Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And saying "we are created in God's image", it sounds fancy, but just as saying "the bible says so", it doesn't just make the act ok to do.

I mentioned this above but ISIS might say that, "the quran says so" when it comes to beheading americans. But that doesn't just erase the crime.

And we could say, well we are Christian, so we know better. But still, this is just a lazy response. Because we are sure ISIS could and would and likely has simply said that "we are Muslim, so we know better" too.

To really gauge the situation, We have to go beyond a subjective interpretation of scriptures, And we need to look at the physical facts and reality of the situation.

We all mutually understand that pain and suffering are bad things. Whether you believe it's from the Christian God or the Muslim God or any other God or no God at all.

It's a mutual experience. So none can fairly say, that abortion is wrong (especially in cases where the embryo is non sentient and doesn't feel pain, or if a mother's life is at risk), and then turn and shoot a deer through the spinal cord with an arrow, for fun. The cognitive dissonance cannot be more blatant.

I think all pro-life proponents, if they are truly pro-life, should put down their hunting rifles and bows today. Should consider protecting wildlife refuges, even in the face of expanded oil and gas drilling.

Trump administration rushes to sell oil rights in Arctic National Wildlife Refuge - Alaska Public Media

Should reflect on the odd predicament that we are in where we have evolved from lower animals, yet obliterate them by the millions every day. Indeed, we are animals ourselves (despite people's unwillingness to embrace this reality).

And give some heart to these topics.

And the moment that happens, that is when the pro-life movement will truly win. But until then, the cognitive dissonance will remain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
And saying "we are created in God's image", it sounds fancy, but just as saying "the bible says so", it doesn't just make the act ok to do.
What act?

I mentioned this above but ISIS might say that, "the quran says so" when it comes to beheading americans. But that doesn't just erase the crime.
Nobody suggested it did.

And we could say, well we are Christian, so we know better. But still, this is just a lazy response.
What makes it lazy? As a Christian, I do know better. So when an atheist says that abortion should be acceptable from fertilization all the way through partial-birth, I, as a Christian, do know better.

Because we are sure ISIS could and would and likely has simply said that "we are Muslim, so we know better" too.
Yes, and as Christians, we know that they are wrong. Do you know that they are wrong?

To really gauge the situation, We have to go beyond a subjective interpretation of scriptures, And we need to look at the physical facts and reality of the situation.
What does that mean? Does that mean we disregard what Scripture says? Does that mean Scripture is secondary to our personal opinions?

So none can fairly say, that abortion is wrong (especially in cases where the embryo is non sentient and doesn't feel pain, or if a mother's life is at risk), and then turn and shoot a deer through the spinal cord with an arrow, for fun. The cognitive dissonance cannot be more blatant.
Nobody has suggested that it is acceptable to ever shoot a deer for fun. Who are you talking to?

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting. I have a feeling you don't actually know anyone who hunts deer. I do. Lots of them, and for many many years. I don't know of a single instance, not a single one, where the deer that was killed was not processed for food. And in the instances in which the hunter didn't need or want the meat for food, it was donated to the local food pantry.

Yes, and it should be more than "some people" It should be all Christians. It should be all Christians because we know that all human beings are created in the Image of God and possess inherent moral worth and value. No Christian should support the 98.5% of abortions performed for convenience reasons.

Well sure, God said it was OK to kill animals. He also said it wasn't OK to kill humans. So that sounds pretty consistent to me!

You keep repeating this, and I find it odd. As a Christian, isn't it important to you what the Bible says? If "The Bible says so", isn't that sort of something we should obey and follow? Are you suggesting that Scripture somehow isn't meant to be an authority in our lives? Is Scripture more of a guidebook where we can pick and choose what we like out of it? You keep saying this "because the Bible says so" quote as if it somehow is meant to refute people who quote Scripture. I don't get it.

Should I reject what Scripture says about us being unique creations, alone in His Image?

Should I reject the Scripture that says we are free to kill and eat animals and that we are to subdue and rule over creation?

You haven’t provided and actionable alternatives or interpretations of Scripture to go by.

Would you tell us how you interpret the passages I quoted about animals?

Genesis 1:28 God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

Genesis 9:1-3 And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. "The fear of you and the terror of you will be on every beast of the earth and on every bird of the sky; with everything that creeps on the ground, and all the fish of the sea, into your hand they are given. "Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you

Acts 10:9-16 On the next day, as they were on their way and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. But he became hungry and was desiring to eat; but while they were making preparations, he fell into a trance; and he *saw the sky opened up, and an object like a great sheet coming down, lowered by four corners to the ground, and there were in it all kinds of four-footed animals and crawling creatures of the earth and birds of the air. A voice came to him, "Get up, Peter, kill and eat!" But Peter said, "By no means, Lord, for I have never eaten anything unholy and unclean." Again a voice came to him a second time, "What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy." This happened three times, and immediately the object was taken up into the sky.

And I love how, while quoting me, you leave out all the bloody details of my actual post. Perfect. As if you are fully aware of the terror that I am describing. Just an observation.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What act?

Nobody suggested it did.

What makes it lazy? As a Christian, I do know better. So when an atheist says that abortion should be acceptable from fertilization all the way through partial-birth, I, as a Christian, do know better.

Yes, and as Christians, we know that they are wrong. Do you know that they are wrong?

What does that mean? Does that mean we disregard what Scripture says? Does that mean Scripture is secondary to our personal opinions?

Nobody has suggested that it is acceptable to ever shoot a deer for fun. Who are you talking to?

What makes you think that your claim holds more water than a Muslims?

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
And I love how, while quoting me, you leave out all the bloody details of my actual post. Perfect. As if you are fully aware of the terror that I am describing. Just an observation.
Do you not realize that nobody disagrees with you that treating animals humanely is a good thing? Nobody has tried to argue against that.
What makes you think that your claim holds more water than a Muslims?
Hopefully for similar reasons that you think your claims as a Christian hold more water than a Muslims? Again you don't sound like a Christian. Are you just saying you are one to post in this section?

And again, you obviously just want to talk about animals and how you don't believe Scripture and you believe that we are on the same moral plane as the rest of the animal kingdom. That would make for a good discussion in itself, I recommend you make a relevant topic to discuss it.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you not realize that nobody disagrees with you that treating animals humanely is a good thing? Nobody has tried to argue against that.
Hopefully for similar reasons that you think your claims as a Christian hold more water than a Muslims? Again you don't sound like a Christian. Are you just saying you are one to post in this section?

And again, you obviously just want to talk about animals and how you don't believe Scripture and you believe that we are on the same moral plane as the rest of the animal kingdom. That would make for a good discussion in itself, I recommend you make a relevant topic to discuss it.

I see a lot of talking but not surprisingly, no answer to the question.

I rest my case.

These topics are relevant to the topic of abortion, because it points out how some people call themselves "pro-life" and will fight tooth and nail to protect a non-sentient, non-pain experiencing, non-fear experiencing embryo (even in the face of danger to the mother or in cases of rape), but will then turn and say that it's ok to shoot a pain feeling, fear and suffering experiencing deer in the spinal cord or lungs, literally for sport (not even necessary for survival), and that this logic is all ok because "the Bible said so". No further justification needed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I see a lot of talking but not surprisingly, no answer to the question.

I rest my case.
Yes, that describes how you handle a lot of your responses. Especially when cited material from both science and Scripture is presented.

• Haha
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@FuggySevant, I am being authentic. I do not support evil but scripturally I recall in the Bible it says bless and do not curse; however, rebuke is different. I only recall God being the one who has the authority to curse but if I'm incorrect then I'll let other more learned Christians take over. God bless you

• Prayers
Reactions: FuggySevant
Upvote 0