Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I didn't see that one or the last one. This one is my favorite but I forgot how sad the ending is. Did any of them not kill off the male star? If not maybe they should try it.:)
Lately I hardly go aday without listening to the album. The music on this one in the beginning of the movie sounded canned. Probably the station, it was disappointing.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't see that one or the last one. This one is my favorite but I forgot how sad the ending is. Did any of them not kill off the male star? If not maybe they should try it.:)
No the the make star always died. The new and upcoming star lived. I’ll try to fine a list for you to check out. This has to be the most remade movie of all time. They just keep trying to modernize it with the same story.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How All Four Versions of A Star Is Born Compare, and Why the Film Keeps Coming Back
  • 1 1937: Starring Janet Gaynor and Fredric March.
  • 2 1954: Starring Judy Garland and James Mason. ...
  • 3 1976: Starring Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson. ...
  • 4 2018: Starring Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the one that really started it all?

[URL='https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:What-Price-Hollywood-Sherman-Bennett.jpg']

Lowell Sherman and Constance Bennett in What Price Hollywood?

Brown Derby waitress Mary Evans (Constance Bennett) is an aspiring actress who has an opportunity to meet film director Maximillan Carey (Lowell Sherman) when she serves him one night. He is very drunk but is charmed by the young girl, and he invites her to a premiere at Grauman's Chinese Theatre. Adhering to his policy of living life with a sense of humor, he picks her up in a jalopyrather than a limousine and then gives the parking valet the car as a tip.

Max takes Mary home with him after the event, but the next morning remembers nothing about the previous night. She reminds him he promised her a screen test and expresses concern about his excessive drinking and flippant attitude, but he tells her not to worry.

Mary's first screen test reveals she has far more ambition than talent, and she begs for another chance. After extensive rehearsals, she shoots the scene again, and producer Julius Saxe (Gregory Ratoff) is pleased with the result and signs her to a contract. Just as quickly as Mary achieves stardom, Max finds his career on the decline, and he avoids a romantic relationship with her for fear she will be caught up in his downward spiral.

Mary meets polo player Lonny Borden (Neil Hamilton). He genuinely loves her and, although he is jealous of the demands made on her by her career, he convinces her to marry him, against Julius and Max's better judgment. Lonny becomes increasingly annoyed by the dedication of his movie star wife to her work, and finally walks out on her. After their divorce is finalized, Mary discovers she is pregnant.

Mary wins the Academy Medal for Best Actress, but her moment of glory is disrupted when she's called upon to post bail for Max after he's arrested for drunk driving. She takes him to her home, where he wallows in self-pity despite her encouragement. Later, alone in Mary's dressing room, he stares at his dissolute image in the mirror and compares it to a photograph of himself in earlier days. Having stumbled on a gun in a drawer, he kills himself with a bullet to the chest.

Mary becomes the center of gossip focusing on Max's suicide. Hoping to heal her emotional wounds, she flees to Paris with her son and reunites with Lonny, who begs her to forgive him and give their marriage another chance.

[/URL]
What Price Hollywood? - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
At least they all died differently four times, lol. I wonder why they changed that. In all the movies I have seen there was only one I prayed and yearned even considered the powers that be to change the ending of "life of pi". It was so sad to me and it hurt for a long time.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like it. They should do it more often with my favorite movies, lol. With few exceptions I don't usually don't like musical movies.
I like like the musicals for the sheer talent. Back in the day you had to be a jack of all trades.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At least they all died differently four times, lol. I wonder why they changed that. In all the movies I have seen there was only one I prayed and yearned even considered the powers that be to change the ending of "life of pi". It was so sad to me and it hurt for a long time.
I avoided The Life of Pi.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And the one that really started it all?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Price_Hollywood?

Lowell Sherman and Constance Bennett in What Price Hollywood?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Price_Hollywood?
Brown Derby waitress Mary Evans (Constance Bennett) is an aspiring actress who has an opportunity to meet film director Maximillan Carey (Lowell Sherman) when she serves him one night. He is very drunk but is charmed by the young girl, and he invites her to a premiere at Grauman's Chinese Theatre. Adhering to his policy of living life with a sense of humor, he picks her up in a jalopyrather than a limousine and then gives the parking valet the car as a tip.

Max takes Mary home with him after the event, but the next morning remembers nothing about the previous night. She reminds him he promised her a screen test and expresses concern about his excessive drinking and flippant attitude, but he tells her not to worry.

Mary's first screen test reveals she has far more ambition than talent, and she begs for another chance. After extensive rehearsals, she shoots the scene again, and producer Julius Saxe (
Gregory Ratoff) is pleased with the result and signs her to a contract. Just as quickly as Mary achieves stardom, Max finds his career on the decline, and he avoids a romantic relationship with her for fear she will be caught up in his downward spiral.

Mary meets polo player Lonny Borden (
Neil Hamilton). He genuinely loves her and, although he is jealous of the demands made on her by her career, he convinces her to marry him, against Julius and Max's better judgment. Lonny becomes increasingly annoyed by the dedication of his movie star wife to her work, and finally walks out on her. After their divorce is finalized, Mary discovers she is pregnant.

Mary wins the
Academy Medal for Best Actress, but her moment of glory is disrupted when she's called upon to post bail for Max after he's arrested for drunk driving. She takes him to her home, where he wallows in self-pity despite her encouragement. Later, alone in Mary's dressing room, he stares at his dissolute image in the mirror and compares it to a photograph of himself in earlier days. Having stumbled on a gun in a drawer, he kills himself with a bullet to the chest.

Mary becomes the center of gossip focusing on Max's
suicide. Hoping to heal her emotional wounds, she flees to Paris with her son and reunites with Lonny, who begs her to forgive him and give their marriage another chance.

What Price Hollywood? - Wikipedia
I probably saw this one but it's been so many years ago I can't remember
I love Elvis but I can't stand his musicals now:)

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I probably saw this one but it's been so many years ago I can't remember
I love Elvis but I can't stand his musicals now:)
It was just eye candy and dreaming for the teens of the time! Lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Is on "the movie channel" right now. The second one just started. I doubt they will have the third one. It's too new:)
GRRRRRRRRRR, They had it on today and I got the tail end. They didn't bother to tell me, sigh:)

Upvote 0