Austin
✟30,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This logic doesn't make any sense. If I die, and the child cannot live apart from me, the child dies too. I'm sacrificing my life for nothing. And if the child can live apart from me, just induce labor and give birth to the child if it's a health hazard to my existence. Get the child out of my body and try to save both of us.

Modern medical technology rarely makes it so women have to sacrifice their lives for their babies. We will live and die together.
You are absolutely correct. I repent in sackcloth and ashes. Kind of a relief, actually.

• Friendly
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟30,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I voted for the mother's life and saving the life/babies option. I'm not sure what I would do in the "kill one twin to save the other" scenario, but I'm not going to judge people who had to make that decision. Obviously I would want to save them both, but if it's not possible, yeah.

This logic doesn't make any sense. If I die, and the child cannot live apart from me, the child dies too. I'm sacrificing my life for nothing. And if the child can live apart from me, just induce labor and give birth to the child if it's a health hazard to my existence. Get the child out of my body and try to save both of us.

Modern medical technology rarely makes it so women have to sacrifice their lives for their babies. We will live and die together.

I really think that these comments underestimate the dangers of bears. Men can be reasoned with and strategized around, while bears will just maul you and kill you. The fact that women will choose certain death over trying to build a relationship with a man really shows how much society has deteriorated.

**Staff edit**

I think I know enough martial arts to say that I like my odds of beating a man in a fight than a beating a bear in one.
Comedic interlude...

And... resume.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟396,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't have one and I can't make that decision for another.
It's up to them to decide what they think.
Though if they're going to have one I'd rather it be in a controlled environment than a back alley..

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

Jesus Christ is the Eternal God
May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟3,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
The overarching theme in that article is still about reducing the need for abortion through by addressing why women seek them.
The theme of the article is irrelevant.

You are now aware of the "Safe, Legal and Rare" slogan - correct?

That was the point of sharing the article.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟3,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
Yes, "safe, legal, rare" was a phrase that came along Bill Clinton around 1992. It was long after abortion was made legal in the US due to Roe v. Wade. The phrase was part of a goal by Democrats at the time to make abortions less commonplace. Increase sex education, make standard birth control methods more accessible, etc, to reduce unwanted pregnancies in the first place. The phrase wasn't meant to say that abortion wasn't being used as a form of birth control.
Look who knows how to use Google. It only took you a few decades.

Yet - you still don't understand that the term "birth control" refers to methods of preventing pregnancy - not terminating pregnancies that already exist.

You have already admitted that you weren't paying attention for 30+ years - its time to throw in the towel.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟919,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The theme of the article is irrelevant.

You are now aware of the "Safe, Legal and Rare" slogan - correct?

That was the point of sharing the article.
I’ve been aware for a very long time.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟919,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yet - you still don't understand that the term "birth control" refers to methods of preventing pregnancy - not terminating pregnancies that already exist.

You have already admitted that you weren't paying attention for 30+ years - its time to throw in the towel.
Contraception is the term specifically for preventing conception. Birth control is a much wider umbrella concerning the ability of women to control when and how often she gives birth. Abortion, where it is legal, falls under that umbrella.

• Agree
Reactions: Yttrium
Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟3,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
Contraception is the term specifically for preventing conception. Birth control is a much wider umbrella concerning the ability of women to control when and how often she gives birth. Abortion, where it is legal, falls under that umbrella.
Contraception and birth control are synonymous.

Thank you for proving my point though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟919,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Really? After you claimed to miss all the abortion marketing over the past fifty years.
I don’t see that as marketing. Was the intention of that slogan to sell more abortions? No.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟249,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
No need to Google that stuff. And insults are inappropriate.
Yes, I still don't understand your personal definition of the term. Terminating a pregnancy is unfortunately often used as a form of birth control.
Intentionally misrepresenting what others say doesn't help your arguments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟3,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
No need to Google that stuff.
You claimed to not know that pro-abortion advocates argued that abortion was not birth control and that one of their slogans was, "Safe, Legal and Rare".
And insults are inappropriate.
What insult?
Yes, I still don't understand your personal definition of the term.
It is not my personal definition.
Terminating a pregnancy is unfortunately often used as a form of birth control.
Within this context - that would murder - not birth control.

The term "birth control" is synonymous with "contraception".

Contraception comes from the Latin, and it can mean "against conception".

Contraception and birth control are means to prevent pregnancy - not murder an unborn child.
Intentionally misrepresenting what others say doesn't help your arguments.
I don't believe that I have done that.

Upvote 0