Kissimmee
✟22,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am 27 and I have mental retardation so it is Impossible for me to tell when someone is lying. When I watch videos on youtube about people who had Heaven visitations (Dreams or Vision), How do I know who is lying and who is telling the truth? or should I trust that everyone is telling the truth?

• Friendly
Reactions: tampasteve

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You cannot know for sure. We can hope that they are real, but short of reading what scripture tells us about Heaven/Paradise we do not know what it will truly look like, making it almost impossible to tell who is telling the truth and who is lying.

Upvote 0

IloveJesus-Ly

Jesus Christ died for our sins.
Dec 27, 2018
Kissimmee
✟22,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You cannot know for sure. We can hope that they are real, but short of reading what scripture tells us about Heaven/Paradise we do not know what it will truly look like, making it almost impossible to tell who is telling the truth and who is lying.
But do you personally believe most are telling the truth?

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I honestly do not know if I do. To complicate the question, I know that there are similar stories from people of other faiths as well. What I do know is that I believe in God and the redemption of Jesus, and try and live my best life now. What Heaven/Paradise looks like, I do not dwell on it.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

IloveJesus-Ly

Dec 27, 2018
Kissimmee
✟22,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I honestly do not know if I do. To complicate the question, I know that there are similar stories from people of other faiths as well. What I do know is that I believe in God and the redemption of Jesus, and try and live my best life now. What Heaven/Paradise looks like, I do not dwell on it.
Dont you think they would be scared of Gods punishment if they lied? And what would they gain from lying?

Sorry. Its difficult when you have brain damage and can only hope everyone is telling the truth. My life is very hard.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,930.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
We have the promises that God will create a new heaven and a new earth, which is enough.

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. - Isaiah 65:17

For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him. - Isaiah 64:4

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. - 2 Peter 3

Upvote 0

IloveJesus-Ly

Dec 27, 2018
Kissimmee
✟22,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We have the promises that God will create a new heaven and a new earth, which is enough.

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. - Isaiah 65:17

For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him. - Isaiah 64:4

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. - 2 Peter 3
Thank you. That was very heartwarming.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,930.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Dont you think they would be scared of Gods punishment if they lied? And what would they gain from lying?

Sorry. Its difficult when you have brain damage and can only hope everyone is telling the truth. My life is very hard.

You are better to put your trust in God, and not believe everything man tells you. To put your hope in Christ is enough.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not think that most would be lying on purpose. Rather, I think that many are believing their dreams to be something more than a dream, or their experience close to death shakes them in some manner to see what they have already always believed Heaven to look like, but they may not actually be seeing the real Heaven. That said, there are others that post such matter as a joke, but I think those people are much less common.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

IloveJesus-Ly

Dec 27, 2018
Kissimmee
✟22,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not think that most would be lying on purpose. Rather, I think that many are believing their dreams to be something more than a dream, or their experience close to death shakes them in some manner to see what they have already always believed Heaven to look like, but they may not actually be seeing the real Heaven. That said, there are others that post such matter as a joke, but I think those people are much less common.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I am 27 and I have mental retardation so it is Impossible for me to tell when someone is lying. When I watch videos on youtube about people who had Heaven visitations (Dreams or Vision), How do I know who is lying and who is telling the truth? or should I trust that everyone is telling the truth?
DEFINITELY NOT ! Do not trust television ! / internet/ men or women.

"Every man is a liar" is the safest and most common reality to live by in line with ALL SCRIPTURE.

Do not believe what anyone tells you from television, ever,
unless you are able to verify first hand that it is truth.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

Your life is much harder than it ought to be because so many of man's agencies lie to you, to us, to everyone.

Sad, but this is true, as God Says in Scripture.

What would they gain from lying ? M O N E Y ! MONEY ! LOTS OF MONEY!

They think they are doing God's service, or doing what is good, but they are not.

Your only hope is in Jesus, and HIS PROMISE to protect you.

also, someone you know , who really cares for you - you are in a position where you need someone you can trust with all these different things....

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

There is no way of knowing. Stick with what you for sure know.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

1 Corinthians 8:6
Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

1 John 4:16
So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him

Amen and God Bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

I do. There are many who are pressing in to God, and these are the ones who are experiencing these visions or transportations.

God hates scoffers, so I believe them.

Upvote 0

IloveJesus-Ly

Dec 27, 2018
Kissimmee
✟22,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do. There are many who are pressing in to God, and these are the ones who are experiencing these visions or transportations.

God hates scoffers, so I believe them.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I've had heavenly visitations that I believe entirely that it was God. But I've also had other visitations that for a time I believed were God but now I know better. In 1 John 4:1 we learn that not every spirit is from God. And not everyone that gets a visit from a spirit will know if it's God or not. No you don't have to believe everyone. I hope that helps :)

Upvote 0