not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In Jamaica persons supporting abortion says that women bodies must not be policed. Then some of those same persons speak on the need for official guidelines to reduce salt and sugar intake within persons. Isn't this telling people what they should and should not eat or drink? Why is there a double standard where abortion is concerned?

Some of these same persons supporting abortion also are ones that shout the loudest against violence against children with indignation. Isn't abortion violence against children, the killing of a child before being born? Isn't the violence women are showing to their children in Jamaica, evidence that children are viewed by some parents as simply a problem, an inconvenience.

Additionally, some of these same persons supporting abortion shout the loudest, saying that certain animals must be protected and not killed. If someone was to take an animal while pregnant and take out the baby, they would scream with outrage. Aren't humans more valuable than animals?

Furthermore, some of these same persons supporting abortion speak out against rape, when rapists use abortion as a way to cover up their crime. Pregnancy by an underage child by an adult is scientific proof of sexual relations between both persons which is against the law.

Persons that support abortion also say that botched abortion causes the mother's life to be in danger so safe abortion is needed. Abortion is not safe. It is clear that persons supporting this view believes that the safety of the mother is more important than that of the child.

Plain and simple abortion is the killing of a child in the womb. God explains very clearly the following to Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 1 verse 1-5 states:

[1] The words of Jeremiah the son of Hilkiah, of the priests that were in Anathoth in the land of Benjamin:
[2] To whom the word of the LORD came in the days of Josiah the son of Amon king of Judah, in the thirteenth year of his reign.
[3] It came also in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, unto the end of the eleventh year of Zedekiah the son of Josiah king of Judah, unto the carrying away of Jerusalem captive in the fifth month.
[4] Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
[5] Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Jesus Christ also went on to rebuke his disciples which were sidelining children:

Matthew 18 verse 1-6

[1] At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
[2] And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
[3] And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
[4] Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
[5] And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
[6] But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Matthew 19 verse 13-15

[13] Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
[14] But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
[15] And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence.

Ephesians 6 verse 1-4:

[1] Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
[2] Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)
[3] That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
[4] And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Last edited:

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Jamaica persons supporting abortion says that women bodies must not be policed. Then some of those same persons speak on the need for official guidelines to reduce salt and sugar intake within persons. Isn't this policing bodies telling what people should and should not eat or drink? Why is there a double standard where abortion is concerned?

Some of these same persons supporting abortion also are ones that shout the loudest against violence against children with indignation. Isn't abortion violence against children, the killing of a child before being born? Isn't the violence women are showing to their children in Jamaica, evidence that children are viewed by some parents as simply a problem, an inconvenience.

Additionally, some of these same persons supporting abortion shout the loudest, saying that certain animals must be protected and not killed. If someone was to take an animal while pregnant and take out the baby, they would scream with outrage. Aren't humans more valuable than animals?

Furthermore, some of these same persons supporting abortion speak out against rape, when rapists use abortion as a way to cover up their crime. Pregnancy by an underage child by an adult is scientific proof of sexual relations between both persons which is against the law.

Persons that support abortion also say that botched abortion causes the mother's life to be in danger so safe abortion is needed. There is nothing name a safe abortion. Additionally, it is clear that persons saying this is of the view that the safety of the mother is more important than that of the child.

Plain and simple abortion is the killing of a child in the womb. God explains very clearly the following to Jeremiah.

Jesus Christ also went on to rebuke his disciples which were sidelining children:

Matthew 18 verse 1-6

Matthew 19 verse 13-15

Ephesians 6 verse 1-4:

Those who promote abortion are not consistent. Anyone who goes against the truth of God is almost always inconsistent.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In Jamaica persons supporting abortion says that women bodies must not be policed. Then some of those same persons speak on the need for official guidelines to reduce salt and sugar intake within persons. Isn't this telling people what they should and should not eat or drink? Why is there a double standard where abortion is concerned?

Persons that support abortion also say that botched abortion causes the mother's life to be in danger so safe abortion is needed. Abortion is not safe. It is clear that persons supporting this view believes that the safety of the mother is more important than that of the child.
ght for abortion will makew up any story to tyo suoort what they beleive.

Matthew 18 verse 1-6

Matthew 19 verse 13-15

Ephesians 6 verse 1-4:

I have been at the forefront of opposing abortion for many years. The fact is those that fight for the right to untrammeled abortion make up the story as they go along because they have no morality to guide them.

Their morality is whatever suits them at the time and whatever will give them the outcomes they want. For example, I went to a meeting that was to promote abortion. The meeting was run by a pro-abortionist MP. During the discussion, I held up a photo of a fully formed baby that has been aborted and asked her "Is that a baby?" Her answer was "It all depends."

The other thing is that virtually everything they say is a lie. They claim that the baby in the womb is not a baby until it is viable/it can breathe/live independently/has a beating heart and so on and so on. You will find that they give as many reasons to discount the reality of a baby in the womb as the politicians who break promises.

In fact, if you want to know the truth just take the opposite view to the pro-abortionist.

Last edited:
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(1) stopping abortion in each individual case, and (2) caring for those who aren't aborted are both issues that need to be dealt with. Many fight against abortion and once they win that decision they fail to responsibly handle the follow-on issues that caused the person to even consider abortion in the first place. I get to see the longer-term consequences of parents who never wanted or are indifferent in caring for their children, as I work in a residential children's home.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm going to get you on a technicality here, as in a fetus is not a child. Plus, abortion is actually one of the safest medical procedures there is.
Spoken like a true atheist.

Please do not insult us with your make believe ideas. We have been around too long for that. Medical science had said that a baby is formed at conception. That is our position so don't try and convince us otherwise.

And from the evidence of women who have spoken out who have had an abortion, it is one of the most dangerous medical procedures available as it is on record that they are suffering from depression and suicidal ideation 20 years after the abortion. That is our position so please don't try and change it.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Those who promote abortion are not consistent. Anyone who goes against the truth of God is almost always inconsistent.

The Bible never mentions abortion except to note it as a civil misdemeanor.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The Bible never mentions abortion except to note it as a civil misdemeanor.
Yes, that is what people believe if they do not understand scripture. like they say the bible does not mention homosexuality as such but when you know what you are talking about and have some skills in exegesis one notes that there are 770 verses about homosexuality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kiwimac

Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Exodus 20:13 “You shall not murder.
It never applied to foetuses because as far as the Jews were concerned life did not start until first breath.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It never applied to foetuses because as far as the Jews were concerned life did not start until first breath.

If you care to read scripture you will find that they believed life began at conception and they never used the word fetus because it is Latin for baby.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Actually, they did not believe any such thing.

...The fact that a living sperm penetrates a living ovum resulting in the formation of a living fetus does not mean that the fetus is a living human being. According to the bible, a fetus is not a living person with a soul until after drawing its first breath.

After God formed man in Genesis 2:7, He “breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and it was then that the man became a living being”. Although the man was fully formed by God in all respects, he was not a living being until after taking his first breath.

In Job 33:4, it states: “The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.”

Again, to quote Ezekiel 37:5&6, “Thus says the Lord God to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am the Lord.”

In Exodus 21:22 it states that if a man causes a woman to have a miscarriage, he shall be fined; however, if the woman dies then he will be put to death. It should be apparent from this that the aborted fetus is not considered a living human being since the resulting punishment for the abortion is nothing more than a fine; it is not classified by the bible as a capital offense.

According to the bible, destroying a living fetus does not equate to killing a living human being even though the fetus has the potential of becoming a human being. One can not kill something that has not been born and taken a breath. This means that a stillborn would not be considered a human being either. Of course, every living sperm has the potential of becoming a human being although not one in a million will make it; the rest are aborted.

God has decreed, for one reason or another, that at least one-third of all pregnancies shall be terminated by a spontaneous abortion during the first trimester of pregnancy and that a number will be terminated after the first trimester. It would appear that God does not have any more regard for the loss of a fetus than he does for the loss of a placenta or a foreskin despite the fact that these were living tissue as the result of conception.

In a number of versions of the bible, one of the commandments in Exodus 20 that was spoken by God to Moses states: “You shall not kill”. According to the Mosaic text, this should read “You shall not murder” since the bible has commandments stating that people shall be put to death for a number of different offenses. Exodus 21:17 states: “Whoever curses his father or mother shall be put to death.” There are other capital offenses in Exodus 21. Of course, the commandment “You shall not kill” is not present in the commandments written by God on the stone tablets. For those who are not familiar with the commandments on the stone tablets that were placed in the Ark of the Covenant, they are enumerated in Exodus 34. The popular ten commandments that are enumerated in Exodus 20 were spoken by God to Moses who then relayed them to his people; they were never written.

There is nothing in the bible to indicate that a fetus is considered to be anything other than living tissue and, according to scripture, it does not become a living being until after it has taken a breath.

Source

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I cant see this as black and white as easily as others here. I dont support abortion but I can understand it. It's so easy to sit in judgement of a young woman who is pregnant without knowing her circumstance. Im not ready to throw a stone at :
  • the young girl raped and now pregnant
  • the woman who has a physical pathology that wont allow her to carry a child without life-threatening consequences
  • The woman with a mental health psychotic disorder
  • the young women impoverished and starving - yes we all nicely judge from a well fed stomach and comfortable arm chair but you may be less judgemental if you lived in South Sudan
  • the young woman through the worst of circumstances has no supports.
We could be more comfortable being sanctimonious if all these women (and not just the ones in developed nations) were given the supports they needed. For some its achievable if they lived in New York - the raped girl can be supported to bring the child to term and adopt out etc - but that's not likely is it if you live in Rwanda.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kiwimac

Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
actually they did.
You can deny the evidence as much as you like, it simply means that you are being wilfully ignorant. Normally that would not be a problem but here's the thing. Real people, living, breathing, walking, thinking people are affected by this unwillingness to learn, to consider. The Bible is quite clear that a foetus is alive but only human in potential.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I cant see this as black and white as easily as others here. I dont support abortion but I can understand it. It's so easy to sit in judgement of a young woman who is pregnant without knowing her circumstance. Im not ready to throw a stone at :
  • the young girl raped and now pregnant
  • the woman who has a physical pathology that wont allow her to carry a child without life-threatening consequences
  • The woman with a mental health psychotic disorder
  • the young women impoverished and starving - yes we all nicely judge from a well fed stomach and comfortable arm chair but you may be less judgemental if you lived in South Sudan
  • the young woman through the worst of circumstances has no supports.
We could be more comfortable being sanctimonious if all these women (and not just the ones in developed nations) were given the supports they needed. For some its achievable if they lived in New York - the raped girl can be supported to bring the child to term and adopt out etc - but that's not likely is it if you live in Rwanda.

In all moral situations in life, we can all say no but, however, as the Bible clearly shows, we do not formulate moral decisions based on the but.

Society loses it way when it makes decisions based on the but rather than on a moral imperative. If you make decisions on the but, there is no end to where you can go to justify a position.

That is what has happened with abortion. The slippery slope of death had robbed us of 55 million babies since Roe v Wade all because of a law that was intended to protect women who were raped.

Now in most countries, the law has morphed into a law where you can have your baby killed for whatever reason at any time. We are worse than animals as not one animal species kills its babies in the womb.

It is pleasing to note that the clock is being wound back in the USA on abortion. Less than 50% of young people believe that abortion should be legal. Abortion facilities are closing because they do not want to made accountable for hygiene and medical standards that hospitals are required to operate by and they don't want to comply with admitting requirements to a hospital for women where abortions go wrong as they don't want people to know about that.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You can deny the evidence as much as you like, it simply means that you are being wilfully ignorant. Normally that would not be a problem but here's the thing. Real people, living, breathing, walking, thinking people are affected by this unwillingness to learn, to consider. The Bible is quite clear that a foetus is alive but only human in potential.

The bible is quite clear that life begins at conception.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Abortion has reached the heights it has because man has turned his back on God's intention for sex.

In Genesis, God told Adam and Eve (husband and wife) to go forth and multiply. There is no indication that the Bible sanctions sex if you feel like it with whoever.

Our rebellion towards God has turned sex into a recreational activity with no responsibility. If a baby results, no worries we will have it killed.

We have got to the stage where some women have had multiple abortions as their preferred method of birth control.

I read of a case where a teacher told her students that it was wise to delay sexual activity as long as possible. Some parents found out and raised merry hell telling the teacher she had no right to try and deny the teenagers their natural peccadillos as it would harm them emotionally.

Like most of those who step over the moral line, they will invent any reason to justify their immorality.

We are so stupid that even medical evidence will not deter us. The latest report in my country is that amongst unmarried teenagers, gonorrhea has increased 100%.

The bible is quite clear that what a man sows he reaps. Today we are reaping the outcome of the sexual revolution and in most cases, it is the innocent that suffers.

Upvote 0