Not open for further replies.

G1000

Nov 5, 2009
✟7,665.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Im sure this has been brought up before, but these are just a couple things that have been bothering me over the past couple years. I am Catholic and go to Church every weekend so its not that im trying to bash anyones faith, I just have some gray areas that bother me.

First, I find it disturbing to see protesters holding large pictures of dead babies on the side of the road.. For me? doesn't matter, Ive unfortunately seen worse, but to see familys and children drive by these areas, I just feel it sets off a wrong attitude. And in doing this, I feel that this alone is enough to drive parents who are on the edge of their faith off the cliff.

Also, on a similar note, I many times think that it would be better if all these thousands of protesters would put their time and effort into rehab centers that could focus on helping woman cope with raising a new child. This is the kind of thing that I think could change lives and have an impact on the number of abortions. From my point of view, I cant see anyone who is about to have an abortion changing their mind over these sometimes angry and aggressive protesters. All I see this doing is driving off young women from the faith. I also realize most of these protests are aimed at the politicians who can change the rules. But you have to remember, the supreme court vowed to never take back a ruling.. To change the rules of abortion back just doesn't seem that logical to a court who would be breaking their own rules in front of the U.S.

Finally, I find it extremely distasteful to hear fellow Catholics bash the current President of the United States over his Democratic standing. First of all, President Bush had eight years in office to do what he promised on the level of abortion and we are still in the same boat. Like most problems, there is no on and off switch, and even if McCain had office, his powers on the subject would be extremely limited no matter what his stand was. To be honest, anyone can say they are against abortion, im against abortion and what can I do about it? I don't expect anyone to vote for me because of my view on the subject, but yet it seems alot of Catholics and Christians in general bypass every other subject and vote for the one who says he is against abortion.. I feel like we would just as well let the world destroy itself and let millions hunger and die just to pick someone who stands against the brick wall of abortion. And its not that im an African American or some hardcore Democrat.. I try my best to stay optimized and hear from both sides of the action.. And more recently things have gone out of proportion with President Obama as I have heard alot of racial discrimination from the Christian community. I find it very sad that this is what it comes to. To where we cannot stand up and follow and respect our leaders as God has told us to do. I know I for one may not agree with every president in the U.S. but no matter what, Im going to respect him as the president and as a leader. If things don't go the way I voted, Im going to move on and stand behind the new president as a president. To shoot down your own chief is just total lack of respect, no matter what he has done or will do. I believe God will deal with any wrong those in charge commit, and just by His words in scripture, I know he wants us to get past our problems and unite under those who have taken the duty of running our nation.

Id appreciate your opinion on the matter, and don't take me wrong. Abortion is something I wish I could stop also, I just think there are more effect ways of doing so.

helenofbritain

St Mary MacKillop of the Cross, pray for us
Oct 24, 2006
Canberra
✟21,561.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Having said that, never underestimate the power of prayer.

Protesting often bring things to peoples' attentions - but there are ways and means, and traumatising small children who are driving past probably isn't one of those ways. Wearing a "choose life" t-shirt with one of those amazing in-womb photos of a LIVe baby on the other hand, is another thing.

Voting - I don't envy you Americans your system.

Action is a Good Plan. Helping is a Good Plan. Have a look at this thread for a similar theme.

Upvote 0

G1000

Nov 5, 2009
✟7,665.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Popcorn!

Brace yourself G. You're about to get jumped on by most people here, and respected by some, and then you'll get called a cafeteria catholic, and it'll be on for young and old.

Well I just hope I get intelligent replys and not a pointless bash that will help no one. And Cafeteria Catholic.. Well not sure how that one goes.. I certainly don't believe in abortion and I just feel there is lack in respecting leaders.. If anything, maybe its those who choose to respect only some in charge that should be called cafeteria Catholics.. Regardless, I hope everyones response brings a brighter light on the subject. No need for an out of hand argument though.

Upvote 0

helenofbritain

St Mary MacKillop of the Cross, pray for us
Oct 24, 2006
Canberra
✟21,561.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trust me - you can bring up "voting" and "protesting" and "abortion" in OBOB without all heck breaking loose.

But hopefully they will surprise me this time...

Also, I'm not saying you're any of those things - just that that is what will most likely happen. Years of experience tell me this.

Upvote 0
S

Steve "Sonic" Smith

Im sure this has been brought up before, but these are just a couple things that have been bothering me over the past couple years. I am Catholic and go to Church every weekend so its not that im trying to bash anyones faith, I just have some gray areas that bother me.

First, I find it disturbing to see protesters holding large pictures of dead babies on the side of the road.. For me? doesn't matter, Ive unfortunately seen worse, but to see familys and children drive by these areas, I just feel it sets off a wrong attitude. And in doing this, I feel that this alone is enough to drive parents who are on the edge of their faith off the cliff.

Also, on a similar note, I many times think that it would be better if all these thousands of protesters would put their time and effort into rehab centers that could focus on helping woman cope with raising a new child. This is the kind of thing that I think could change lives and have an impact on the number of abortions. From my point of view, I cant see anyone who is about to have an abortion changing their mind over these sometimes angry and aggressive protesters. All I see this doing is driving off young women from the faith. I also realize most of these protests are aimed at the politicians who can change the rules. But you have to remember, the supreme court vowed to never take back a ruling.. To change the rules of abortion back just doesn't seem that logical to a court who would be breaking their own rules in front of the U.S.

Finally, I find it extremely distasteful to hear fellow Catholics bash the current President of the United States over his Democratic standing. First of all, President Bush had eight years in office to do what he promised on the level of abortion and we are still in the same boat. Like most problems, there is no on and off switch, and even if McCain had office, his powers on the subject would be extremely limited no matter what his stand was. To be honest, anyone can say they are against abortion, im against abortion and what can I do about it? I don't expect anyone to vote for me because of my view on the subject, but yet it seems alot of Catholics and Christians in general bypass every other subject and vote for the one who says he is against abortion.. I feel like we would just as well let the world destroy itself and let millions hunger and die just to pick someone who stands against the brick wall of abortion. And its not that im an African American or some hardcore Democrat.. I try my best to stay optimized and hear from both sides of the action.. And more recently things have gone out of proportion with President Obama as I have heard alot of racial discrimination from the Christian community. I find it very sad that this is what it comes to. To where we cannot stand up and follow and respect our leaders as God has told us to do. I know I for one may not agree with every president in the U.S. but no matter what, Im going to respect him as the president and as a leader. If things don't go the way I voted, Im going to move on and stand behind the new president as a president. To shoot down your own chief is just total lack of respect, no matter what he has done or will do. I believe God will deal with any wrong those in charge commit, and just by His words in scripture, I know he wants us to get past our problems and unite under those who have taken the duty of running our nation.

Id appreciate your opinion on the matter, and don't take me wrong. Abortion is something I wish I could stop also, I just think there are more effect ways of doing so.

You make perfect sense.

So, of course, no one will listen.

The "Culture of Death" is the CULTURE of death. Its a holistic thing.

Yet, the anti-abortionists want to treat a symptom and somehow believe the disease will cure itself afterward.

You want to end abortion ?

Work for a holistically better society.

But that would cost money, and increase taxes.

And the common theme among many of your anti-abortion types is that the kid is your problem and you should deal with it.

So,

the disease marches merrily on.

Reactions: b.hopeful
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Finally, I find it extremely distasteful to hear fellow Catholics bash the current President of the United States over his Democratic standing. First of all, President Bush had eight years in office to do what he promised on the level of abortion and we are still in the same boat. Like most problems, there is no on and off switch,
I am not a fan of Mr.Obama, he is not agianst abortion, he supports the idea that women have a legal right to kill their own children before they are born, why bring up the last President? he is gone now and he did a lot of stuff wrong too, but for good or bad, he is still gone, it sounds like a weak argument to just point to the last guy, we have to judge Mr.Obama on his own merits, does he respect life or does he walk in the ways of evil?

Upvote 0

Pipkin

Nov 17, 2009
✟7,626.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi G,

Fr Frank Pavone of Priests for Life has written a good article on why we should use the images of abortion in order to fight it. You can read the full thing at the website. Here's just an excerpt:

1) The word abortion has lost practically all its meaning. Not even the most vivid description, in words alone, can adequately convey the horror of this act of violence. Abortion is sugar-coated by rhetoric which hides its gruesome nature. The procedure is never shown in the media. Too many people remain either in ignorance or denial about it, and hence too few are moved to do something to stop it. Graphic images are needed. A picture is worth a thousand words -- and in this battle, it can be worth many lives as well.

2) Graphic images of abortion have saved lives. One example is a letter I have from Violet Sherringford of New Jersey, who went to an abortion facility and found pro-life protesters there. "The posters they displayed, though very graphic, did succeed in bringing me back to reality and in conveying the horrible mutilation and dismemberment inflicted on the unborn child.... I decided to have the baby. It was the best decision I ever will make."

5) I too am concerned about little children who see graphic images. I am also concerned about the littler children those images depict. The key factor that will make the difference in how children react to seeing anything disturbing is the role of their parents, who are present in a loving and comforting way, answering their questions and calming their fears. But to say that the presence of children in a neighborhood forbids the use of graphic images leads to an absurd conclusion, for what neighborhoods have no children? Is free speech to be limited to adult-only communities? And even then, what is to be done for the adults who complain?

I'm only new here so I am unable to post links, but all the resources are available on the Priests for life website.

Pipkin

PS Another excellent site is abort73 dot com.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I find it ironic how distasteful some find criticizing the president over his democratic standing yet found no issue with it with our past president & his republican standing.

Every public figure knows, especially politicians, that criticisim comes with the job.

All the talking heads would be out of work.

Plus, free speech is what it is.

Obama is not off limits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

G1000

Nov 5, 2009
✟7,665.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I am not a fan of Mr.Obama, he is not agianst abortion, he supports the idea that women have a legal right to kill their own children before they are born, why bring up the last President? he is gone now and he did a lot of stuff wrong too, but for good or bad, he is still gone, it sounds like a weak argument to just point to the last guy, we have to judge Mr.Obama on his own merits, does he respect life or does he walk in the ways of evil?

I think you got the wrong idea of what I was trying to say.. I probably didnt write it out in the best form either.. Its not that I support abortion or support a president for supporting abortion, its that im not going to pick a football player to pitch for the Yankees.. There are numerous issues in the world that can be solved, and there is abortion.. Abortion needs to be solved in our own communities.. Familys need to take that job over and back up their children and give them that firm wall they need to feel confident in raising a child.. Those who do not have close parents need to be helped by friends or community groups and church congregations. And president Bush can be in or out of the picture.. I stood behind him during his run even though I didnt agree with every decision.. But yet with Obama, I see people who treat him as satan over a single issue that he couldnt solve if he wanted.. And yes, im going to bring up the last president because he is a perfect example.. Christians went hay wire over him because he said the word abortion and nada.. Same boat..

So to summarize, no, I do not share Obama's beliefs on abortion, but I share common beliefs in other areas and because abortion + president = 0 to me, that weighed 0 when I went to vote. Im not going let other world problems down to vote for someone who just believes in something different. And I quite frankly don't think God himself would either..

If someone could and would do something about it? Yep, tell me the name and ill write it down next election.

Hi G,

Fr Frank Pavone of Priests for Life has written a good article on why we should use the images of abortion in order to fight it. You can read the full thing at the website. Here's just an excerpt:

I'm only new here so I am unable to post links, but all the resources are available on the Priests for life website.

Pipkin

PS Another excellent site is abort73 dot com.

Definately good material.. But again, I am not in the slightest bit behind abortion.. Its just how we Christians approach the issue.

I find it ironic how distasteful some find criticizing the president over his democratic standing yet found no issue with it with our past president & his republican standing.

Every public figure knows, especially politicians, that criticisim comes with the job.

All the talking heads would be out of work.

Plus, free speech is what it is.

Obama is not off limits.

Well to be honest, I find it ironic and distasteful when I walk in with a group of church going parishioners and hear talk regarding the color of his skin. And no they are not praising it..

See, if people could criticize in a fair and civilized manner things would be ok.. But when it goes to new extremes things bother me.. Why his color has to do with anything is beyond me.. Hes a president, a human, and our leader whether we like it or not.

And what does politicians knowing about criticism have to do with anything? Are you saying that because I know I was born with sin I should go out and sin? Maybe we as Christians should take it upon ourselves to show some constructive support, and when things don't go the way we want, constructive criticism. But like I said, the talk I hear from fellow Christians usually isnt regarding abortion in the first place, its usually going way too personal to the point where If i was a non-believer I would be majorly turned off. I think Christians have gone overboard with what started as an abortion issue but now it seems every Democratic president is labeled with this bad boy sign.. Hurry lets all stone him to death till he turns on anti-abortion with that switch we know he must have.. Meanwhile your next door neighbor just found out shes pregnant and is going to have an abortion because theres no one around to lend her support..

People need to open their eyes a little..

Upvote 0
As far as the issues people have with Obama, there is a vast difference between racists spouting hatred, and genuinely concerned pro life advocates who know the man's record and stance on the issue is abominable.

Obama, the narcissist progressive, is the one who "didn't want his daughter PUNISHED with a baby". Blaming Bush for no movement on the issue legally is just silly. What power did he have to overturn the supreme court? No defense of Bush on other matters as I think he was a mediocre leader on everything but terrorism.

Obama on abortion is - anytime, anyplace, any age, any race.

Upvote 0

G1000

Nov 5, 2009
✟7,665.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
As far as the issues people have with Obama, there is a vast difference between racists spouting hatred, and genuinely concerned pro life advocates who know the man's record and stance on the issue is abominable.

Thats the problem.. Church goers who have Anti-abortion stickers on their cars are turning racist and turning into whatever they can to hate the man more.. I no longer see people hating his one belief.. they take one issue and blow him up over it spewing unimaginable hate in public.. Its just a major turn off even for me and im a Catholic myself. Theres a way to dislike the mans beliefs and theres hate beyond the subject..

Obama, the narcissist progressive, is the one who "didn't want his daughter PUNISHED with a baby". Blaming Bush for no movement on the issue legally is just silly. What power did he have to overturn the supreme court? No defense of Bush on other matters as I think he was a mediocre leader on everything but terrorism.

Obama on abortion is - anytime, anyplace, any age, any race.

Well I never have and never will agree with Obama's beliefs and views on abortion. I think he has issues in that area no doubt, but every human has some issue.. Where we lack in areas, we grow in others, and in areas beyond abortion I believe he has a good heart. But regardless, that mind set of his will never be on my level.. And no, im not trying to blame Bush.. Im blaming the people who voted for him with ONE reason in mind.. All the many people who heard the word abortion in his debate and thought he was the golden key. And if he had no power, why did people vote for him over that one issue, and why are people still voting for people based on that one issue?? I cant say anyone else would have done a better job in office and I never look back and say this or that could have been, but It strikes me silly time and time again to see how people vote for this issue and just sit down and wait.. Then when you don't get your way you spend all your time bashing the current president when their are girls in your same community preparing for abortion.. Where are people to help then? Is bashing the current president going to help anything? No. Would McCain had the magic switch? No.. So maybe we should stick politics out of the issue for a while and try and help people out ourselves.

Everyone that I hear go on about this issue in a political fashion just appears blind to me.. Hypocrites really.. No one will actually help the people about to have an abortion, but we sure will blame the next guy for not helping on the issue.. (aka the President)

Upvote 0
There is a large difference in voting for a man who is pro life and can't do anything substantive to change the abortion law, and voting for a man who is profoundly indifferent as to the rights of an unborn child. I personally never vote the issue unless all other things are equal between the candidates.

Much of the disgust you are hearing voiced on Obama is simply his inability to look beyond his uptrnned nose, and unwillingness to look past his own glorious reflection. He is a ZERO with an EGO and many of us are disgusted by him in general.

And you can't separate abortion from politics, because the issue has become wholly political. How otherwise could the issue remain as it stands legally? It makes no sense logically.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*snip*
Well to be honest, I find it ironic and distasteful when I walk in with a group of church going parishioners and hear talk regarding the color of his skin. And no they are not praising it..
I don't know who you are hanging out with or the Church you go to. But ther color of Obama's skin is a nonissue.

See, if people could criticize in a fair and civilized manner things would be ok.. But when it goes to new extremes things bother me.. Why his color has to do with anything is beyond me.. Hes a president, a human, and our leader whether we like it or not.

Well, if it's his skin color everyone is worried about I think there are more important issues to consider. Like the agendas he pushes. Personally, I'm skeptical of people crying racism. Yes, racism exists but I think people are clouding the issue of racism with simple disagreement of the man's policies. This is America folks. presidents have never been exempt from criticism & the fact that Obama is 1/2 black really has nothing to do with it.

And what does politicians knowing about criticism have to do with anything? Are you saying that because I know I was born with sin I should go out and sin? Maybe we as Christians should take it upon ourselves to show some constructive support, and when things don't go the way we want, constructive criticism. But like I said, the talk I hear from fellow Christians usually isnt regarding abortion in the first place, its usually going way too personal to the point where If i was a non-believer I would be majorly turned off. I think Christians have gone overboard with what started as an abortion issue but now it seems every Democratic president is labeled with this bad boy sign.. Hurry lets all stone him to death till he turns on anti-abortion with that switch we know he must have.. Meanwhile your next door neighbor just found out shes pregnant and is going to have an abortion because theres no one around to lend her support..

People need to open their eyes a little..
No every democrat is not labeled with a bad boy sign. Prolife democrats get a lot of support when they show up. Problem is they are few & far between. It is not about political parties or skin color. It's about the issues.

This being America, we are allowed to voice our disapproval.

It's the way things work here in America.

We are not under a system that does not allow criticism of our leaders.

Thank God.

As far as pregnant women & support... there are lots of resources for support of keeping your baby or carrying it to term. I'm not foreign to the issue of abortion in a personal way so people that lay that scenerio on as a closing line for the reason of abortion really just goes nowhere with me. Sorry. I think the issues goes a little deeper than that from what I've seen & experienced.

Reactions: EDB
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Foundthelight

St. Peter's R.C. Church, Delhi, NY
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2003
Central New York
Visit site
✟26,728.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Our television shows and movies show gratuitous sex as being the norm and rarely show a commitment in a relationship prior to sex. Our children are being exposed and indoctrinated with this concept. So long as this is shown as normal behavior there will be unwanted pregnancies and abortions.

Nuff said.

Upvote 0
L

LilyLayola

I agree 100%... great post and I post as someone with the luxury of universal health care....How many women have abortions now because of serious financial problems and lack of health insurance? If you want to cut abortion, you need to address the reasons why women take that options, without judging and condemning them or assuming they are worthless because they had sex....Standing and protesting is not offering practical help to a woman who is making that choice because she honestly can't see any other way because she and her family are losing their home. The protestors would do more good doing something about the children that are living.. sometimes it appears they care more about the unborn as they don't seem to care about children being slaughtered everyday by US bombing raids or who have no health insurance or those that are dying because their parents can't afford to feed them...any one who does something about those problems is a screaming socialist.....even if The Pope himself addresses the issues...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,100,497.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Much of the disgust you are hearing voiced on Obama is simply his inability to look beyond his uptrnned nose, and unwillingness to look past his own glorious reflection. He is a ZERO with an EGO and many of us are disgusted by him in general.

And I am disgusted with the biased news sources that fuel hatred and name-calling by focusing on sensationalism and personalities instead of issues.
(Please note the plural.)

Upvote 0

G1000

Nov 5, 2009
✟7,665.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There is a large difference in voting for a man who is pro life and can't do anything substantive to change the abortion law, and voting for a man who is profoundly indifferent as to the rights of an unborn child. I personally never vote the issue unless all other things are equal between the candidates.

First of all, I do happen to have a functioning brain.. I think I know what the people around me are complaining about.. Not a wild guess.
Everyone I have discussed the issue with has openly admitted abortion is their reason for vote and the reason they will be republican the rest of their lives. When told that the president doesn't have that choice, most tell me they know that, but they still will always vote for the pro-life card regardless. I think we are just asking for trouble by sticking on these blinders that black out all other world issues.. Its not a very responsible approach to voting either.

The upturned nose, and ego are problems YOU have with him.. And obviously you can have your opinion, but sadly I see alot of people getting so stirred up over abortion that they build up this hate that just spills over every aspect of the president. That is what gets me.. I voted for Obama, but when he makes a mistake I can openly admit it.. But most of these high and mighty Christians wont dare admit when their candidate makes a boo-boo.. Thats pure stubbornness, and your only lying to yourself and others around you.

Code:
And you can't separate abortion from politics, because the issue has become wholly political. How otherwise could the issue remain as it stands legally? It makes no sense logically.
You can separate the two, but no one ever will because they want someone else to just make it stop rather than actually helping.
The issue will stand in paper because it once was a legal issue and is now a concrete choice of the past.

I don't know who you are hanging out with or the Church you go to. But ther color of Obama's skin is a nonissue.

Well, if it's his skin color everyone is worried about I think there are more important issues to consider. Like the agendas he pushes. Personally, I'm skeptical of people crying racism. Yes, racism exists but I think people are clouding the issue of racism with simple disagreement of the man's policies. This is America folks. presidents have never been exempt from criticism & the fact that Obama is 1/2 black really has nothing to do with it.

Skeptical or not caring? Don't get the two confused..
A member of my family was receiving email after email of fake information, and totally out of the picture rumors after he was first elected.. These were all members of a church who go to daily mass and claim to be a God loving human.. Saying that he is a terrorist, saying that he isnt black enough to be the first black president.. All of which don't even need to be discussed.. Is Obama not being black enough really an issue? Is Obama originating from a terrorist group a good rumor to spread to fellow Christians? All that is, is hateful people wanting to demean a man because of their dislike for him.. And I can't even discuss with you in general im sure because your probably one of em with the blinders on.

No every democrat is not labeled with a bad boy sign. Prolife democrats get a lot of support when they show up. Problem is they are few & far between. It is not about political parties or skin color. It's about the issues.

Exactly.. Exactly... No one is hating on democrat candidates if they are pro-life.. So what does that tell you? Maybe some of this hate is originating from his views on abortion and expanding into other areas?? Because lets face it, If you don't like someone, you probably wont be seeing all of the persons possitive moments as clearly as the screw-ups.. I see this happening with Christians and Democratic candidates. Starts with not liking the person over a belief and then overflows into every flaw you can find..

This being America, we are allowed to voice our disapproval.

It's the way things work here in America.

We are not under a system that does not allow criticism of our leaders.

Thank God.

Well this being America, I can go legally buy a gun and shoot up a mall..

Its the way things work here in America..

You wanna thank God for that one also? Or is it only the laws that work for you?

As far as pregnant women & support... there are lots of resources for support of keeping your baby or carrying it to term. I'm not foreign to the issue of abortion in a personal way so people that lay that scenerio on as a closing line for the reason of abortion really just goes nowhere with me. Sorry. I think the issues goes a little deeper than that from what I've seen & experienced.

Feel free to voice your experience as id love to hear. Im pretty confident that a young woman is going to be ALOT more likely to have an abortion when they have no parents backing them and no support to lean on.. When you don't have that wall behind you supporting, depression sets in, and when depression sets in everything is dark, and abortion blends in.

And I know this from personal experience also.. Depression can make the worst crimes and choices seem ok when your in it, and abortion is no exception. On the upside, some solid support can bring someone out of that depression and let them see the issue in a much clearer sense.

And if support isnt going to help, what will stop them from going downtown to an underground doctor willing to do the abortion after pro-abortion laws are changed.

Our television shows and movies show gratuitous sex as being the norm and rarely show a commitment in a relationship prior to sex. Our children are being exposed and indoctrinated with this concept. So long as this is shown as normal behavior there will be unwanted pregnancies and abortions.

Nuff said.

Thats another issue that I doubt will ever change for the better unfortunately.. But current day media does set some bad influences, and even worse is when parents allow the children to participate in these R rated movies.. Im seeing this way too much, where parents just think its ok to let their children watch watever they want.. Its not like 40 years ago when ratings didnt mean much and movies rarely got that raw. Todays R rated movies aren't meant to be digested by un-matured minds.. But at the same time, they arent claiming to be.. R means 18+ so when a parent allows the child to watch, you cant blame the movie studio.. (not that R is good for anyone, its just especially not good for underaged viewers)

But I agree 100% and public TV is making its way up the ladder to unnecessary and non-filtered examples of life.

I agree 100%... great post and I post as someone with the luxury of universal health care....How many women have abortions now because of serious financial problems and lack of health insurance? If you want to cut abortion, you need to address the reasons why women take that options, without judging and condemning them or assuming they are worthless because they had sex....Standing and protesting is not offering practical help to a woman who is making that choice because she honestly can't see any other way because she and her family are losing their home. The protestors would do more good doing something about the children that are living.. sometimes it appears they care more about the unborn as they don't seem to care about children being slaughtered everyday by US bombing raids or who have no health insurance or those that are dying because their parents can't afford to feed them...any one who does something about those problems is a screaming socialist.....even if The Pope himself addresses the issues...

I cant say it better lol.. Money is certainly another issue involved and sex does not equal abortion.. To be honest, I think it would be a better idea to tackle the situation early with pills that will prevent an abortion situation. But the choice isnt an easy one to make and it usually takes up to the time of birth/abortion to make the decision unfortunately. The protesting still bothers me.. Just like you said about the family losing a home or going bankrupt, I guarantee that exact situation could be found in each of our communities. Meanwhile we stand around holding signs and spitting on the woman after they make the choice.. Still just holding signs and bashing the politicians for not flipping the locked switch..

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You think every person that gets an abortion is a young woman?

I don't know what to tell you pal. I don't need anyone lecturing me on the effects of abortion & I sure as hell am not going to post anything personal on a messageboard concerning this.

People disagree.

I'll say it again, just because BO is black is no reason to exclude him from the criticism every president before him has endured. It has nothing to do with him being black. I think that is ludicrious & very far reaching. Just the way things are. Get used to it.

Gotta go unthaw some Fish for lunch tomorrow. :wave:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.