Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The normal confusion, is that, when you go through challenges in life, you start to feel the prescence, of a god. Then, perhaps you have a spiritual experience with god. Then, later, you realise that the god was you after all, so you tell people that god is yourself, and you lie about the spirtiual experiences because you want to believe, when it was just you trying to see something, so your mind made it real. We have to have this out of the way first to believe I think, what do you think?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The normal confusion, is that, when you go through challenges in life, you start to feel the prescence, of a god. Then, perhaps you have a spiritual experience with god. Then, later, you realise that the god was you after all, so you tell people that god is yourself, and you lie about the spirtiual experiences because you want to believe, when it was just you trying to see something, so your mind made it real. We have to have this out of the way first to believe I think, what do you think?
God came in the Flesh, Jesus Christ of Nazareth . He is not an experience, He is relational. He is our God seeking to restore His connection with mankind through His Holy Spirit , made possible by Jesus Christ of Nazareth. If the seeker only seeks an "experience" then the first step to actally know Him is averted. It is like getting the prize before the race has begun. Seek Him without expectations and learn to love who He is first.
Blessings

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

What do I think? Well, on an experiential level, I can understand very well the atheist's position since my life hasn't been supernatural to any degree as far as I can tell, all of which is one reason I empathize to some degree with that position and with those of various Existentialists.

And I count myself as a Realist.

However, I'm going to go another cognitive and epistemological route. I think assumptions which lead particular folks to conclude that it's turned out "we are god ourselves after all" are, I think, not as cogent or as sure as the more hardened atheists would like for everyone else to affirm.

It's too easy of a conclusion, despite the fact that the world is so often and for so many a very hard place to live in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
We have to have this out of the way first to believe I think, what do you think?
I think Jesus was right when HE Said, if you want to follow Me, you must give up everything first.(and not ever go back to it/ to other that is opposed to Jesus)

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Some only require subtle experiences, but there are those that see a move of the spirit that are undeniable. I'm talking about the next level of an awesome God that makes it possible to think it is only Him giving the humility, courage and faith to accept Jesus and start your Christian journey.

Upvote 0

I Am Hugh

Service Android
Sep 27, 2023
Pangaea Proxima
Visit site
✟11,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Celibate

I think what you are talking about is Deus ex machina - a literary device from the Greek theater. God from the machine. A god is introduced by mechanical means to solve a difficulty in the plot. People use that in life, the same as Deus Vult - God wills it. Someone said, I can't remember who, you know you've created your own god when it turns out he hates all the same people you hate. But the question becomes is that really belief? Throughout history there have been gods of good and bad luck. Modern day people use the term without knowing they are petitioning gods. Realistically, in my opinion, there isn't any feeling involved in the real thing. In Bible times God dealt with relatively few people, and out of necessity. For some purpose. Cyrus the Great, for example, was an unbeliever who unwittingly played a huge part in prophecies of the coming Messiah. Today God doesn't need to interfere with people's everyday lives.

But you may actually be closer to referencing the spiritual in a demonic sense. Satan presenting himself as an angel of light. (2 Corinthians 11:14; compare translations)

Upvote 0