United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Weasel words are their friends!
Well I'm pretty much a straight up kind of gal. I've never been one to tip toe around important issues such as titles & words. I find it exhausting & silly in these sort of cases.

Upvote 0

b.hopeful

Sharp as a razor, soft as a prayer
Jul 17, 2009
St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So is it ok to call catholics "mary worshipers" and then say , well...I don't mince words? Of course not...at least, not if one is treating others with the respect they would like to receive. People that aren't catholic don't understand the role of Mary in catholicism..and mistake it for a sort of idol worship. It's not evil, it's ignorance. So perhaps you can just think that all the prochoicers are just woefully ignorant about the "truth" you have that a person is a person no matter how small and find a way to treat them with the respect you yourselves would like.

Upvote 0
All due respect, that was a truly odd analogy. Personally I don't care what anyone calls me, and to even make the jump from Murder to Mary is just bizarre on it's face.

And I for one don't see why we would always want to be civil. There is time for civility and time for telling it like it is, and to hell with people's "feelings".

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So is it ok to call catholics "mary worshipers" and then say , well...I don't mince words? Of course not...at least, not if one is treating others with the respect they would like to receive. People that aren't catholic don't understand the role of Mary in catholicism..and mistake it for a sort of idol worship. It's not evil, it's ignorance. So perhaps you can just think that all the prochoicers are just woefully ignorant about the "truth" you have that a person is a person no matter how small and find a way to treat them with the respect you yourselves would like.
The only problem with that scenerio is that abortionists do indeed kill babies.

It's not theology.

Reactions: Kid Fish
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All due respect, that was a truly odd analogy. Personally I don't care what anyone calls me, and to even make the jump from Murder to Mary is just bizarre on it's face.

And I for one don't see why we would always want to be civil. There is time for civility and time for telling it like it is, and to hell with people's "feelings".
Definitely a bizarre analogy. I mean, c'mon.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.