• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A vent and ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bydluv4Jesus

Mar 30, 2008
Midwest
Visit site
✟7,684.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi, haven't been around lately, but really struggling- almost 2 week ago my 2 year old grandson took the tip of his finger off, we got to my daughters, and it wasn't a pretty sight(yes my brain replays it)- eventually making it to the ER, it was reattached- healing well now- my son in law is a trucker, and wasn't home at the time- he gets home today- in the meantime, i have been going constantly and am exhausted from babysitting- my problem currently is i resent intrusions, (I am a freelance artist, is supplementing hubbies disability income, but i need time to complete commissions)- for instance, even though it was avoidable, had to watch the other 4 kids while mom took Malichi to the dr, an hour there and hour back and time at the office- Jon the oldest is ausbergers, Darian the next oldest is ADD- I got there at 9 and finally got home at 3- that always happens- 'something came up' in one way or another- daughter has to go do this or that... so i come home and nothing has been done- after 30 years of marriage you'd think i'd be used to it-kitchen filthy, dishwasher full of clean dishes- hubby on the computer- sheesh does he not see the filth... so I am getting up at 5 to make sure i have some devotional time and get some work done before anyone needs me for something- ok...enough ranting, just had to get it out before I blow a fuse...:doh:Any suggestions on dealing with this kind of situation???

RachelZ

Mar 6, 2008
✟8,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey Robin...so sorry you've had such a rough time...what a horrible thing to happen! Realy glad it's healing well though!

It's really difficult when you have your own list of things to be done and others are calling on you to help them complete their own list...particularly if, like me, you find the "no" word one of the hardest words in the English language to pronounce properly. Seems it so often can come out like "yes" or words to that effect!! Are you able to be honest with your daughter about how you're struggling? It may be she thinks she's doing you a favour by giving you lots of Grandma time! The "man not seeing the state of the house" is another tricky one...I take it you've discussed this with him? Again, people may not allways realise you're struggling unless you really spell it out. I'ts frustrating, especially if you're the type of person who can easily see when others are struggling but not all people have that gift and can need it stated very clearly before they'll do anything to help.

It's brilliant you're managing to find time with God amongst all this business...and that's certainly something that is so important...I'm just wondering how you cope with the early morning rise plus starting to do jobs then as well? Five seems awfully early for someone who then has a full day and if you're exhausted before you start that can't help. I know it's easy for me to say is there another time you could spend with God or could you make it that you wake then but rather than start jobs just spend it quietly with God but hard to do. All I can say is go easy on yourself and maybe try and communicate your needs as well as trying to meet other people's.

Sorry if none of that helps...please God may you get some wisdom regarding all this...take care, Rachel

Upvote 0

SkyCloud

May 12, 2007
California
Visit site
✟15,225.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, I often times tell my mother, "The things that need to be done just never end," and she agrees. I know exactly what you mean by not having the time to get everything done. I have pondered this situation, as a matter of fact, and I've ended up with a few thoughts on the subject. One thought I have is the Bible says that there is benefit to any amount of work you get done. I remember reading that. Another thought is that 24 hours was not made to contain all things that need to get done, so it's natural that many things don't get done in a day. If the carpet doesn't get vaccuumed today, it's okay. God willing, that will be taken care of tomorrow. Same with the dishes, etc. There's a lot to say on this subject, but I believe the answer is do what you can in each 24 hour period. The Bible says in Eccesiastes that there is a time for everything. God Bless.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.