NC
✟46,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Someone at church told me that if a female (Tina for example) touches a male ( Kevin for example) , people will start rumors saying that Tina is having an affair with Kevin when he already have a girlfriend ( Christine for Example). Then Kevin’s girlfriend, (Christine) will think that Kevin is cheating with another girl.

I would like to know if this happens to you and others around you.

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Someone at church told me that if a female (Tina for example) touches a male ( Kevin for example) , people will start rumors saying that Tina is having an affair with Kevin when he already have a girlfriend ( Christine for Example). Then Kevin’s girlfriend, (Christine) will think that Kevin is cheating with another girl.

Unmarried and be engaging in sex? Here's what the scriptures say:
1 Corinthians 6:18-20
Flee from sexual immorality.
Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you,
whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price.
So glorify God in your body.

Kevin and Christine are boyfriend/girlfriend... and Tina touches Kevin....so in what way did Tina touch Kevin? did she tap him on the shoulder as to get his attention? or did Tina touch Kevin as to caress him affectionately? How did Kevin respond
to Tina...did he tell her that he's dating someone and not to be coming onto him?
Or did Kevin respond in favor to Tina's affectionate touch?

Upvote 0

Lanae

Sep 20, 2017
NC
✟46,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Unmarried and be engaging in sex? Here's what the scriptures say:
1 Corinthians 6:18-20
Flee from sexual immorality.
Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you,
whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price.
So glorify God in your body.

Kevin and Christine are boyfriend/girlfriend... and Tina touches Kevin....so in what way did Tina touch Kevin? did she tap him on the shoulder as to get his attention? or did Tina touch Kevin as to caress him affectionately? How did Kevin respond
to Tina...did he tell her that he's dating someone and not to be coming onto him?
Or did Kevin respond in favor to Tina's affectionate touch?

For Tina, like she tickles him on his side, or touch his hair. Christine just finds about the rumor from someone else like her friends or Kevin's friends. Tina just touches him and doesn't know that he has a girlfriend

Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

For Tina, like she tickles him on his side, or touch his hair. Christine just finds about the rumor from someone else like her friends or Kevin's friends. Tina just touches him and doesn't know that he has a girlfriend

First, those "friends" need to read the bible about gossip and backbiting. They need to be called out on it (Matthew 18:15-17).

Second, if Kevin has a girlfriend and Tina is using inappropriate behavior since she doesn't know he is "hitched" already, then Kevin needs to speak up and do the right thing and let her know he is not available. I don't go to my church families wives tickling their sides and patting their hair and such because that is inappropriate behavior. Also disrespectful to the spouse. Without know how Tina feels or Kevin, how well everyone knows each other, this would be my thoughts on the matter based on the bible.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. - Ezekiel 16:49

The evils of Sodom and Gomorrah....

1. Pride
2. Gluttony
3. Nothing else to do
4. No ministry for the poor

The people of Sodom and Gomorrah had nothing else to do but to fall into an evil way of life.

11 But the younger widows refuse: for when they have begun to wax wanton against Christ, they will marry;
12 Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.
13 And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not...
15 For some are already turned aside after Satan. - 1 Timothy 5

I would flee the idle religious environment. For such as environment has led to the downfall of many.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Kevin allows Tina to do that.
It's not a good thing.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. - Ezekiel 16:49

The evils of Sodom and Gomorrah....

1. Pride
2. Gluttony
3. Nothing else to do
4. No ministry for the poor

The people of Sodom and Gomorrah had nothing else to do but to fall into an evil way of life.

11 But the younger widows refuse: for when they have begun to wax wanton against Christ, they will marry;
12 Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.
13 And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not...
15 For some are already turned aside after Satan. - 1 Timothy 5

I would flee the idle religious environment. For such as environment has led to the downfall of many.

The idle Christian environment??? ... Run fer yer lives!

Upvote 0

charity_22

To God be the glory..always.
Aug 21, 2009
Riyadh
✟18,337.00
Country
Saudi Arabia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Hi Lanae, i think the problem is not the touch between the two people involved but of those who see it and give a bad meaning out of it,, sad to say it happens inside the church. Trust between the two couple should matter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
what's an idle Christian?

When I moved to these parts there were small farms everywhere. People would work hard Mo-Fr, go to town on Saturday, and go to church every Sunday. There were also many revivals to go to preached by anointed men of God. Most of the small farms have ceased to be, and the labor intensive small bales are now large bales easily picked up by the tractor.

As a result people have time on their hands.

Upvote 0