Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Men are way more likely to be victims of violence.

Most encounters with bears tend not to result in attacks because they happen on the verge of civilization where there are more people.

They are already wary because they are outside of their territory.

The more appropriate question for the poll would be, "If you were stuck in the middle of the forest with both a strange man and a bear - which would you choose to protect you?"

And look at you assuming my "gender".
Women will look to another woman for protection before a strange man.

Your responses regarding the bear/man hypothetical have been right in line with the majority of men who respond. The specific threat women feel in the presence of men they do not know is not an experience of men in general and thus can’t comprehend why the bear is chosen.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟198,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would argue that all that proves is that the efforts of radical feminists are effective.

The lies they perpetuate are spread by very powerful institutions who make money by manipulating women.
That makes zero sense.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟198,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Men are way more likely to be victims of violence.
By other men.
Most encounters with bears tend not to result in attacks because they happen on the verge of civilization where there are more people.

They are already wary because they are outside of their territory.
The opposite is true but ok.
The more appropriate question for the poll would be, "If you were stuck in the middle of the forest with both a strange man and a bear - which would you choose to protect you?"

That is not a “more appropriate” question, but one designed to be a compliment towards men as opposed to a statement on how women feel about safety.

That said… If that was the question, women would still choose the bear.

• Agree
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟148,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sarcasm and unwillingness to learn, introspective, or accountable noted.
There was no sarcasm. I guess you wanted a personal apology? Arrogance and condescending comments noted, My comment was meant to be about the mindset of men but it was insulting to women so I apologized to women, all women.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟198,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see no reason to believe that.

The vast majority of the women that responded did so because they have bought into a baseless feminist narrative.

And you're damn right the bear will be predictable. It will try to eat you.

I have seen tons of bears. Number of bears that have tried to eat me? Zero.

Statically 1 in 4 women will be assaulted by their male partner. 1 in 6 will be victims of SA or attempted SA. 3 in 5 have been harassed at work. 4 out of 5 have had an encounter with a man that made them feel unsafe.

If 25% of women were attacked by bears, we’d say that bears are a problem.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟198,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There was no sarcasm. I guess you wanted a personal apology? Arrogance and condescending comments noted
Interesting that you make repeated comments that I say are really rude, and you blame shift, deny, excuse, then reply with sarcasm. I reply to your sarcasm in a way that lets you know I see your unwillingness to be accountable, but that mean I’m arrogant and condescending.

This is a literal case study in why women choose the bear. You were told about problematic behavior and you not only doubled down, you lashed out. It’s a reminder that you have to be careful, you can’t tell some guys they’re crossing a line and expect they’ll stop or acknowledge their actions. And if they don’t hear this is a line, what other lines won’t they hear you say are being crossed?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟148,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting that you make repeated comments that I say are really rude, and you blame shift, deny, excuse, then reply with sarcasm. I reply to your sarcasm in a way that lets you know I see your unwillingness to be accountable, but that mean I’m arrogant and condescending.

This is a literal case study in why women choose the bear. You were told about problematic behavior and you not only doubled down, you lashed out. It’s a reminder that you have to be careful, you can’t tell some guys they’re crossing a line and expect they’ll stop or acknowledge their actions. And if they don’t hear this is a line, what other lines won’t they hear you say are being crossed?
This is a case of seeing things that are not there and no matter how much you want to be you are not my judge. You have tried to make everything about you. The apology to all women was not sarcasm and I think the best thing I can do is put you on ignore and wish you luck with the bear. Nothing I said was going to make any difference to you anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

Jesus Christ is the Eternal God
May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟3,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
Women will look to another woman for protection before a strange man.
As I am sure a man would look to another man for protection before a strange woman - or a bear.
Your responses regarding the bear/man hypothetical have been right in line with the majority of men who respond.
Then the majority of men are also correct.

Are you claiming that I am wrong because I agree with the majority of men?
The specific threat women feel in the presence of men they do not know is not an experience of men in general and thus can’t comprehend why the bear is chosen.
I don't believe you are qualified to speak on behalf of both sexes.

No data supports this type of reaction to this question.

Only ignorance and/or delusion can account for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟3,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
By other men.
Yet men would still choose the other man in the woods over the bear.

Makes you wonder if women are making their choice based on logic or delusion?

Besides - that does not change the fact that men are still way more likely to be victims of violence than women.
The opposite is true but ok.
You believe that most bear encounters happen in the middle of nowhere?

Why is that?
That is not a “more appropriate” question, but one designed to be a compliment towards men as opposed to a statement on how women feel about safety.
No - it more appropriately measures how much safer a woman would feel with a man than with a bear.

You only concluded that it somehow complimented men because you know - deep down - that the vast majority of men instinctually protect women.
That said… If that was the question, women would still choose the bear.
Only the ignorant and delusional ones.

I wonder what the spread is for this poll.

I would bet that the vast majority of women that chose the bear are aged 18-early 30s and had some college or university.

Those "uneducated" and older ladies would always choose the man - because they haven't been infected with the feminist mind virus at the indoctrination centers (aka college and university)

Satan is laughing at us.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟3,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
I have seen tons of bears. Number of bears that have tried to eat me? Zero.
You were not alone in the middle of the woods in their territory.

They must have looked so cute and harmless through your telescope.

And I know you have seen a lot more men than bears. Maybe even up close!

Out of the many thousands of men you have encountered so far - how many have tried to hurt you?
Statically 1 in 4 women will be assaulted by their male partner. 1 in 6 will be victims of SA or attempted SA. 3 in 5 have been harassed at work. 4 out of 5 have had an encounter with a man that made them feel unsafe.
Where did you find these very bogus statistics?
If 25% of women were attacked by bears, we’d say that bears are a problem.
I actually would claim that the women were the problem in that scenario.

Why are they all hanging around where the bears are?

This example does not appropriately apply to the topic at hand.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟208,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I think the your comment underestimates the danger of men. Men can be reasoned with? How many women have said “please, no, stop” to a rapist and had them reply “whoops, sorry” and stop?
I don’t recall confirmation that the man was a rapist in your hypothetical. Statistically, only 6% of men are rapists, so if I’m in woods with a man, I have a 94% chance of said man being a non-rapist.

This is also true of most dating situations, which means that, should I engage in the highly “risky” activity of conversing with a male human being, I have a 94% chance of walking away with my honor intact. Perception is not reality, and women believing stupid things isn’t an excuse for them murdering their unborn child.

Meanwhile, you don’t try to reason with rapists, you beat them in hand-to-hand combat. There’s a reason why I linked you to that video about bears. You’re in the middle of the woods - find a stick and stab the dude’s eyeballs. That doesn’t work on the bear.

And most of the sexual violence stats have to include victims of the Darfur genocide and trash places in the Middle East where women have no rights. Sure, Firdaus would chose the bear, but that’s because Firdaus would rather die than spend another day in an Egypt where prostitution is the only way to get ahead. We’re talking about abortion rights in America here. The stats also don’t talk about the numbers of stupid women who go to frat houses and get drunk, go to bars, etc - that’s just asking for trouble. I imagine that for Christian women living in the U.S., the sexual assault stats are much lower and we are in much less danger than you think we are in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟3,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
What's up with you all? Take it somewhere else or be reported. You're off top!
I apologize - I just start seeing red when it comes to certain topics.

I'll try to do better.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟198,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is a case of seeing things that are not there and no matter how much you want to be you are not my judge. You have tried to make everything about you. The apology to all women was not sarcasm and I think the best thing I can do is put you on ignore and wish you luck with the bear. Nothing I said was going to make any difference to you anyway.
Your loss. Ignoring is easier than learning and accountability for sure.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟198,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yet men would still choose the other man in the woods over the bear.
Good for them. This is a question about women.
Makes you wonder if women are making their choice based on logic or delusion?

Besides - that does not change the fact that men are still way more likely to be victims of violence than women.

You believe that most bear encounters happen in the middle of nowhere?

Why is that?

No - it more appropriately measures how much safer a woman would feel with a man than with a bear.

You only concluded that it somehow complimented men because you know - deep down - that the vast majority of men instinctually protect women.

Only the ignorant and delusional ones.

I wonder what the spread is for this poll.

I would bet that the vast majority of women that chose the bear are aged 18-early 30s and had some college or university.

Those "uneducated" and older ladies would always choose the man - because they haven't been infected with the feminist mind virus at the indoctrination centers (aka college and university)

Satan is laughing at us.
The rest of this is just nonsense. You’re more upset that women as a whole have enough interactions with men that they’re distrustful of men, especially if they are alone, than you are hearing that enough men behave so problematically that women would rather face bears alone than them. A reaction that totally reinforces why women feel like they do and why they really resent when things like medical care access becomes dictated by people who don’t have any comprehension of the female experience.

Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟198,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You were not alone in the middle of the woods in their territory.
Thank you for explaining what my experience must of been. Clearly you as somebody who doesn’t know me and isn’t with me must obviously know about me and my activities better than I do.

They must have looked so cute and harmless through your telescope.
Weird. Yesterday I was gardening at my house in the woods, with my headsets on, alone, no neighbors in miles in all directions, and I thought I saw a bear about 15 feet away. I even thought I got a picture of it (after going on my porch):

IMG_7558.png

Very glad you were able to let me know I didn’t. It’s weird thinking it happens all the time and that I get pictures of them, but then finding out I didn’t really thanks to the diligent efforts of somebody desperately mansplaining to me what I’m really experiencing.

IMG_7560.jpeg

I’m sure your defining what I must be experiencing to match your narrative and not my reality has zero to do with making it easier for you to continue to ignore the issue and self-validate why you are right and everybody else who disagrees must be wrong.

And I know you have seen a lot more men than bears. Maybe even up close!

Out of the many thousands of men you have encountered so far - how many have tried to hurt you?
Enough that me and a majority of my gender are leery of being in situations of them. Enough that I’m taught things like “don’t take drinks from strange guys,” “cover your drink in bars,” “don’t walk alone at night in strange areas,” “on a first date, go somewhere public and don’t let him pick you up at home.” Enough that I see code words for women who need help to say to bartenders in the bathroom of Chilis. Enough that I have to teach my sons “when a guy says a girl is asking for something because of how she’s dressed, he’s the issue and not her, and you avoid those men too.”

Ironically, that one is delivered a lot by the men who also cry and sob over transgender women being in women’s bathroom and how that level of danger is so high, we need to legislate something to protect women asap. Because apparently that’s unconscionably dangerous.

Where did you find these very bogus statistics?
The US government’s crime data sheets.
I actually would claim that the women were the problem in that scenario.
Why are they all hanging around where the bears are?

This example does not appropriately apply to the topic at hand.
Of course it does. Blame the women. Blame the bear. Never blame the guy. Male chauvinism is alive and well, and bitterly defend why they are committed to being a part of the problem. And it’s why women choose the bear.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟3,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
Good for them. This is a question about women.

The rest of this is just nonsense. You’re more upset that women as a whole have enough interactions with men that they’re distrustful of men, especially if they are alone, than you are hearing that enough men behave so problematically that women would rather face bears alone than them. A reaction that totally reinforces why women feel like they do and why they really resent when things like medical care access becomes dictated by people who don’t have any comprehension of the female experience.
We all got called out for being way off topic.

If you want to continue this discussion, make a thread and send me the link.

Upvote 0