aah sorry for sounding like a loser lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2006
✟146.00
Faith
Christian
this is really weird lol but i really need some christian people to talk to! i grew up in a "churchy" family, and in both my family and church i was just the total rebellious outcast. no one ever had time for my christian discussions or questions and put it all down to me just trying to have a go at "their faith" (as if because somehow im lower than them its not my faith aswell.) so from about 12 i drifted away from any ties to christians i had. life then took a sudden downfall and with no christians to talk to i simply chose to turn my back on God because it was all too much for me to understand. anyways im rambling. basically, im just wondering if anyone has any advice on what i can do to go abouts finding people to talk to cuz although i have turned my back on God i just feel i cant move on without ANY form of support. and pretty much every christian in my area knows me as the girl whos just bad and crazy and the sort. Anyways, i thought it was worth a stab asking some people who knew.
cheers,
h x

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I'm sorry they think of you as the 'bad and crazy.' How quickly Christians forget the situation they were in or are still in. I would recommend you go to a church and forget about your past, asking God for forgiviness of sin. If others judge you for your past it is to their shame. Anyway, pm me if you would like to talk more. Take care, Tapero

Upvote 0

Faith In God

A little FIG is all we need...
Apr 3, 2004
Texas
✟36,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Join a Seventh Day Adventist church. ;) Closest to a strictly Bible-based church I have been able to observe.

Ordinarily, I'd say don't go to church (there's so much wrong in the general church foundation) but you need to study the Bible.

I have some family I can worship and live with the Lord with, but it looks like you might be walking alone.

:prayer: Quite a test.

I'd suggest going to a church, but don't rely on it for your foundational Scriptural guidance until you have built up one of your own: a great many churches are concerned more about their congregations' ears than the message that goes into it.
but then, that kinda defeats the purpose of going to a church...

:) Perhaps you can find a family here to get you started.

Again, read your Bible, and really, really rely on Jesus as your true rock and foundation.

:prayer: God bless

Upvote 0

Deb7777

Oct 6, 2005
✟16,295.00
Faith
Catholic
butterflyeffect said:
this is really weird lol but i really need some christian people to talk to! i grew up in a "churchy" family, and in both my family and church i was just the total rebellious outcast. no one ever had time for my christian discussions or questions and put it all down to me just trying to have a go at "their faith" (as if because somehow im lower than them its not my faith aswell.) so from about 12 i drifted away from any ties to christians i had. life then took a sudden downfall and with no christians to talk to i simply chose to turn my back on God because it was all too much for me to understand. anyways im rambling. basically, im just wondering if anyone has any advice on what i can do to go abouts finding people to talk to cuz although i have turned my back on God i just feel i cant move on without ANY form of support. and pretty much every christian in my area knows me as the girl whos just bad and crazy and the sort. Anyways, i thought it was worth a stab asking some people who knew.
cheers,
h x
Hi butterfly, welcome, you need to get to know Jesus. Read the bible, read good spiritual books, there is a daily devotion forum here that can be an inspiration for you. Participate on the many different forums here, learning as you go along. Finally, you need to go to Church and let the community strengthen you, God bless. Jesus is the most incredible person you will ever come across to help you be the best person you can be, to see the world through his eyes and wisdom is a treasure that never ends.

Upvote 0

Annoula

Freedom
Jul 19, 2005
✟11,322.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
sometimes the "bad and crazy" are much better people than the rest "faithfull" or "good christians".

maybe you could try opening up in someone that you think can listen to you.

as a monk told me, "try to find the holy people that live around us".

keep your mind open, search for your truth and the door will open.

Upvote 0

devotee

Mar 15, 2006
✟15,208.00
Faith
Other Religion
butterflyeffect said:
cheers,
h x
You are not a loser, language has a lot of influence in how we see ourselves and our place in this world. To me you sound as though you have turned your back on other's "interpretations" of God, rather than God.

You do need a support system, we all do, we are soical beings. Though for some of us that support can be enough just from forums such as this, or emial buddies etc. Cultivate your interests - garden, scriptures, drasing, poetry - whatever.

Many of my close relatives are Christians. I find that although they can be very giving, that they still choose to retaliate when hurt, to want to be the dominant person in a conversation, still slander and gossip. Still judge basically. So their negative comments about me don't affect me because I can see that they are not walking the path when they are judging. So, I don't spend much timme around them, I'm very much a loner (as is my partner) and spend my time cultivating my awareness of how to be in the world but not of it and how not to judge and yet not be trodden on. I work from home as an international tutor, and I read study physics and write poetry for internet competitions. I also visit forums such as this.

Remember, others tend not to have the answer, but I have found that it is through communicating what I am expereincing that I come to anser my own questions. And I find this enpowering.

hope this helps some.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
"How quickly Christians forget the situation they were in or are still in."

So true. I'm sorry to hear what position your family put you in--I've seen it often. I believe you--people get so caught up in religiosity, that they forget the logic process they had to go through to get there. People don't just wake up one day and believe everything. That would be silly, as well as dangerous.

Welcome here, btw! You're at a place (CForums) where you'll get such a broad base of views that you'll have plenty of discussions! Some areas are more violent/more uplifting than others, so stay away from apologetics, marriage, and politics.

I've found some good forum subtopics-- prayer requests, edification/dreams and visions, ministry/prophetic (although they sometimes debate), self-help, and recipe exchange (what's to argue). I also enjoy the denominations/ charismatic threads--people treat the discussions as real and productive there...less drive to prove points.

Sometimes I need a tough outer shell here...a few words can really shake me up. Just move to another thread if that happens, and remember that you don't have to like all of us.

"Try to find the holy people that live around us."

I like that quote!

Upvote 0
Mar 18, 2006
✟146.00
Faith
Christian
hey! i just wana say thanks. all ur advice is ACTUALLY helpful, rather than patronizing, you've actually listened and come up with answers that you know could potientally work. its really sad that today its far and few times between you actually feel listened to and that people are willing to take the time to help. although i still remain in the decision to turn my back on God, you have all definitely shown me that turning my back on humanity was unessecary because there are good people out there with good hearts, so thank you all!

Upvote 0

Faith In God

A little FIG is all we need...
Apr 3, 2004
Texas
✟36,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
butterflyeffect said:
hey! i just wana say thanks. all ur advice is ACTUALLY helpful, rather than patronizing, you've actually listened and come up with answers that you know could potientally work. its really sad that today its far and few times between you actually feel listened to and that people are willing to take the time to help. although i still remain in the decision to turn my back on God, you have all definitely shown me that turning my back on humanity was unessecary because there are good people out there with good hearts, so thank you all!

:| That's a good thing, I suppose.
i still remain in the decision to turn my back on God
I'm sure it's not what God would prefer. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devotee

Mar 15, 2006
✟15,208.00
Faith
Other Religion
butterflyeffect said:
For some of us, all is one, so people (humanity) are God.

share the joy.

Upvote 0

*~DJ~*

Knock and keep knocking, seek and keep seeking...
Mar 14, 2006
West Virginia
✟23,696.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
butterflyeffect said:
cheers,
h x
I would like to appologize to you on behalf on all of those christians who made you feel this way. We are suppose to be about love. This site is a great site, but sometimes we need face to face, heart to heart. Is there another church nearby that you woudn't get the cold shoulder at? Being in God's word is always the best first step, though! I you need to talk, private message me, I'll listen.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Butterfly, some "rebellious outcasts" are very dear to me, and I found that they were often of personality types that were able to see clearly and discern truth from crap.

I believe that every member of the church is intended to use their gifts, but this is the gift that's so quickly squelched. We can't have healthy churches without listening to the people who can weed out the fluff and the burrs.

I would guess you're one of them. Recognize some of your headstrong traits as talents.

Churches can have very strong cultures. They often teach a heavy proportion of submission and righteousness. It's safer that way, and leaders have fewer problems if people are willing to unify. I'm not saying that's always wrong, but it can get off balance easily and harm in the name of higher spirituality. Don't be afraid of congregations, but be willing to stand strong in who you are when you're with them. You're older now.

Find good people and stick to them. It's like many business teachings-- you build up your own skills and opportunities when you rearrange who influences your life. That doesn't always mean the prominent people, but those whom you respect.

Sorry to get so advicey on you.

Upvote 0

Chris Norwood

Feb 6, 2006
near Chapel Hill, NC
Visit site
✟7,975.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Let's see... "total rebellious outcast"... yeah, that pretty much describes Jesus.

Never be afraid to honestly ask your sincere questions and share (especially with God) your real doubts about your faith. Be willing to question everything about Chrsitianity, especially the "organized religion" part. But be careful where you turn for your answers. Don't rely on your or other people's opinions. Instead seek answers directly from the Bible. As far as I can see, Jesus didn't care much for religion, but he was all about a real, personal relationship with God. So make that your first and only priority, and figuring out the rest will come through the work of the Holy Spirit in your life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HumbleUnderdog

Mar 28, 2006
✟9,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hehe, yeah rebellious outcast is a good descrition of Jesus. It sounds to me like you are looking for the 'church' or other 'people' to supply you with a foundation of happiness and acceptance. I can totally relate to you because I went through a very similar experience when I grew up. I had felt very rejected by church and even more so by my 'churchy' parents. No human has ever been able to 'support me.'

You often hear alot that happiness comes from 'within' as if we are all born with happiness. While I'm not exactly sure that is because I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist, no one tells you where happiness comes from. Alot of people are happy because they were raised by happy parents, at least in my finding and from what I learned in my psychology courses. However, if you weren't lucky enough to be 'raised' in a happy and accepting environment, I find that almost everyone turns to alcohol, drugs, religion, music, etc.

Me myself, as a testimony, I have been so unaccepted by people because of my lack of social skills and other things. I have been made fun of quite a few times, and then turned around the social scene by becoming adopting the 'rebellious' mentality. I turned to drugs, alcohol, and smoking as a way of fitting in with people. Yet that didn't work to well either. I found that maturity, and caring, and wisdom helped me get along with other people. No one anywhere wants someone who is immature, hateful, and dumb (I mean in a literal sense, many people get good laughs by watching someone act goofy lol).

But when I read the bible, I found that those things were things that come from God. I've discovered that things that lead to a great happy life, the things that make up your 'happiness' all come from God.
In my own experience, the Church has condemned me for not obeying the words of the Sunday School teacher. One time, our Sunday school teacher (also the Pastor's wife) brought a Sears (Department Store chain) magazine to Sunday school. She showed us a page of a girl advertising a nightgown. The gown had these fancy bright coloured pants, and a shirt that had 3 or 4 buttons at the top around the neck area. The top two or three buttons were unbottoned. The model was lying down on a bed with a slight smile on her face. Our teacher then told us that this model and Sears were advertising 'sex', in the sense that buyingf from Sears supported the idea of 'sexual impurity'. She then went around to the classroom clockwise and asked us individually what she thought of ad, individually. Everyone said with a disguiseful yet lying facial expression that this ad was advertising 'sexual promiscuity' rather than advertising a nightgown, and she agreed with everyone's point of view. When my turn came, I said that I thought the advertisement showing off a nightgown, and that it wasn't the colour I'd want to see my girl wearing, and that I'd buy it for my girl if she liked it. The teacher was sort of shocked and enraged about my thoughts.

Just as an example. But you must realize that The Churhc is made up of people, and that every person or group of people will have problems and inefficiencies, as no one is perfect.
So as a result I have shifted my focus towards something that is perfect, and the only thing perfect to us is God. I find that when you rely on God, rather than people you get a thousand times much more satisfaction and much much less letdowns. How else can human life be so enjoyable then?

Good luck to you!!!

Reactions: heron
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.