Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...I think it’s safe to say that Jesus’s profound theological observation—that Satan can’t work against himself—can be applied to the context of modern day miracles as well.

Miracles, like those connected to the appearance or the intercession of the Virgin Mary, cannot possibly be explained as work of Satan. Miracles which, for all intents and purposes, draw millions to Jesus Christ Himself. When I dug deep into the historical miracles of the Catholic Church, especially those connected with the intercession and appearance of the Virgin Mary, I knew I had something enormous to contend with. What I found, dear reader, blew my mind.

As a Protestant, especially a Pentecostal, miracles weren’t something wholly unfamiliar to my faith life or to my understanding of Christianity. Far from it. In the middle years of my University life I attended a charismatic Pentecostal church in town where faith healings, speaking in tongues, and being slain in the Spirit were par for the course in a Sunday evening meeting. I’ve witnesses miracles, to be sure.....

More here

This Protestant Researched Marian Miracles, & What He Learned Blew His Mind | ChurchPOP

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Anything can be faked, whether miracles, speaking in tongues, healing or driving out demons. Are they all faked by Satan? Not necessarily. Human ego, greed, or even desire for attention can account for many of them.

God is not the author of confusion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Usually, the fakery comes in the story. It's claimed that a miracle occurred, and then it's asked how that can be explained. The answer is usually that the so-called miracle is mythical or has been recast in the telling. This is the case with most of the Marian miracles--the church itself altered the story to make it more convincing and then proclaimed "miracle!"

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟86,244.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

patricius79

Called to Jesus Through Mary
Sep 10, 2009
✟21,391.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

patricius79

Sep 10, 2009
✟21,391.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Usually, the fakery comes in the story. It's claimed that a miracle occurred, and then it's asked how that can be explained. The answer is usually that the so-called miracle is mythical or has been recast in the telling. This is the case with most of the Marian miracles--the church itself altered the story to make it more convincing and then proclaimed "miracle!"

How do you know "the church itself altered the story"?

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

patricius79

Sep 10, 2009
✟21,391.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because there have been instances where the original version of events was changed by the church, which then made the altered version the official one.

What are these instances where the original versions of events was changed by the Church?

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟174,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I didn't know that the body of St. Catherine Laboure is still in incorrupt. That's interesting. I love the Miraculous Medal as well as the devotion to Our Lady of Guadalupe.

I 100% believe everything regarding Our Lady of Guadalupe. It has the ring of truth to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟174,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would recommend that you read about the events that happened at Fatima even atheists and Freemasons saw the miracle of the sun

I don't doubt Fatima occurred. I simply doubt how the Catholic Church interpreted everything.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟174,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
fair enough
the interpretation of any private revelation up for debate, do you mind elaborating?
I don't really want to start a debate. I do believe the events at Fatima occurred though.

ETA- Okay, I'll mention a little. It's been a while since I've read details so I may be a little confused. I think it was a warning directly relating to what would happen to the Orthodox Church in Russia. Fatima occurred weeks before the communists took over, iirc. I think the visions they had showing priests dying, et cetera, were related to the martyrdoms of all of the faithful under communist rule. Russia had been well known for its devotion to the Theotokos prior to communism, but there had been a gradual turning away from the Christian faith. I think the warning was for the Church to repent and fix things, Orthodox, Catholic, et cetera, and the burden was on the faithful everywhere to pray for their return to Christ. I think the message was muddled and ignored and distorted- and there was no reason for all of that. Too many people think it means it was specifically for Russia to turn to Rome, and I don't think that was it at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Satan can , has and does imitate the miracles of God ... after all his goal is to take the eyes of the viewers off Christ..
A house divided against itself won't stand. Satan won't do anything that points people to the Lord... which is precisely what Our Lady of Guadalupe did. The Franciscans had been there for several years but hadn't made much progress in terms of converting people to Christianity. After Our Lady of Guadalupe though, the country went from being predominantly non-Christian to predominantly Christian in about ten years. Satan wouldn't do that since it works against his own purposes. Our Lady of Guadalupe always had a very solid ring of truth to it. I totally buy that it happened.

Upvote 0