learning to walk with God
Aug 7, 2012
✟23,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all,

We have a few threads throughout the forum, such as fun thread and so on where people can participate. Was feeling down the last few hours and thought, hey, why not start a thread of encouragement. Each one of us can just post a word or a sentence or bible verses etc of encouragement, so that anybody that needs a 'pick me up' or a 'hug' etc can come to the thread and be comforted. It will take the format of all the other threads like the fun thread here.

Not sure whether it will work out, but no harm trying. With that I will start out with some encouraging words in the next post. I hope people will participate and this thread will be a blessing to all that needs it and be pleasing in God's eyes.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,171.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
OK, I am in. I love this one, especially when folks start talking about losing salvation.

Phil. 4:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Reactions: captainkate
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The account in I Sam 30 is very interesting -

When David and his men returned to camp and found their dwellings burnt and their families gone, the guys who just fought with him talked of killing him. Scripture states at that point David encouraged himself in the Lord. (I Sam 30). Reminds me of other Scriptures such as I Thess 5:18 - in all things give thanks. It can be very difficult to do that just as it might have been for David.

Also, it doesn't say how he encouraged himself in the Lord. Don't you think he started with a Psalm? How do we encourage ourselves in the Lord.

David also didn't assume what action he was to take in response to what had been done to him, his men, and their families because he prayed and asked Yahweh what to do. That's pretty amazing considering he was a warrior and that would have been his mindset.

Also, a particularly interesting note is that he waited until after he had encouraged himself in the Lord before he prayed and ask Him what to do. I should incorporate this into my own life. David had to understood something sufficient in this.

Overall based on the Psalms I think we can safely say that David understood he could cast all His cares on Yahweh and that there's joy in Yahweh's presence (Psa 16, 55).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ALoveDivine

Saved By Grace
Jun 25, 2010
Detroit, MI
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?[a] 28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
- Matthew 6:25-34

How wonderful it is to understand the absolute sovereignty and providence of God over our lives. No matter who tough things can get, we need never worry. It is God who feeds us, it is God who clothes us, it is God who sustains us and meets our needs. Rather than fretting about the worries of life, we need only humbly submit ourselves to him as obedient children.

How blessed are the truths of scripture.

Upvote 0

achristian2

Aug 7, 2012
✟23,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you tturt for the lovely contribution.
I like this part very much :
'Also, a particularly interesting note is that he waited until after he had encouraged himself in the Lord before he prayed and ask Him what to do. I should incorporate this into my own life.'
1 Samuel 30:6 ...But David found strength in the Lord his God.

Psalm 55:22-23
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. But you, O God, will bring down the wicked into the pit of corruption; bloodthirsty and deceitful men will not live out half their days. But as for me, I trust in you.

Nehemiah 8:10
....Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength

I've experienced what I believe is God's joy before when the 'enemy' was throwing his darts at me. I just brushed it off as if it were harmless as it did not really hurt. It is indeed true that the joy of the Lord is indeed one's strength.

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

We have a few threads throughout the forum, such as fun thread and so on where people can participate. Was feeling down the last few hours and thought, hey, why not start a thread of encouragement. Each one of us can just post a word or a sentence or bible verses etc of encouragement, so that anybody that needs a 'pick me up' or a 'hug' etc can come to the thread and be comforted. It will take the format of all the other threads like the fun thread here.

Not sure whether it will work out, but no harm trying. With that I will start out with some encouraging words in the next post. I hope people will participate and this thread will be a blessing to all that needs it and be pleasing in God's eyes.

This is a great idea for a thread and much needed. :) Here is a verse that came to mind:

Romans 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

This verse helps me remember that when things get rough, Gods sovereign purposes for my life will never be thwarted. Regardless of what the situation looks like, I know God is working something good for me in the middle of it and that I can trust Him in every circumstance.

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

Upvote 0

achristian2

Aug 7, 2012
✟23,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"
- Matthew 6:25-34

How wonderful it is to understand the absolute sovereignty and providence of God over our lives. No matter who tough things can get, we need never worry. It is God who feeds us, it is God who clothes us, it is God who sustains us and meets our needs. Rather than fretting about the worries of life, we need only humbly submit ourselves to him as obedient children.

How blessed are the truths of scripture.

Thank you for this.
To add on :
Psalm 37:25
I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread

Upvote 0

achristian2

Aug 7, 2012
✟23,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Romans 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

Thank you. Jeremiah 29:11 is 1 of my favourite verse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,171.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He is in me y'all!!:clap::clap::clap:

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Enjoying this thread -

Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

I've clung to "...all things work together for good to them that love God..." many times.

Upvote 0

achristian2

Aug 7, 2012
✟23,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Notice the similarity between them.:)

Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Philippians 1:6
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0