• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A-sexual but bi-sexual?

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I didn't know where else to put it.
For the most part, I consider myself a-sexual. I gravitate toward men and women but for different reasons. The idea of having sex with either especially men is something that I would consider a duty if I was in a relationship, women not so much, it's more natural for me, but still odd. I do fall in love with women though.

I was wondering, what qualifies as bi-sexual, or sin; can I live with a woman chastely, still be in love with her and be Christian? And are there even women like that out there or am I an odd duck, bc I feel so alone in this?

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I didn't know where else to put it.
For the most part, I consider myself a-sexual. I gravitate toward men and women but for different reasons. The idea of having sex with either especially men is something that I would consider a duty if I was in a relationship, women not so much, it's more natural for me, but still odd. I do fall in love with women though.

I was wondering, what qualifies as bi-sexual, or sin; can I live with a woman chastely, still be in love with her and be Christian? And are there even women like that out there or am I an odd duck, bc I feel so alone in this?
Having a same sex attraction is not sinful. Loving someone is not a sin. However God intends sex to be between an man and a woman primarily for the production and parenting of children.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

need to define "in love"

Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
need to define "in love"
For me it means putting another person first as they put me first. It means remaining in a committed, faithful relationship despite one's particular day to day feelings. It is a act of the will. It is something that is rooted in one's love for God. It's exclusive insomuch as putting another person first means that I make them a priority if not the priority in life. It's the love of a man and his wife or a mother and her child.

• Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For me it means putting another person first as they put me first. It means remaining in a committed, faithful relationship despite one's particular day to day feelings. It is a act of the will. It is something that is rooted in one's love for God. It's exclusive insomuch as putting another person first means that I make them a priority if not the priority in life. It's the love of a man and his wife or a mother and her child.

yes ... that is indeed what love is ... putting one before self .... relational integrity ... and that is what Christ did on the cross.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
It seems common for women to have less active sex lives together compared to other kinds of couples. I guess it makes sense as there is no testorone or having kids the traditional way. But on the other hand, maybe if you don't care about sex you could just have a close female friend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
It seems common for women to have less active sex lives together compared to other kinds of couples. I guess it makes sense as there is no testorone or having kids the traditional way. But on the other hand, maybe if you don't care about sex you could just have a close female friend.
I don't mind sex and I think about it at times but I would never go there because I love Jesus more than anything and want to obey him always. I have a few female friends but it seems like that the relationship I long for I see displayed in same sex couples. I'm just not sure that's right either, even if chaste and I don't want to be labeled anything because that's not what it's about for me. I get very,very lonely but I am committed to just focusing on Jesus and being as active as I can in serving him in the church, so I don't think about things too much and can pass my life away quietly. I know in heaven I will be complete and be with the ones I love, including the woman I am in love with. She never found out how passionately I felt about her because she is married and also, because it was enough to be with her. I didn't need our relationship defined. I called her mother, bc everyone else did (she's a den mother). The love that I have for my own mother and grandmother (both of whom have passed away), is the closest nonsexual relationship I can compare to how I feel about her. It is my hope that in heaven, God will purge away whatever disorder is there and give my lady back to me in all innocence and holiness.

Upvote 0

frank1234

Apr 26, 2006
Winnetka, California
✟35,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
was wondering, what qualifies as bi-sexual, or sin; can I live with a woman chastely, still be in love with her and be Christian? And are there even women like that out there or am I an odd duck, bc I feel so alone in this?

Dear one, God intends for us to have a balanced and natural(Godly) infatuation with the opposite sex(that's why there is that natural sexual attraction towards them). Anything outside of that(meaning having that sexual infatuation and attraction towards the same sex) is from the flesh, and therefore is to be avoided(because it would lead to sin. God has laid out for us what is Godly and blessed( which is having infatuation and sexual attraction towards the opposite sex in the confined of a Godly marriage.)
I hope this helps.

Upvote 0