Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
In the UK we used to call it "Chinese Whispers". I think it is also commonly called "Telephone".
It is a game where people stand in a circle. One person whispers a message to one of the group and then they have to pass the message on to the next person. When the last person hears the message, they pass it back onto the person who started the game.

It's great fun because the message usually completely changes its meaning by the time it reaches the end! And some of the translations are completely hilarious!

So without further ado, here is my message. The rules are to copy and paste the last person's message and change up to five words (you can choose which ones!). Keep it clean and keep it respectful!

Vera came home from her pottery class at a quarter to seven. She put on the kettle and made herself a fresh cup of earl grey and lemon tea. She recalled that in the kitchen cupboard there was a jar of chocolate chip biscuits which she thought would be perfect for dunking in her tea. She sat down in her most comfortable chair. Laid on the table next to her was a daily copy of the Times newspaper. She picked it up and spread it open. After perusing through all the day’s news, she picked up a pen to complete the daily crossword. The microwave sounded to let her know that her supper of fish pie and peas was ready and she enjoyed a hearty meal before retiring for the evening.

Last edited:

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Vera came home from her pottery clash at a quarter to seven. She put on the kettle and made herself a fresh cup of earl grey and lemon tea. She recalled that in the kitchen cupboard there was a bar of chocolate chip biscuits which she thought would be perfect for dunking in her tea. She sat down in her most comfortable lair. Laid on the table next to her was a daily copy of the Times newspaper. She picked it up and split it open. After perusing through all the day’s news, she picked up a pen to complete the daily crossword. The microwave sounded to let her know that her supper of fish pie and peas was ready and she enjoyed a hearty meal before retiring for the evening.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
In the UK we used to call it "Chinese Whispers". I think it is also commonly called "Telephone".
It is a game where people stand in a circle. One person whispers a message to one of the group and then they have to pass the message on to the next person. When the last person hears the message, they pass it back onto the person who started the game.

It's great fun because the message usually completely changes its meaning by the time it reaches the end! And some of the translations are completely hilarious!

So without further ado, here is my message. The rules are to copy and paste this message and change up to five words (you can choose which ones!). Keep it clean and keep it respectful!

Vera came home from her pottery class at a quarter to seven. She put on the kettle and made herself a fresh cup of earl grey and lemon tea. She recalled that in the kitchen cupboard there was a jar of chocolate chip biscuits which she thought would be perfect for dunking in her tea. She sat down in her most comfortable chair. Laid on the table next to her was a daily copy of the Times newspaper. She picked it up and spread it open. After perusing through all the day’s news, she picked up a pen to complete the daily crossword. The microwave sounded to let her know that her supper of fish pie and peas was ready and she enjoyed a hearty meal before retiring for the evening.
To be clear, the next person changes my post, not the original, right?

• Agree
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sera came home from her personality clash at a quarter to eight. She put on the kettle and made herself a fresh cup of earl grey and lemon tea. She recalled that in the kitchen cupboard there was a bar of chocolate chip biscuits which she thought would be perfect for dunking in her tea. She sat down in her most comfortable lair. Laid on the table next to her was a daily copy of the Times newspaper. She picked it up and split it open. After perusing through all the day’s news, she picked up a pen to complete the daily crossword. The microwave sounded to let her know that her supper of fish pie and peas was ready and she enjoyed a hearty meal before retiring for the evening.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Sera came home from her personality clash at a quarter to eight. She put on the kettle and made herself a fresh cup of earl grey and lemon tea. She recalled that in the kitchen cupboard there was a bar of chocolate chip biscuits which she thought would be perfect for dunking in her tea. She sat down in her most comfortable lair. Laid on the table next to her was a daily copy of the Times newspaper. She picked it up and split it open. After perusing through all the day’s news, she picked up a pen to complete the daily crossword. The microwave sounded to let her know that her supper of fish pie and peas was ready and she enjoyed a hearty meal before retiring for the evening.
That meal sounds so good, no one wants to change it. Or is it an desire to try the English way?:yawn:

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Sera came home from her personality clash at a quarter to eight. She put on the tap and made herself a cold cup of earl grey and lemon tea. She recalled that in the kitchen bin there was a bar of chocolate chip biscuits which she thought would be perfect for dunking in her tea. She sat down in her most comfortable lair. Laid on the table next to her was a daily copy of the Times newspaper. She picked it up and split it open. After perusing through all the day’s news, she picked up a tablet to complete the daily crossword. The dog barked to let her know that her supper of fish pie and peas was ready and she enjoyed a hearty meal before retiring for the evening.

Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I love your avatar as I love all of yours. I hope you don't mind I copied it to make a jigsaw puzzle out of it. Happy day Tone.!

Upvote 0

lucypevensie

Not drinking the kool-aid
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,775,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sera came home from her personality clash at a quarter to eight. She put on the tap and made herself a cold cup of earl grey and lemon juice. She recalled that in the kitchen bin there was a bar of chocolate chip biscuits which she thought would be perfect for soaking in her tea. She sat down in her most comfortable lair. Laid on the table next to her was a daily copy of the Times newspaper. She picked it up and tore it open. After perusing through all the day’s news, she picked up a tablet to complete the daily crossword. The dog barked to let her know that her supper of pork pie and peas was ready and she enjoyed a hearty meal before retiring for the evening.

Upvote 0

gennypearl

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
✟2,118,488.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sera came home from her boxing clash at a quarter to eight. She put on the tap and made herself a cold cup of earl grey and lemon juice. She recalled that in the toilet kit there was a bar of chocolate chip biscuits which she thought would be perfect for soaking in her tea. She sat down in her most comfortable lair. Laid on the table next to her was a daily copy of the Times newspaper. She picked it up and tore it open. After perusing through all the day’s gossips, she picked up a tablet to complete the daily crossword. The dog barked to let her know that her supper of dork pie and peas was ready and she enjoyed a hearty meal before retiring for the evening.

Upvote 0

lucypevensie

Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,775,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sera came home from her boxing match at a quarter to midnight. She put on the tap and made herself a cold cup of earl grey and lemon juice. She recalled that in the toilet kit there was a bar of chocolate chip biscuits which she thought would be perfect for soaking in her tea. She sat down in her most comfortable lair. Laid on the table next to her was a daily copy of the Times newspaper. She picked it up and tore it open. After perusing through all the day’s gossips, she picked up a tablet to complete the daily crossword. The dog howled to let her know that her snack of dork pie and celery was ready and she enjoyed a hearty meal before collapsing for the evening.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I love your avatar as I love all of yours. I hope you don't mind I copied it to make a jigsaw puzzle out of it. Happy day Tone.!

Wait what? I just saw this. What avatar?

Happy day to you too!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sera came home to her boxing match at a quarter to midnight. She put on the gloves and made herself a cold cup of real rage and tobacco juice. She recalled that in the toilet kit there was a bar of chocolate chip biscuits which she thought would be perfect for soaking in her tea. She sat down in her most comfortable lair. Laid on the table next to her was a daily copy of the Times newspaper. She picked it up and tore it open. After perusing through all the day’s gossips, she picked up a tablet to complete the daily crossword. The dog howled to let her know that her snack of dork pie and celery was ready and she enjoyed a hearty meal before collapsing for the evening.

Last edited:
Reactions: gennypearl
Upvote 0

lucypevensie

Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,775,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sera came home to her boxing match at a quarter to midnight. She put on the gloves and made herself a cold cup of real rage and tobacco juice. She recalled that in the toilet tank there was a bar of chocolate chip biscuits which she thought would be perfect for soaking in her tea. She sat down in her most comfortable lair. Laid on the floor next to her was a daily copy of the Times newspaper. She picked it up and tore it open. After perusing through all the day’s gossips, she picked up a tablet to complete the daily crossword. The dog howled to let her know that her snack of dork pie and celery was ready and she enjoyed a hearty meal before collapsing for the week.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sera came home to her bunny hutch at a quarter to midnight. She put on the gloves and made herself a cold cup of real beverage and tobacco juice. She recalled that in the fish tank there was a bar of chocolate chip biscuits which she thought would be perfect for soaking in her tea. She sat down in her most comfortable lair. Laid on the floor next to her was a daily copy of the Times newspaper. She picked it up and tore it open. After perusing through all the day's gossips, she picked up a tablet to complete the daily crossword. The dog howled to let her know that her snack of pork pie and celery was ready and enjoyed a hearty meal before collapsing for the week.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: gennypearl
Upvote 0

gennypearl

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
✟2,118,488.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sera came home to her creepy bungalow at a quarter to midnight. She put on the mask and made herself a cold cup of real beverage and tobacco juice. She recalled that in the fish tank there was a bar of chocolate chip biscuits which she thought would be perfect for soaking in her tea. She sat down in her most comfortable lair. Laid on the floor next to her was a daily copy of the Halloween newspaper. She picked it up and tore it open. After perusing through all the day's gossips, she picked up a tablet to complete the daily crossword. The dog howled to let her know that her snack of pork pie and celery was ready and enjoyed a disgusting meal before collapsing for the week.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sera came home to her creepy bungalow at a quarter horse trot. She put on the ritz and made herself a cold cup of real green tea and mint juice. She recalled that in the fish tank there was a bar of chocolate chip biscuits which she thought would be perfect for soaking in her tea. She sat down in her most comfortable pose. Laid on the floor next to her was a daily copy of the Halloween newspaper. She picked it up and tore it open. After perusing through all the day's gossips, she picked up a tablet to complete the daily crossword. The dog howled to let her know that her snack of pork pie and celery was ready and enjoyed a disgusting meal before collapsing for the week.

• Haha
Reactions: lucypevensie
Upvote 0