• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A strange, discombobulated feeling?

Serendipitous Waffle

Jul 18, 2023
Viken
✟55,420.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
For the past week or so I've not felt 100% like myself. A quick rundown, a little under two months ago I had a successful brain aneurysm surgery, I suffer from OCD / depression so what I'm experiencing may be related.

However, have any of you laid in bed, or sat in the sofa where a smell triggers a feeling? Like it almost draws you out of yourself and puts you somewhere else in time? Well, this is how I've been feeling sans the smell for the past week or so. I don't fully feel myself, I feel as though I'm skirting between myself and someone unknown if that makes sense. It's extremely odd, and at times quite off putting. Other times, it's quite a warm and comforting feeling like "everything is going to be OK". It's just weird, happens mostly at night when I'm winding down, but happens during the day too, but not as often. I've never had this happen previously.

Who knows, I may have just lost my marbles! :p Thanks for reading.

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I know that many times I have had a not feeling like myself feeling when I have had low blood sugar. Maybe get a testing kit so you can check your blood sugar when you are feeling weird. Alo as I read your post I think that any touching, cutting or otherwise manipulation of your brain could make you have feelings that you are not familiar with.

Either way, I pray that God bless you and heal you of whatever affliction that may still remain in your physical body.

OldAbramBrown

Jul 4, 2023
England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
When younger before falling asleep I would feel big and small at the same time and would "wobble" without wobbling. I've always experienced (commonplace) brain conditions (without surgery).

The sense of smell is right next to the brain. Sensitivity of various kinds is a good gift.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Thank you, friend. Low blood sugar, interesting. The only anchor I have, is knowing that the Lord does not change. :)
Low bloos sugar can be deadly. I remember during a bout with hypoglycimia, I all of a sudden had stopped talking in the group I was in and I started sobbing uncontrollably. I felt completely confused and had no idea where I was or what was happening until the paramedics got there and gave me a drip of gluclose. All of a sudden, I felt 100% better and didn't feel like I even needed to go to the hospital but they kanda of made me go anyway. It was absolutely horrific and I had no idea what was causing me to feel like that. I mean like all of a sudden I was in total physical and physical crises and I had no idea what was causing it.

I think I was down to around 60 on my blood sugar reading and it was like death was on it's way. It is surely nothing to take lightly. Years later, I still keep a blood sugar monitor and when I feel "weird" and I can tell lik "what's happening to me?" I test myself and there have been a few times I got to around a 70 or 80 and I took these glucose tablets I bought or have a glass of OJ or a bottle of Gatorade.

So keep checking yourself and I'm going to send up another couple prayers for your health. We need all of the help we can get right? God has saved my [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] quite a few times and I don't ake it for granted but I know I can't make it through without his help. I also have lymphedima and fell down the stairs and had to get 50 staples and 26 stickes. I had a wound vacuumssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss because of all the blood and fluid that was oosing out so I'm right there with you when I say keep reaching out and be grateful for God's loving embrace. After 10 days in the hospital needing sponge baths and a catheder and other things I'll spare you from getting into. Definitely a humbling experience

I just thank God for this modern medical equipment/medication/experience of young doctors these days.

Upvote 0