Georgia
✟7,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know this is going to open a can of worms, but I just had a thought. Christians who are against abortions, I'm curious as to why you would rather a child suffer in this life, rather than being sent to heaven before enduring any suffering? As far as I can remember children are granted automatic entry into heaven until they can be held accountable. So why deny a child a chance to have a loving home with your heavenly father instead of being raised in foster care, or worse? I don't get it.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I know this is going to open a can of worms, but I just had a thought. Christians who are against abortions, I'm curious as to why you would rather a child suffer in this life, rather than being sent to heaven before enduring any suffering? As far as I can remember children are granted automatic entry into heaven until they can be held accountable. So why deny a child a chance to have a loving home with your heavenly father instead of being raised in foster care, or worse? I don't get it.

Why not just drown our children? Wouldn't that accomplish the same thing?

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Why not just drown our children? Wouldn't that accomplish the same thing?
Not just infants and children, why not the homeless as well? Drug addicts? The handicapped? Anyone we deem to be suffering?

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am disabled and have pain, so just kill me is the logic here. How dare you pretend to know what someone will feel their whole life. Every baby deserves life not death

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Not just infants and children, why not the homeless as well? Drug addicts? The handicapped? Anyone we deem to be suffering?

We could baptize them to wash away their sins and just hold them under.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

We all must be born and live and die. Any unnatural intervention of man through a crime to end a life is simply sin no matter where the soul and spirit of the dead child goes.

Upvote 0

John Bowen

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Abortion is wrong son its evil . If you know a girl who is thinking about doing it .Tell her its wrong tell her adoption is the way to go .God said " Thou shall no kill " that's very clear. God gives life and God takes life we can't play God .

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God commands us not to murder. You can find this in Exodus 20:13

We are all created in the image and according to the likeness of God and this occurs at conception. Meaning from our very beginning we have moral worth based on being made in God’s image (Imago Dei).

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have made the logical fallacy in saying "why you would rather a child suffer in this life".

The Christian views life as a gift from God - a thing what we should be praising Him for. There are reasons why that isn't the reality for people, all being because of sin (See John 10:10).

We would rather that a mother who believes it is righteous and merciful to abort, recognise that she is thinking in a mindset of depression and that by following Christ, He can lead her to a place where ultimately, she will share precious moments of joy with her child and look back on how close she came to missing out on the whole meaning of life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I am disabled and have pain, so just kill me is the logic here. How dare you pretend to know what someone will feel their whole life. Every baby deserves life not death
I can do better than that! I command, in the Name of Jesus, that every part of your body resumes it normal function and every disablement be put right and all pain go completely!! The Scripture says "I am the Lord who heals you!!" You don't need any faith for this to happen, because I have enough faith for both of us! If you have enough faith to say to the Lord, "I receive it!" Then I have obeyed the Lord and honoured His Word and so have you. Then the results will be from the Lord in His time, and I hope that He doesn't take too long about it, just to prove that He is more powerful than your disability.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The problem is that you create a double standard. I'm sure you would oppose doing the same to an infant or child but since the fetus is treated as a subhuman then that question happens.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know this is going to open a can of worms, but I just had a thought. Christians who are against abortions, I'm curious as to why you would rather a child suffer in this life, rather than being sent to heaven before enduring any suffering?
Why do you think aborted babies don't suffer? Is it okay to kill you to keep you from any more suffering?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

First please quote chapter and verse where this in the bible.
second, by your reasoning children in abusive families should be killed, rather than helped.

Upvote 0

Isaiah Lovelace

Sep 23, 2018
Georgia
✟7,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
second, by your reasoning children in abusive families should be killed, rather than helped.
I never said anything about abusive families, I was talking about people who can’t supply for a child. For instance the poor mother on the street corner just to get by, or the 13 year old child who had been raped and left. We live in America this stuff happens a lot and I live in the capital for human trafficking. Do you think they should be responsible for a live that they don’t want.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Isaiah Lovelace

Sep 23, 2018
Georgia
✟7,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Deuteronomy 1:39
“And the little ones that you said would be taken captive, your children who do not yet know good from bad—they will enter the land. I will give it to them and they will take possession of it.”

Upvote 0

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In reference to the bold highlighted portion - Oh they do indeed suffer with that monstrous procedure. Do some research into how they do it (if you dare), it's horrific

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I never said anything about abusive families, I was talking about people who can’t supply for a child. For instance the poor mother on the street corner just to get by, or the 13 year old child who had been raped and left. We live in America this stuff happens a lot and I live in the capital for human trafficking. Do you think they should be responsible for a live that they don’t want.

I think several people have pointed out the logical inconsistency on your part. If the reason is to (a) prevent suffering and (b) send them to heaven since they automatically get a free ticket, then why don't we apply this logic everywhere else? If a person is a Christian, why not just go ahead and prevent any of their suffering and send them straight to heaven too? Why not do it for all small infants? Why do you only apply these principles to some children in the womb? Your principles seem to be grounds for killing all children and Christian adults.

A second thought. You're trying to argue general rules from particular cases, but why aren't these particular cases you mention exceptions to the rule instead?

A third thought. When the parents commit a serious mistake, such as having a child they can't/won't support, why would you punish the child by killing it? What did they do to deserve death? Where is the justice here? It seems the real problem here is that you don't give arbitrarily young enough children the dignity and value that you give to other humans. What gives you the right to determine which humans are worth more than other humans?

A fourth thought. What gives you the right to determine for someone else whether or not they get to suffer? Maybe the child would rather suffer and struggle though life than be killed as a child? What gives you the right to make this decision for them?

This looks to me like a gross disrespect for human life and people's right to their own life.

Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What about those who might not be suffering so much themselves, but are a source of suffering for others? That's almost the same thing, isn't it? I know, because I have some neighbours and colleagues who are constantly causing suffering to me. I'm sure we can extend the definition just a little bit further to allow us to drown these ones, too.

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
What about those who might not be suffering so much themselves, but are a source of suffering for others?
That's ultimately what abortion is all about. The existence of this child makes us suffer more than killing the child will cause them to suffer.

Upvote 0