Veteran
Jun 24, 2007
North of Houston
✟19,404.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzhl-endvco

wow. And this is Obama's spiritual leader? The pastor of the church he has attended for 20 years? The place where he got married and had his kids baptized? With this type of preaching, I can see why this is the first time Michelle Obama is proud of her country. I can't help but wonder what this is going to do in regards to Obama mania.

Reactions: MrJim

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Fox News had a round-table on the issue of how much influence Wright has had on Obama and his wife. They reached the same conclusion as you, that this would explain why Michelle Obama suddenly, for the "first time in my life" feels proud of America. After hearing messages like ...

"God d--- America ..."
"America brought the 9/11 attacks on herself ..."
"The USKKK of A ..."

... for all those years (it's in the video, folks) I'd guess when her husband is suddenly one of only three who can become president, she'd feel some pride. How much of that would we hear from an Obama presidency? What do we really know about Obama? As far as I'm concerned, not enough, particularly since the only statements the senator has made since Wright became an issue out of his past are supportive and dismissive. These comments need to be rejected, and condemned, not "dismissed."

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Can you guys make up your mind? Is Obama a Muslim or part of a Christian church who had a racist pastor? ^_^
Spreading left-wing propaganda about what conservatives believe is unproductive and leads people to wonder how well informed you are. Despite what you've read, been led to believe, or think you know, no one ever said definitively "Obama's a muslim." Put on a turban and a kafka, get a picture of it published on the web and see what they say about you.

Racist and Christian, by the way, are mutually exclusive. Just because racists of any color claim to be Christian does not mean that they are.

Reactions: Hackett
Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Can you guys make up your mind? Is Obama a Muslim or part of a Christian church who had a racist pastor? ^_^
Any person who claimed Obama is a Muslim here at CF has been swiftly discredited. A couple of times it was me that got to do the honors.

My opposition to Obama is not based on lies. And I will not support someone who uses that tactic.

Upvote 0

LonesomeTexan

Veteran
Jun 24, 2007
North of Houston
✟19,404.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
judging by his pastor's sermons, I can see why Obama struggles with issues of integrity, such as his involvement with Rezko, and his failure to support the born alive infant protection act. Hillary will not be denied her nomination. The media is now coming into grips that they have to start scrutinizing Obama, since the SNL skit ripped them open.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LonesomeTexan

Veteran
Jun 24, 2007
North of Houston
✟19,404.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
It's times like this were I really just want to ship people who preach this message and believe it sincerely back to Africa. If you really hate America so much, I'd be glad pay your ticket out of here. That goes for any person of any color as well that hates America. Take action and leave instead of whining about how evil our country is.

Upvote 0

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Spreading left-wing propaganda about what conservatives believe is unproductive and leads people to wonder how well informed you are. Despite what you've read, been led to believe, or think you know, no one ever said definitively "Obama's a muslim." Put on a turban and a kafka, get a picture of it published on the web and see what they say about you.

Racist and Christian, by the way, are mutually exclusive. Just because racists of any color claim to be Christian does not mean that they are.

Any person who claimed Obama is a Muslim here at CF has been swiftly discredited. A couple of times it was me that got to do the honors.

My opposition to Obama is not based on lies. And I will not support someone who uses that tactic.

The world is a lot bigger than CF, and there are many who believe and continue to believe Obama is a muslim terrorist no matter how many times they've been corrected, and I'm sure many of them remain on CF, even if you have done the honors of correcting them. Did they actually admit they were wrong?

It doesn't matter if you're enlightened enough. The fact is that there are still many people, conservatives or not, out there who completely buy into that. And it is to them that my question is directed towards.

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The world is a lot bigger than CF, and there are many who believe and continue to believe Obama is a muslim terrorist no matter how many times they've been corrected
You're not going to control what people think. That's the basic thing about thoughts, they aren't under anyone's control except that of the thinker.
The fact is that there are still many people, conservatives or not, out there who completely buy into that. And it is to them that my question is directed towards.
All well and good, but the issue of this thread is Obama's apparently racist pastor, not Obama's ties, or lack thereof, to Islam. Please stay on point.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This is too hot a topic to stay in N&CE,
Presidential issues need to be in politics.

I heard a "sermon" on Hannity yesterday. Nothing but how the poor black people versus abusive rich white people.
The sermon revolves around race, rather then Jesus.

I do wonder how 2 lawyers making large amounts of money can complain about not being treated fairly.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
06obama_lg.jpg

"Obama says that rather than advising him on strategy, Wright helps keep his priorities straight and his moral compass calibrated."--Chicago Tribune Jan. 21, 2007

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Hmm. Messages that include "God d--- America ..." keep one's moral compass straight? Most be one messed-up compass!
only if u are from the "america, love it or leave it" camp and don't think it should be called out when it is in errror.

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
only if u are from the "america, love it or leave it" camp and don't think it should be called out when it is in errror.
Whether it is in error or not, I hardly think that is ever an appropriate curse to utter against a thing, a person, a corporation or a nation. You do?

Upvote 0

LonesomeTexan

Veteran
Jun 24, 2007
North of Houston
✟19,404.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
This is too hot a topic to stay in N&CE,
Presidential issues need to be in politics.

I heard a "sermon" on Hannity yesterday. Nothing but how the poor black people versus abusive rich white people.
The sermon revolves around race, rather then Jesus.

I do wonder how 2 lawyers making large amounts of money can complain about not being treated fairly.
I think we can keep it civil. It's imperative that people know just who Obama really is. I've known he's been bad news for a while now, and perhaps this will put an end to Obama mania.

News and current events gets alot of traffic from people that don't normally post in the politics section. I think this thread should stay where it's at and people should keep it simple and condemn this type of "Christianity". People then can decide for themselves how this reflects upon Obama. It is my opinion that this will do a great deal of damage to his campaign.

Reactions: IisJustMe
Upvote 0

IisJustMe

Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
News and current events gets alot of traffic from people that don't normally post in the politics section. I think this thread should stay where it's at and people should keep it simple and condemn this type of "Christianity". People then can decide for themselves how this reflects upon Obama. It is my opinion that this will do a great deal of damage to his campaign.
I sure agree with that. Wright is hard to defend. It won't stop people from trying, and thinking they've succeeded. But between this, the difficulty he has answering challenging questions, and the ongoing Rezko trial, he may unravel by the time Pennsylvania happens. There's still a dozen primaries after that too. With the media finally doing it's job (note this video come off ABC, not Fox -- though Fox had the same story and has had it longer) the "little man behind the curtain" is finally being revealed.

Upvote 0