Visit site
✟876,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that good God-fearing women won't find themselves needing such services and that for lost women it won't make any difference in their eternal destination if they do or don't. One day, maybe they might come to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior and if that should come to pass, I trust that Jesus' death on that cross will be just as suitable for her sin as it is for mine.

It undoubtedly will be sufficient for her sin. But have you ever talked to a woman who has aborted and then suddenly came to the realization that it was not in fact a lump of cells, but a life? They can find forgiveness, but the guilt is often tremendous.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟876,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm also troubled that in these situations, the male partner seems to get away pretty scott free. My experience has been that a lot of males, certainly not all, but a lot of them get to just walk away from the situation as if there's no harm no foul.

I have seen both sides of this. The last time I went to the dentist I was sitting there minding my business when an older, blue collar, gentleman struck up a conversation. We talked about his life, about his work over the years (there were not many laboring jobs he hand't done). As we were reflecting on life we talked some about my kids. I could tell something hit him then. He said that he wanted to be a father a great deal, but it didn't work out. His wife had said she wanted to have kids, but then when she became pregnant she decided she wanted to abort. He tried to convince her otherwise, but she did it anyway.

She eventually left him. He was there waiting on his current girl friend, and they seemed happy enough. But you could tell he thought about that every day.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure. The number is of those who want to adopt and have taken steps to adopt, so they are fairly serious. What this number does tell me is that at this current time there are people who want to adopt a child, and many of the children they want to adopt will just not make it to that point.

Hi tall,

Thanks for your responses. Yes, I agree that we could certainly absorb some of the babies, but it is still troubling concerning what might happen to the rest.

But have you ever talked to a woman who has aborted and then suddenly came to the realization that it was not in fact a lump of cells, but a life? They can find forgiveness, but the guilt is often tremendous.

Yes, I agree that for some there can be some fairly profound feelings of guilt, even for some just after the procedure and even going into the procedure. However, there are other options. Except for the ones whose guilt comes long after the procedure, they should consider the other options.

He said that he wanted to be a father a great deal, but it didn't work out. His wife had said she wanted to have kids, but then when she became pregnant she decided she wanted to abort.

I'm sure the man was being genuine, but that marriage was in trouble. I also don't think that one or the other spouse of a married couple not wanting to have a baby is what's filling the waiting rooms in abortion offices.

For all of those responses, I would say that having an abortion is a personal choice. There are, and have always been, other options and for those who feel comfortable with their child being adopted, then they can put their child up for adoption after the birth. For those who are guilt ridden, then abortion is not for them either. For the husband and wife who would abort a baby because one of them is against having a baby at the time, they aren't on the same page and I'm pretty sure their marriage isn't solid.

However, I don't think that any or all of those accounts explains why 700,000 women choose to have an abortion when they find that they are pregnant. Just because the procedure is available doesn't mean that a single woman has to get one. Again, the real reason for the problem is generally the misuse of God's gift of the sexual union between a man and a woman. Although, I will admit up front that I have heard accounts of couples with more children than they can handle resorting to abortion just for family size control.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0