Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
What was your rush? Why were you so quick to eliminate the need for God in your creation. Man's theories are full of holes. But even if they would appear to be compete, I know that it does not matter. God will one day show you and prove what I cannot. :(

Upvote 0
Perhaps you might understand me better if you read my thread God "needed" as explanation

I was in no rush to accept the findings of evolution. I accepted them with little resistance, because I have thirty years of experience with the findings of science, and they have proven trustworthy. I did have questions, and my personal incredulity did lead me to greater doubt about evolution than other theories, but I have spent a lot of time and energy researching the claims of science and the claims of those opposed to it, and I have found merit only in the former.

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
1 Corinthians 13:1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. 4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Tell me how Love could evolve?

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Check my profile.

I know that is where I got it.

I read your post God "needed". You are different then the other atheist that haunt the Christian Forum. They do aim to destroy God and use evolution as their weapon. You may have noticed this also?

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Stormy

I know that is where I got it.

I read your post God "needed". You are different then the other atheist that haunt the Christian Forum. They do aim to destroy God and use evolution as their weapon. You may have noticed this also?

I see those fellows a little differently than you. Everybody wants others to believe the way they do. Do you think there would be no evangelists if there were no "Great Commission?" I feel the same way that you do, and the same way that the "evangelical" atheists do. I want people to share my views, and I feel they will be better off if they do. But, at the same time, I recognize that it is not always in their best interest, or in my own, to try to convince them. I think that it is very clear that accepting science is advantageous, no matter what religious views a person holds. It fills me with sadness and foreboding to see science senselessly attacked, and supposedly in the name of God. Scientific criticism is key to the success of science. But war at all cost against science is dishonorable, and it does no service to God, or to religion.

Evolution as science, and evolution as an apologetic device for atheists are two greatly separate things. (Just look in a refereed science journal, and you will see what I mean!!!) I think that using science as an apologetic tool against religion is just about as senseless as criticism of science that comes from prejudice, and likely to inflame that same prejudice.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Jerry Smith

Everybody wants others to believe the way they do.

That strikes me as funny on a personal level. I'm not criticizing evangelism, but when I was an atheist, I was passionate about doing everything I could to convince others to be atheists.

As a Christian, I really don't have a burning desire for others to believe the way I do. It really gives me joy when I hear someone has become a Christian, and would give me even more joy if I found out I played a part. But it doesn't even cross my mind anymore to try to "convince" anyone to believe what I do, because IMO that's entirely up to G~d.

If G~d calls me to be an evangelist tomorrow, I might have a change of heart. But right now, IMO, I consider it my job to surrender as best as possible to Jesus to let Him live in me. And it's just as well, since I have a feeling that He gets a lot more done if I just get out of the way than if I try to help. ;)

Upvote 0