USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, how astute. Life is hard, so if an employer wants you publicly flogged for what you do in your off hours (even though it’s legal)… Shrug… It’s life.

If you think that’s life, demand better from the people around you and for yourself. Your standards are too low.
Maybe you think so but I'm a leader and not a follower so maybe my view is different from the top.

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
LoL, harassing you? Oh brother. You judged me, my faith, and then tried to gaslight me, then you played victim when I pointed it out. LoL, whatever dude. Go ahead and block me. Your loss is absolutely my gain.

Reported and Ignored.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh my, that was quite the virtue signal… You both managed to cast judgment on me while praising yourself. Go you.

But it’s also exactly the reason I am not going to somebody outside of the law to decide, mediate, or make the judgment on any legal proceedings I find myself in. With no information, you’ve arrived at your conclusion of who I am and what behaviors I model, which is why I’m going to leave the legal disputes to be handled by actual experts who are knowledgeable in both law and any case before them.

I'm sure those passages in I Corinthians are referring to actual Christians, not the church-goers we see today. Actual Christians should be willing to keep each other in line and settle disputes among members. The judgments cast upon us are often self-imposed by our careless speech. I don't have to attend a church to worship God. I would like to find a comfortable place in which to worship in fellowship with others, it is simply a discouraging search for quality houses of worship in America today. Politics will have no place in my church.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
YEAH!
HALLELUYAH!
LoL, Oh brother. You judged me, my faith, and then tried to gaslight me, then you played victim when I pointed it out. LoL, whatever dude. Go ahead and block me. Your loss is absolutely my gain.!!!

I'm not sure you understand your bible.

Ecclesiastes 7:5.

Reactions: Oneofhope
Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure those passages in I Corinthians are referring to actual Christians, not the church-goers we see today. Actual Christians should be willing to keep each other in line and settle disputes among members. The judgments cast upon us are often self-imposed by our careless speech. I don't have to attend a church to worship God. I would like to find a comfortable place in which to worship in fellowship with others, it is simply a discouraging search for quality houses of worship in America today. Politics will have no place in my church.
What Understanding! What Knowledge! What Wisdom!

You, my friend . . . sound like you have genuine Fear of the Lord, which is the healthy mindset of a true Child of God.

Outstanding post.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What Understanding! What Knowledge! What Wisdom!

You, my friend . . . sound like you have genuine Fear of the Lord, which is the healthy mindset of a true Child of God.

Outstanding post.

I am a grasshopper still learning to hop. God has blessed me with faith and I am finally learning what this entails. Wisdom is the fear of God. Job 28:28.

He has given me a second chance at salvation and I am willing to give my free will to Him in exchange for my salvation. I love the part where God allows us to live free of fear from the mortal world. Yet I am learning to fear God. Thank you for the kind words. I don't post often due to reasons you mentioned haha. Have a great day my friend.

Reactions: Oneofhope
Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I am a grasshopper still learning to hop. God has blessed me with faith and I am finally learning what this entails. Wisdom is the fear of God. Job 28:28.

He has given me a second chance at salvation and I am willing to give my free will to Him in exchange for my salvation. I love the part where God allows us to live free of fear from the mortal world. Yet I am learning to fear God. Thank you for the kind words. I don't post often due to reasons you mentioned haha. Have a great day my friend.

Fear Of The Lord:

Unless we have an incredibly profound and Spiritual experience, Fear of the Lord is difficult to obtain. What I recommend is that people begin reading the Bible in a timeline, chronological order and take note (if not catalog) every piece of Scripture that can be identified as the Power of God. All throughout the Old Testament we find that God is in control of nearly all events, including the minds of the Israelites, the Seven Nations, and the Gentiles. We find that God even control animals and incredible, he controls the earth (things that are dead).

The entire Bible revolves around the Power of God, but this is not taught in our churches of today. But if it could somehow be impressed into us, this notion that God is in control of all things, this concept alone can help to develop a healthy and genuine Fear of the Lord. When we realize that our lungs take in air because the Lord allows it, we will learn to speak and write to each other with dignity, honor and respect.

You are doing great already! Much respect to you.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe you think so but I'm a leader and not a follower so maybe my view is different from the top.
I hold an upper management position, actually.

Not only do I not publicly flog my employees on or off the clock, I don’t shame them for being “followers” and not “leaders” because of where they are in the corporate ladder. Nor would I attempt to shame anybody for not holding a leadership position in any job they have. As somebody in a leadership position, I know the only reason I’m a “leader” is because of the “followers.”

So, again, if public flogging is something you view as a fact-of-life, demand better. And if you’re the leader who does it, do better. Management 101: praise publicly, correct privately.

Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

YorkieGal

Glory to God
Sep 6, 2023
USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hold an upper management position, actually.

Not only do I not publicly flog my employees on or off the clock, I don’t shame them for being “followers” and not “leaders” because of where they are in the corporate ladder. Nor would I attempt to shame anybody for not holding a leadership position in any job they have. As somebody in a leadership position, I know the only reason I’m a “leader” is because of the “followers.”

So, again, if public flogging is something you view as a fact-of-life, demand better. And if you’re the leader who does it, do better. Management 101: praise publicly, correct privately.
I really don't care about what you do or don't do and didn't ask your opinion about mine.

Your opinion has no bearing or relevance on my view.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I tend to think it’s more a holdover from when arbitration and law was not standardized and had no oversight. In a situation where your legal arbitration comes from layman of the law or laymen of the church, the oversight and commonality of the church/faith was the equalizer.

Now, application of the law has oversight. Those who practice it go to various schools to learn how to apply it evenly and universally, and everybody offers their advice and services based off of the commonality of standardized practices.

The other thing that exists now that didn’t exist then… Democracy. The Bible is full of cautionary tales in what happens when one relies on the powers that be (royalty, appointed officials, those who seize power through conflict) for arbitration. When that is your judicial structure, then relying on internal modes of justice just makes more sense.

But these days? Nobody says (or should say) they’d rely on a church for legal resolutions. There is no standardization in the church that meets the level of universality that the legal system we have now. And, most importantly, the law overrides the ruling of the church. What the church decides has to be supported by law and, if it’s not, it’s void. So having a lawsuit settled there is non binding and, in the case of financial payouts and restitution, it likely won’t be accepted by third parties.

If I get into a car accident and sue the person who hit me for injuries and I say to my insurance company “don’t sweat it, we worked out payments and restitution via the church legal system so it’s settled,” they’ll say “that’s cute, tell them we’ll see them in court.” Or they’ll say “cool, but now we are dumping your coverage because you’re not supposed to take deals without going through us.”

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really don't care about what you do or don't do and didn't ask your opinion about mine.

That’s weird… When you bragged about your “view from the top” and demeaned people not in leadership positions (and assumed me to be one), I had a remarkably similar thought.

But the difference is I really don’t care, whereas because you’re the one who introduced the topic and did so as a flex that makes you superior, you apparently do. And since you brought it up, and because I’m awesome in my management and leadership role, I figured I’d share.

Should have guessed from our past interactions that it was info I was supposed to just be in awe of and accept at face value as proof of your authority, not an actual discussion point.

Maybe next time a simple “I’m better than you because I say so and I don’t care about any contributions that don’t reaffirm that” would save us all a lot of time and be more honest.

Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

YorkieGal

Glory to God
Sep 6, 2023
USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s weird… When you bragged about your “view from the top” and demeaned people not in leadership positions (and assumed me to be one), I had a remarkably similar thought.

But the difference is I really don’t care, whereas because you’re the one who introduced the topic and did so as a flex that makes you superior, you apparently do. And since you brought it up, and because I’m awesome in my management and leadership role, I figured I’d share.

Should have guessed from our past interactions that it was info I was supposed to just be in awe of and accept at face value as proof of your authority, not an actual discussion point.

Maybe next time a simple “I’m better than you because I say so and I don’t care about any contributions that don’t reaffirm that” would save us all a lot of time and be more honest.

You talk a lot and say little of substance.

I know it might hurt that I don't care about what you said, or why, but it's a forum. Self validation can be found outside of the internet if you try hard enough. Maybe even in your 'upper management position'.

All the best.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You talk a lot and say little of substance.

I know it might hurt that I don't care about what you said, or why, but it's a forum. Self validation can be found outside of the internet if you try hard enough.

Whoops, looks like you @ me for what was meant to be your own internal self reflection about your own behavior… I know that wasn’t meant for me since I’m not particularly concerned with getting validation from somebody who’s contributed nothing the discussion beyond dropping insults and prideful brags about themselves like it means anything.

In fact, I’m pretty sure you know that as I’ve told you before when you get on these tangents of yours.

• Prayers
Reactions: YorkieGal
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I tend to think it’s more a holdover from when arbitration and law was not standardized and had no oversight. In a situation where your legal arbitration comes from layman of the law or laymen of the church, the oversight and commonality of the church/faith was the equalizer.

Now, application of the law has oversight. Those who practice it go to various schools to learn how to apply it evenly and universally, and everybody offers their advice and services based off of the commonality of standardized practices.

The other thing that exists now that didn’t exist then… Democracy. The Bible is full of cautionary tales in what happens when one relies on the powers that be (royalty, appointed officials, those who seize power through conflict) for arbitration. When that is your judicial structure, then relying on internal modes of justice just makes more sense.

But these days? Nobody says (or should say) they’d rely on a church for legal resolutions. There is no standardization in the church that meets the level of universality that the legal system we have now. And, most importantly, the law overrides the ruling of the church. What the church decides has to be supported by law and, if it’s not, it’s void. So having a lawsuit settled there is non binding and, in the case of financial payouts and restitution, it likely won’t be accepted by third parties.

If I get into a car accident and sue the person who hit me for injuries and I say to my insurance company “don’t sweat it, we worked out payments and restitution via the church legal system so it’s settled,” they’ll say “that’s cute, tell them we’ll see them in court.” Or they’ll say “cool, but now we are dumping your coverage because you’re not supposed to take deals without going through us.”

This raises some interesting points. I understand how American law supercedes church rulings. But God supercedes authority of man. We should obey God rather than men. Faithful people act in ways to benefit others, not ourselves. Alas, Selfishness is not limited to the secular world. And likely a reason I can't find a comfortable church in which to worship God. I do believe my bible. I have never needed the courts anyhow. I could have sued people plenty of times for breaking contracts, damages etc. Money is not my priority, nor has it ever been.

I realize I am a bit different than the average American. I didn't realize how much different until I joined this site and Mr Trump became president haha. I really don't sweat the everyday stressors that plague many Americans. I appreciate your reply. You make valid points. I guess I am blessed to have never needed courts to settle my quarrels. I wish you well.

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others

Please pardon the person's emoji that reflects such extreme laughter that it emotes tears. This person is allowed to harass and mock in this manner . . . it isn't entirely their fault. Leadership at this site is obligated to correct this lack of maturity.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please pardon the person's emoji that reflects such extreme laughter that it emotes tears. This person is allowed to harass and mock in this manner . . . it isn't entirely their fault. Leadership at this site is obligated to correct this lack of maturity.

Thank you for continuing to reinforce why I don’t need or want “Christians” to be arbiters of law.

And after this little outburst, I also think you don’t get to make anymore “I’m a better person and Christian” judgments against me or anybody else for that matter.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This raises some interesting points. I understand how American law supercedes church rulings. But God supercedes authority of man. We should obey God rather than men. Faithful people act in ways to benefit others, not ourselves. Alas, Selfishness is not limited to the secular world. And likely a reason I can't find a comfortable church in which to worship God. I do believe my bible. I have never needed the courts anyhow. I could have sued people plenty of times for breaking contracts, damages etc. Money is not my priority, nor has it ever been.

I realize I am a bit different than the average American. I didn't realize how much different until I joined this site and Mr Trump became president haha. I really don't sweat the everyday stressors that plague many Americans. I appreciate your reply. You make valid points. I guess I am blessed to have never needed courts to settle my quarrels. I wish you well.
God overrules man, but Romans 13 1-6 also says to submit to authority. It is acknowledged that when we live under God within a system built by man, we can’t ignore that system of authority. It’s the equalizer between religious and secular, it makes sure the secular gets a voice and fair treatment by religious leaders, but also makes sure secular people don’t stamp out the religious. It’s a symbiotic relationship.

We’ve had to rely on the courts for arbitration in divorce and child custody… Religiously, had we had a hardline religious execution of the law, the end results may have been very different. I’m glad that in a country that supports freedom of all religions and that there are as many different types of Christians there are, secular law is able to weigh in. Not that we wander to court and the arbitrators of my husband’s custody case issued the decree that the solution was that his divorce was unbiblical and he was to go back to his first wife and I was to go back to my first husband.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,236.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
This raises some interesting points. I understand how American law supercedes church rulings. But God supercedes authority of man. We should obey God rather than men.
It does raise interesting points, I agree.
The way I look at it from a religious perspective, and from someone who put "Other Religion" in my profile, I'd much rather follow secular law than how I believe the Christian's image of how God's authority should be executed in our society. Secular law is a good neutral way that I believe works for the majority.

Upvote 0