Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
1 Peter 2:
9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation,
His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you
out of darkness into His marvelous light;
10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not
obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

Christian ministry is founded upon the order of Melchizedek.
Much has been said about lineage and succession, as well as covenants associated with the priesthood of Aaron.
Not much has been said about "the order of", which pertains to how the priesthood functioned day to day,
which was established not only in the Law, but also by David at the time he received the vision for the Temple.
This system was still in place at the time of John's birth.

Luke 1:8 So it was, that while he was serving as priest before God in the order of his division.
This continuity was maintained by Ezra/Nehemiah.

Ezra 3:10 When the builders laid the foundation of the temple of the Lord, the priests stood in their apparel with trumpets,
and the Levites, the sons of Asaph, with cymbals, to praise the Lord, according to the ordinance of David king of Israel.

Ezra 6:18 They assigned the priests to their divisions and the Levites to their divisions, over the service of God in Jerusalem,
as it is written in the Book of Moses.

Nehemiah 12:
Both the singers and the gatekeepers kept the charge of their God and the charge of the purification,
according to the command of David and Solomon his son. 46 For in the days of David and Asaph of old there were chiefs of the singers, and songs of praise and thanksgiving to God.

The ordinances of David facilitated the transition to the Temple centered worship, along with the foreshadowing
of the church's role of offering "the sacrifice of praise". The order of the priesthood was established by divisions,
or courses, 24 in all. This ordering was centered on Temple worship, where the people were required to make
pilgrimage to where the Lord "placed His Name".
So what do we find in regards to the "order of Melchizedek".

Hebrews 7:1 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God,
who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him.

Melchizedek went out to meet Abram! Until the Lord fulfilled His promises to A, I, and J by taking Israel out of Egypt
and established His covenant with them, there was to our knowledge limited contact between the Lord, and a chosen few.
How do we see this order of Melchizedek, of a priesthood that goes out to meet the people, being played out on earth in Christ?

Matthew 28:
18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen.

And yet, in the Millennial kingdom, the people of all the nations that remain are required to make a pilgrimage
to Jerusalem annually for the Great feast! Why?
Because when He sent his messengers to them, they did not answer.

What is being overlooked is; why God would send His priest to Abram at this particular time?

Consider what this blessing would mean for a man who was committed to walking in righteousness before God.
He felt that his hand had been forced by the abduction of Lot, but his heart would surely have been heavy after
having participated in a slaughter. The joy of victory would have been tempered by the burden of shedding blood.
For the priest of the Most High to come to him and bless him, would have given him the peace of mind he needed,
to know that he remained in God's favor.

"the order of" in the Hebrew dibra is also translated estate and cause.

Job 5:8 But as for me, I would seek God,
And to God I would commit my cause

Ecclesiastes 3:18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men,
that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they are beasts.

A man without the spirit of God is merely a beast. Worse, if he receives power from the darkness, he is Satan's beast!
Hebrews 7 informs us that the cause and estate of Melchizedek is expressed through his name.
2 to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated king of righteousness,
and then also king of Salem, meaning king of peace,

Abram's actions were justified by the blessing of righteousness and peace.
The kingdom of heaven under the New Covenant is righteousness and peace,
along with joy of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 14:17

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1 Peter 2:

Much has been said about lineage and succession, as well as covenants associated with the priesthood of Aaron.
Not much has been said about "the order of", which pertains to how the priesthood functioned day to day,
The "Order of" refers to a particular group of people; i.e., The Order of the Garter.
which was established not only in the Law, but also by David at the time he received the vision for the Temple.

Luke 1:8 So it was, that while he was serving as priest before God in the order of his division.
"In the order" here being part of the phrase "in the order of his division" meaning it was his diviision's turn to serve.

Ezra 3:10 When the builders laid the foundation of the temple of the Lord, the priests stood in their apparel with trumpets,
and the Levites, the sons of Asaph, with cymbals, to praise the Lord, according to the ordinance of David king of Israel.
The ordinance (law) of David is not the "order" (group) of David.
Ezra 6:18 They assigned the priests to their divisions and the Levites to their divisions, over the service of God in Jerusalem,

Nehemiah 12:
Both the singers and the gatekeepers kept the charge of their God and the charge of the purification,
according to the command of David and Solomon his son. 46 For in the days of David and Asaph of old there were chiefs of the singers, and songs of praise and thanksgiving to God.

The ordinances of David facilitated the transition to the Temple centered worship,
The "ordinances of" David is not mean the same thing as the "order of" Melchizedek, or David.
along with the foreshadowing
of the church's role of offering "the sacrifice of praise". The order of the priesthood was established by divisions,
or courses, 24 in all. This ordering was centered on Temple worship, where the people were required to make

Melchizedek went out to meet Abram! Until the Lord fulfilled His promises to A, I, and J by taking Israel out of Egypt
and established His covenant with them, there was to our knowledge limited contact between the Lord, and a chosen few.
How do we see this order of Melchizedek, of a priesthood that goes out to meet the people, being played out on earth in Christ?

Matthew 28:
18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen.
And yet, in the Millennial kingdom, the people of all the nations that remain are required to make a pilgrimage
And now you are using personal interpretation of prohetic riddles not spoken clearly (Nu 12:8) as contra-NT doctrine of the one and only everlasting (Lk 1:33) kingdom of God here now (Lk 11:20, Mt 12:28). And it being everlasting necessrily rules out any other kindgom ever.

And thus misunderstanding of a simple phrase, "in the order of" leads to contradiction of a major NT doctrine, the establishment of the everlasting (Lk 1:33) kingdom of God at Christ's first coming. (Lk 11:20, Mt 12:28)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because the focal point, apex, and central Person of the Bible is Christ, a number of OT figures
are only recorded to point to Christ in some way.

Such is the case of the mysterious Priest of the Most high Melchizedek of Genesis.

1.) He is a priest before the Levitical priests.
2.) No geneology for him makes him like a perpetual priest from eternity.

3.) When Abraham went to fight to recover kidnapped people by four kings following Chedorlaomer.
But He, because He abides forever, has His priesthood unalterable.

The energy, power, skill and victory Abraham secured seems DUE to the interceding of this Melchizdek.

4.) The victory in battle and energized through the priestly intercession of this priest has to do
with God recovering the earth.

5.) Melchizedek is only important with his sketchy background because he is type of Jesus Christ.
Like one of the angels, he comes and does his thing and is gotten out of the way so as not to longer distract us.

6.) He proves that there is an "order" of divine priesthood transcending the qualifications of the Levitical priests.
Christ the Son of God is like this mysterious non-Levitical High Priest related to the whole earth.

If you can receive it, the significance of Melchizedek offering bread and wine to the victorious Abraham must
remind us of Christ offering Himself symbolized in bread and wine before His great victory at Calvary.

He points to the Son of God.
Precious little else is revealed about Melchizedek other than this function to foreshadow the perpetual High Priest of Jesus Christ.

For it is testified, “You are a Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.” (Heb. 7:17)

The Son lives forever to intercede that man be saved to the UTTERMOST.
His priesthood is by the power of an indistructible life, interceding for us unto eternity.

But He, because He abides forever, has His priesthood unalterable.
Hence also He is able to save to the uttermost those who come forward to God
through Him, since He lives always to intercede for them. (Heb. 7:24,25)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Peter 2:

Nehemiah 12:

The ordinances of David facilitated the transition to the Temple centered worship, along with the foreshadowing

Matthew 28:

Because when He sent his messengers to them, they did not answer.

What is being overlooked is; why God would send His priest to Abram at this particular time?

Consider what this blessing would mean for a man who was committed to walking in righteousness before God.
He felt that his hand had been forced by the abduction of Lot, but his heart would surely have been heavy after
having participated in a slaughter. The joy of victory would have been tempered by the burden of shedding blood.
For the priest of the Most High to come to him and bless him, would have given him the peace of mind he needed,
to know that he remained in God's favor.

"the order of" in the Hebrew dibra is also translated estate and cause.

Job 5:8 But as for me, I would seek God,
And to God I would commit my cause

Ecclesiastes 3:18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men,
that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they are beasts.

A man without the spirit of God is merely a beast. Worse, if he receives power from the darkness, he is Satan's beast!
Hebrews 7 informs us that the cause and estate of Melchizedek is expressed through his name.
2 to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated king of righteousness,
and then also king of Salem, meaning king of peace,

Abram's actions were justified by the blessing of righteousness and peace.
The kingdom of heaven under the New Covenant is righteousness and peace,
along with joy of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 14:17
Hope that someone can explain the following ?

#1 When reading 1 Peter 2:9 it has the word ARE which not in the Greek text .

#2 The word ARE is italicize .

#3 The BODY OF CHRIST is not called a NATION / ETHNOS .

#4 Have not seen a verse that says the so-called christian church is founded upon the order of Melchizedek ?

#5 But the Israel is promised to be kings and priests in Ex 19:6 and also in Rev 1:6 .

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hope that someone can explain the following ?

#1 When reading 1 Peter 2:9 it has the word ARE which not in the Greek text .

#2 The word ARE is italicize ."
"Are" is understood in 1 Pe 2:9, and italicized to show that it was added.
#3 The BODY OF CHRIST is not called a NATION / ETHNOS .
The body of Christ is the true Israel, which was a nation.
#4 Have not seen a verse that says the so-called christian church is founded upon the order of Melchizedek ?
Unless one means it was founded upon Christ, who is of the order of Melchizedek.
#5 But the Israel is promised to be kings and priests in Ex 19:6 and also in Rev 1:6 .
That would be the church in Christ.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Are" is understood in 1 Pe 2:9, and italicized to show that it was added.

The body of Christ is the true Israel, which was a nation.

Unless one means it was founded upon Christ, who is of the order of Melchizedek.

That would be the church in Christ.
The Greek word for ARE / ESTE and did not see the Greek word ARE / ESTE in 1 Peter 2:9 , nor see it in the LXX TEXT .

In John 11:48 , 50 , 51 , 52 Israel is called a NATION / ETHNOS .

The B O C are never called kings and priest .

The B O C is called a NEW CREATION .

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Greek word for ARE / ESTE and did not see the Greek word ARE / ESTE in 1 Peter 2:9 , nor see it in the LXX TEXT .
You'll see it in 1 Pe 2:5.
In John 11:48 , 50 , 51 , 52 Israel is called a NATION / ETHNOS .

The B O C are never called kings and priest .
The body of Christ is called kingdom and priests (Rev 1:6, 5:10), holy priesthood (1 Pe 2:5), priests (Rev 20:6).
The B O C is called a NEW CREATION .

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You'll see it in 1 Pe 2:5.

The body of Christ is called kingdom and priests (Rev 1:6, 5:10), holy priesthood (1 Pe 2:5), priests (Rev 20:6).
And , since reading your reply , you are then REIGNING ON EARTH , because Rev 5:10 that says And hast made us unto our God kings and priests , and we shall REIGN ON THR EARTH .

Alll believers saved by the GRACE OF GOD , Eph 2:8 and Rom 10:9 have left the earth to GOVERN the UNIVERSE and ANGELS , and will want to REIGN on EARTH or REIGN , high up in the UNIVERSE ????????????

dan p

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And , since reading your reply , you are then REIGNING ON EARTH , because Rev 5:10 that says And hast made us unto our God kings and priests , and we shall REIGN ON THR EARTH .

Alll believers saved by the GRACE OF GOD , Eph 2:8 and Rom 10:9 have left the earth to GOVERN the UNIVERSE and ANGELS , and will want to REIGN on EARTH or REIGN , high up in the UNIVERSE ????????????

dan p
Hi dan,

The word in the GK. is `epi` meaning `on or over.` To know which we need more scriptures.

THE BODY OF CHRIST`S INHERITANCE IS IN HEAVEN.

Our inheritance, our hope, our place, our citizenship, all of which are IN HEAVEN.

`...to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you.` (1 Peter 1: 4 )

` ...because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of truth..`(Col. 1: 5)

` ...and raised us up together and made to sit in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.`(Eph. 2: 6)

` For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly await for the saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 3: 20)

(New King James)

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And , since reading your reply , you are then REIGNING ON EARTH , because Rev 5:10 that says And hast made us unto our God kings and priests , and we shall REIGN ON THE EARTH .
Does it say when?

Last edited:
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does it say when?
2 Thess 2:1 Now we ask you , brethren , on account of THE COMING/ PAROUSIA , of the Lord Jesus Christ , even our gathering together unto Him .

Verse 2 , In order for you NOT / ME is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE and it means NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT to be quickly DISTURBED out of your MIND , meaning the BODY OF CHRIST , neither by spirit , not by LETTER as by us , as that DAY of the LORD is close at hand .

We have been waiting 2000 years , and the way things are today , maybe tomorrow ?

dan p

Upvote 0