Feb 22, 2016
Gold Coast
✟7,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

My name is Amanda, though I go by Paige when I'm writing. I've been a Christian for over thirty years and together with my best friend (to whom I happened to be married) have raised three wonderful human beings (and a labradoodle named Jemima).

I am a writer and am currently putting together a website where anyone can access my unpublished plays, skits, poems, monologues and stories. I am blessed in that I do not need to make a lot of money from my writing, so I want to make these resources available to anyone who needs them. The best of them had little to do with me, so they belong to others already. When it is launched, I'll put a link here.

I began writing when I was a child, I have no idea why, it was just something I had to do. I have written for theatres, school, organizations and individuals and last year one of my earliest plays "Into White" was produced in Texas. I write now for those who would otherwise be silenced. I do not write pretty rhetorical Christian tales, as I don't believe that the word 'Christian' is an adjective. I write often painful stories but invariably their theme is redemptive, often without even mentioning God or Christianity.

I have just finished a degree in Literature and have an Advanced Diploma in Christian Ministries. My husband and I are committed to being part of the body of Christ wherever He leads us and therefore have been a part of the ministries of both evangelical and Pentecostal churches. We are Christians, neither non-denominational nor denominational, just Christians.

As we've grown the Lord has led us to churches that were struggling with various issues. We do believe that a time has come for Christians to choose their fellowships wisely and on the basis of the whole counsel of the Word of God. This has always been true but is perhaps now truer than ever. We believe that discernment of false teaching is desperately needed in a time when political correctness, egos whipped up by the celebrity culture and a failure to understand the nature and role of discipline is allowing churches to tolerate what Jesus said we must never tolerate.

I look forward to reading your comments and I hope that in the course of our conversation, we are able to encourage each other to hold fast until the day of His return.

Blessings,

Amanda