Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
In all moral situations in life, we can all say no but, however, as the Bible clearly shows, we do not formulate moral decisions based on the but.

Society loses it way when it makes decisions based on the but rather than on a moral imperative. If you make decisions on the but, there is no end to where you can go to justify a position.

That is what has happened with abortion. The slippery slope of death had robbed us of 55 million babies since Roe v Wade all because of a law that was intended to protect women who were raped.

Now in most countries, the law has morphed into a law where you can have your baby killed for whatever reason at any time. We are worse than animals as not one animal species kills its babies in the womb.

It is pleasing to note that the clock is being wound back in the USA on abortion. Less than 50% of young people believe that abortion should be legal. Abortion facilities are closing because they do not want to made accountable for hygiene and medical standards that hospitals are required to operate by and they don't want to comply with admitting requirements to a hospital for women where abortions go wrong as they don't want people to know about that.
I don't what you mean about *but*. That women live on the border of starvation in Africa, that women cannot carry the child to term because of a physical pathology, that they have suffered rape, that they suffer a worsened psychosis with pregnancy.... These are not trivial and not are they uncommon. In underdeveloped nations they have few or no resources to assist. I can't be the one to throw stones at these women. I anguish for their plight.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: kiwimac
Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I don't what you mean about *but*. That women live on the border of starvation in Africa, that women cannot carry the child to term because of a physical pathology, that they have suffered rape, that they suffer a worsened psychosis with pregnancy.... These are not trivial and not are they uncommon. In underdeveloped nations they have few or no resources to assist. I can't be the one to throw stones at these women. I anguish for the light.

Let me correct some of your assumptions.

One, This thread is not about women starving.

Two, I have never said any aspect of abortion is trivial.

Three, No one is throwing stones at anyone.

Four. You are not the only one who is involved in the plight of women in third nations. All my giving goes to ministries working with the poor and dispossessed in poorer nations.

Five. My concerns and experience practically are where I live and where I can influence decisions to do with abortion.

Six. My reading of the abortion issue has been international so I have taken the trouble to educate myself in all facets of it.

Seven, In poor countries, the issue is multi-faceted and cannot be solved in the same way it can in western nations. Anything I say does not address those issues.

Eight. I am only one so I cannot save the world, only the part I live in.

Nine. Every abortion kills an innocent baby.

Ten. I have my hands full dealing with the most liberal abortion law in the world where I live so we have a lot of work to do.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Let me correct some of your assumptions.

One, This thread is not about women starving.

Two, I have never said any aspect of abortion is trivial.

Three, No one is throwing stones at anyone.

Four. You are not the only one who is involved in the plight of women in third nations. All my giving goes to ministries working with the poor and dispossessed in poorer nations.

Five. My concerns and experience practically are where I live and where I can influence decisions to do with abortion.

Six. My reading of the abortion issue has been international so I have taken the trouble to educate myself in all facets of it.

Seven, In poor countries, the issue is multi-faceted and cannot be solved in the same way it can in western nations. Anything I say does not address those issues.

Eight. I am only one so I cannot save the world, only the part I live in.

Nine. Every abortion kills an innocent baby.

Ten. I have my hands full dealing with the most liberal abortion law in the world where I live so we have a lot of work to do.
None of what you said counters my point that this is not a black and white issue and i totally empathize with the women in the desparate situations (and others) that I describe. Whatever stones we throw at these women, its frequently from a position thats far more advatageous then they are in. Strong statements have been made about women seeking an abortion and I for one dont countenance abortion. But equally I know my view is from a position of being in a safe and affluent country, I have a full stomach, i am fit and well, and do not have mental health issues.

Upvote 0