solitary, let no joyful voice come therein.
8 Let them curse it that curse the day, who are ready to raise up their mourning.
9 Let the stars of the twilight thereof be dark; let it look for light, but [have] none; neither let it see the dawning of the day:
10 Because it shut not up the doors of my [mother's] womb, nor hid sorrow from mine eyes.
11. Why died I not from the womb? [why] did I [not] give up the ghost when I came out of the belly?
12 Why did the knees prevent me? or why the breasts that I should suck?
13 For now should I have lain still and been quiet, I should have slept: then had I been at rest,
14 With kings and counselors of the earth, which built desolate places for themselves;
15 Or with princes that had gold, who filled their houses with silver:
16 Or as an hidden untimely birth I had not been; as infants [which] never saw light.

Upvote 0

JesusChristChick

Servant of God Almighty
Mar 25, 2008
I am from Michigan.
✟20,421.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Psalms 139:1
1. <<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.>> O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known [me].
2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted [with] all my ways.
4 For [there is] not a word in my tongue, [but], lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6 [Such] knowledge [is] too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot [attain] unto it.
7. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there].
9 [If] I take the wings of the morning, [and] dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light [are] both alike [to thee].
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully [and] wonderfully made: marvelous [are] thy works; and [that] my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, [and] curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all [my members] were written, [which] in continuance were fashioned, when [as yet there was] none of them.
17. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18 [If] I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
19 Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
20 For they speak against thee wickedly, [and] thine enemies take [thy name] in bain.
21 Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
23 Search me O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if [there be any] wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Upvote 0

JesusChristChick

Servant of God Almighty
Mar 25, 2008
I am from Michigan.
✟20,421.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jeremiah 8:10
10 Therefore will I give their wives unto others, [and] their fields to them that shall inherit [them]: for every one from the least even unto the greatest is given to covetousness, from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely.
16 Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusChristChick

Servant of God Almighty
Mar 25, 2008
I am from Michigan.
✟20,421.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Joshua 6:25
25 And Joshua saved Rahab the harlot alive, and her father's household, and all that she had; and she dwelleth in Israel [even] unto this day; because she hid the messengers, which Joshua sent to spy out Jericho.

Upvote 0

kj7gs

Jun 13, 2007
Kingman, AZ
✟15,185.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It is completely up to God as to who goes to heaven and who does not. The Christian today is very similar to the Israelite of the Old Testament who loved God and obeyed his law. The baby born to the Christian family is grafted into Christ in the covenant of baptism the same way as babies were circumcised under the promise given to Abraham. Christian parents have Christian babies. Christian parents submit their children to the Lord. They assume regeneration and raise their children accordingly. This means that while outreach does exist to expand the citizenship of the Kingdom by witnessing to others, there is another way of increasing that citizenship -- that of bringing one's children into the kingdom from the get go, through Christian parents that the Lord has predestined to join together to procreate. Does it mean that those children are automatically saved through birth? NO! No one is automatically saved under any condition! We have our children grafted onto the vine, caring for the new branch and bringing our children up in the ways of the Lord WITHOUT telling them that they "must accept" at the age of reason. They are NOT ripped off the vine at the age of reason, telling them that they must re-graft themselves onto the vine and therefore denying that relationship. This is because the branch has already been cultivated, it is already living in a relationship with the Lord by that time, and the expectation is that it will continue to grow and produce fruit. If that branch dies, it is cut off and thrown into the fire!
God will do the right thing with all babies, you can be assured of that. But babies born to Christian parents are not given a choice, there is no experimentation with Hinduism, Buddhism, or any other non-Christian faith, in order to give them the free will that Arminians so desperately crave. The child is not hidden from the weeds, but he is certainly protected from them through right upbringing, as the grace of God provides.
So your view is not a Calvinist one in any way since you've relied on man's ability throughout your premise. Regeneration can be assumed for the Christian family, but it is not a guarantee. You can also assume that the non-Christian family will not raise their child in a Christian manner. Whether God decides to regenerate from the womb, is up to God of course. We do not sit in the judgment seat. However, God brings whomever HE wants into his kingdom, not necessarily who WE want in his kingdom.

Upvote 0

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums