Sep 2, 2002
✟18,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Be careful. If your dress is going to be sitting for 3 years, there is a good chance it will turn yellow if it's not kept well. Mine sat for a year in a very very dark closet that nobody ever opened. If you have a dark dry place for it, it should be okay, but be very careful about letting it sit for three years.

Upvote 0

JillLars

It's a Boy! Jace David- Due 1/20/07
Jan 20, 2003
New Hope, MN
Visit site
✟3,944.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I was talking with my mom and she said you can go to the cleaner's and have the dress vaccum packed or something like that, so that it isn't exposed to the air and won't yellow. I will probably end up just looking though, I'm sure there will be more sales in the next 3 years :) I am going to worry about buying little stuff as I go along, I found a great seller on ebay with lots of little favors and stuff, so that'll be a nice thing to use. :)

Upvote 0

Manna

Jul 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
✟6,265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, the gowns are gorgeous! Have fun planning! I'm in the middle of what looks like is going to be a pretty long engagement, so I know how you feel!

Shortest engagement? My best friend and her now-husband had been talking about marriage a little (had only been dating a month or two), but she lived in Ohio, and he was stationed here in Mississippi in the Navy. September 11 happened, and on Sept 12 he caller her and said that if they wanted to get married, they had to do it now, because he wouldn't be able to get time off later...so he makes the 13-or so-hour drive, marries her, and brings her back here. That's the quickest one I've ever heard of!

By the way -- Cammie -- that was too cute of a story, buying the dress before he proposed! That's priceless! =) Good for you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I bet. My fiancee and I were set to get married in the finances department, then he got out of the NAVY and I may be losing my job, so here we sit, our wedding day in less than four months, and I can barely pay my bills. He is lucky, he lives with his parents, me, my parents live in a different state.

Upvote 0

Manna

Jul 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
✟6,265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh man, I know how frustrating that must be, Pegasus! I've been out of work for a couple of months now, and so has my fiance. He had a horrible medical problem a couple of years ago that leaves him with chronic headaches, making it difficult to work a steady job. So with both of us scraping to pay bills, it's not very wise to get married right away! And on one point we have the same type of story that you two do....he's lucky enough to have his mom right there to help him if he needs it....I'm on my own! =) Patience is a virtue....not necessarily one I have, though! =)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JillLars

It's a Boy! Jace David- Due 1/20/07
Jan 20, 2003
New Hope, MN
Visit site
✟3,944.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Here are some flowers I am thinking of having for the bridesmaids...

Attachments

• redfallbouquet.jpg
    redfallbouquet.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 0