Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have always been interested in this and have no issues with light pollution in my area. Has anyone invested in this hobby?

The growing popular hobby is perfect for those of you who have an interest in astronomy.

astrophotographys_resize_md.jpg

NASA

Getting into the world of astrophotography is not as difficult as you may think. If you have ever gone out with friends or on your own to photograph a blue moon, a comet, and any other celestial event, you have already taken the right step. Astrophotography allows people to explore some of the more exciting aspects of astronomy without a degree and with very little equipment.

At the worst, you will capture stunning photos of the night sky that you can share with friends and family, you can even frame them perhaps. At its best, you might find yourself capturing photos that could rival some of NASA's "pictures of the day." In either case, you will develop a sublime hobby that will give you more insight into our vast universe. However, we are getting ahead of ourselves. If this is your first rodeo, read along.

Continued below.
How You Can Get Started With Astrophotography

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I enjoy photography and would love the chance to take pictures of the stars! Although I can get out into the countryside easily, there are a lot of towns in the area, so there is a lot of light pollution which prevents seeing the night sky clearly.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I enjoy photography and would love the chance to take pictures of the stars! Although I can get out into the countryside easily, there are a lot of towns in the area, so there is a lot of light pollution which prevents seeing the night sky clearly.
You’d find the perfect place on my property. I’ve always thought about doing it never have for various reasons. I’d love to see some photos from amateurs astronomy fans. Your photos are beautiful though Anthony. You have a real talent there. I’ve enjoyed all of the pictures you have posted. :)

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
You’d find the perfect place on my property. I’ve always thought about doing it never have for various reasons. I’d love to see some photos from amateurs astronomy fans. Your photos are beautiful though Anthony. You have a real talent there. I’ve enjoyed all of the pictures you have posted. :)
Thank you! :)
I used to remember, when I was younger, sitting out in the fields and looking up at the sky. I lived in a village where there was no light pollution and the sky was crystal clear. It was fun looking at meteor showers when they came and also trying to locate the Plough!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you! :)
I used to remember, when I was younger, sitting out in the fields and looking up at the sky. I lived in a village where there was no light pollution and the sky was crystal clear. It was fun looking at meteor showers when they came and also trying to locate the Plough!
Yes there is so much going on in the sky that many are not aware of because of light pollution. We have seen many meteor showers out here.

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Yes there is so much going on in the sky that many are not aware of because of light pollution. We have seen many meteor showers out here.
Have you used any planetarium software apps?
I currently have one on my computer which shows me what the sky looks like outside my window, where the stars/planets etc. You can navigate/move around, click on objects - and it will give you information about them.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have always been interested in this and have no issues with light pollution in my area. Has anyone invested in this hobby?
I spent a long weekend camping with several friends, one of the guys had brought one that would fit into a canoe. We could look clear across the lake for miles too! Just like it was ten feet in front of you. I'm not sure how many uses it would have being carted around bush trails though.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you used any planetarium software apps?
I currently have one on my computer which shows me what the sky looks like outside my window, where the stars/planets etc. You can navigate/move around, click on objects - and it will give you information about them.
No I never have. I operate from a phone. For some odd reason I can get my phone to work. But a computer is out now here until they install the necessities for one to work here now. They keep saying it’s in the works but we are still waiting. We live in on a hill in a valley by a river in the middle of the woods if that tells you anything. Lol

• Optimistic
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0