A tried and true recipe I use that you might want to try.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,699,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Every time I make this it is a bit. Everyone loves it and it’s easy to make. I’ll often buy pork loin on sale just to have on hand.

Bacon wrapped pork loin with a creamy spicy center.

Ingredients

1 2.5 lb pork loin (about 2-3 inches thick)

Salt and freshly ground pepper

4 ounces plain cream cheese, softened

Pickled jalapeños, to taste (you can substitute fresh jalapeños)

8 ounces bacon (about 8-10 slices)

***Note I use more bacon depending on the size of the pork loin. I like it completely wrapped.

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pat the pork loin dry with paper towels and season all around with salt and pepper.

2. Starting about 1/4 inch from the end of the loin, cut a vertical slit down the center that runs about 3/4 into the thickness of the meat. Stop a 1/4 inch from the other end of the tenderloin. Mash the cream cheese with a fork to soften further and evenly fill the cavity you've cut into the pork loin.

3. Tuck as many jalapeños into the cream cheese as you like -- the more you use, the spicier this will be!

4. Wrap the loin with bacon, slightly overlapping the pieces so that the whole loin is covered. If you do not plan on tying the loin (which can be a little fussy!), be sure to keep the seams on the bottom side of the loin. Just be warned that when you cut into it later, the bacon may unravel -- but by then, I guarantee that nobody will care, this tastes so good!

5. Carefully transfer the bacon wrapped loin to a rimmed baking sheet and place in the pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the meat registers 145 F on a meat thermometer. If the bacon isn't as crispy as you like by the time the pork loin is cooked, transfer it to the broiler for 3-5 minutes to crisp up a little more without overcooking the loin. Remove the loin from the oven and allow it to rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing and serving.

Enjoy!

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,699,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Prepped it for this evening here are some pics. I’ll post more after it’s cooked and but into it so you can see the center when it’s done.
A01A2345-EF8B-42AB-BCAE-DE83097D2EE7.jpeg
F427DCF1-6769-47BD-A3E8-BAD63C6CEF73.jpeg
2A8F33A8-23D6-48A0-8EF7-F0B61A5C26CD.jpeg

Upvote 0