Jan 20, 2003
New Hope, MN
Visit site
✟3,944.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I am going to try and post a picture of the wedding dress I want, and of the bridesmaid dresses I want, hope it works. Let me know what you think :)

Attachments

• dress.jpg
    dress.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 119
  • bridesmaid.jpg
    bridesmaid.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 90
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LifeInYou

a little lamb...*baaaa
Feb 11, 2003
Cali
Visit site
✟8,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
My grandma and grandpa met in college, and courted for several months primarily through letters -they were a few states apart from one another. They had mentioned getting married but nothing was set in stone. One day, on a Monday I believe, grams called grandpa up and asked if he still wanted to get married, he said yes, they married on that Friday. The judge, grams and gramps and the one eye witness were the only people present.

They've been happily married for 66 years.

:)

Upvote 0

FroZenDeSire

Jul 8, 2003
Canada
Visit site
✟7,747.00
Faith
Christian
The shortest I've heard of for an engagement was hmm... Less then a day. My uncle proposed on April 1. He didn't want to propose anytime during the day as it would still be April Fools day. hehe. Either they got married that night or else the next morning :) Something like that!

I couldn't stand a long engagment! hehe, I'd be to excited! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JillLars

It's a Boy! Jace David- Due 1/20/07
Jan 20, 2003
New Hope, MN
Visit site
✟3,944.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'm glad that you guys like the dresses! My fiance and I are just sort of brainstorming right now to find out what we want to do. We'll start the hardcore planning next year. We have a few reasons for waiting so long. I think 3 years will be alright for us. :)

Upvote 0

LadyBird

Dance Me to the End of Love
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟17,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I could never wait 3 years either!!! I would go CRAZY. The max. amount of time I would want to be engaged is 8 months...no maybe 6 months...lol. My cousin was engaged for no more than 2 months I believe then just got married in May. Reason for short engagement though was because his fiancee was pregnant.

Upvote 0

JillLars

It's a Boy! Jace David- Due 1/20/07
Jan 20, 2003
New Hope, MN
Visit site
✟3,944.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Around where I live you need at least 18 mo.+ to reserve a reception hall and church. I live right outside of the twin cities so things are hard to come by during the summer months. I know a lot of people who tried to plan it in less time and had a super hard time finding what they needed.

Upvote 0

Lizzi4Christ

I'm worth waiting for.
Feb 13, 2002
It doesn't matter... my home is Heaven!
✟8,050.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
My boyfriend and I have been talking about marriage lately. It would be in 3 years, 2 at the very least. i've already started planning and he hasn't even asked me yet ;) ;)

Beautiful dresses! THe wedding one is gorgeous!

Upvote 0

IslandBreeze

Caribbean Queen
Sep 2, 2002
✟18,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LOL! You made me think of a funny story, Lizzie. I KNEW Jay was going to propose, I just didn't know when (his wonderful brother told me he had ordered my ring). So my mom and I went out and bought my wedding gown before he even proposed!!! Good thing he did a month later!!!! :D

Upvote 0