Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
You are very WELCOME Norm

So who what when and what are you about then young man ?

May we please, have you introduce yourself a little ?

Hobbies/pastimes, Home-scene,
Employment/responsibility...... ??

I am not asking for the house number or street name
OR... the phone number or anything so-personal

Where abouts are you in the States ? (town/city)
What do you do ?
What do you enjoy ?
etc etc etc etc :D

Please, come in and join us as-much as you wish
as-much as you might care to do so

dave
:wave:

well, my name is Norm

wil be 50 on 9 Nov

I work in a sheet metal production shop/HVAC industry

I make custom downspouts

I am a veteran of 18 yrs total service served (Marines/Army)

Am a recovering alcoholic/addict - been clean and sober 3 yrs last month - note which section I Mod in...;)

Been married more than once.

got 4 kids - 2 are grown and gone, 2 live with thir mom for a couple more years.

no grandkids and in no hurry to be called grandpa!

am single right now and its ok.

I live in Manteca, CA - an hour east of san Fransisco/an hour south of Sacramento

I just started to attend a church on a trial basis several weeks ago and so far its been good. not all chuirches are open to having a recovering alcoholic sitting amongst their folks - found that out thru very personal bitter first hand experpience.

I am not the most social person in the world - prefer the solitude of the mountains that the lights and people of the city. but am branching out more and now working to getting to know folks again.

was a recluse for quite a while after I came home from the service. got out in Dec '00.

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:thumbsup:

Thanks for the update Bro....

I have lots of STUFF on my plate at the mo'

Feeling LED to complete quickly
the necessary foundations in a new project
but will be back to fellowship with you real soon
maybe later for a while

Bro! It really looks as if
you have climbed BACK
into the driving seat of your 'bus'
congratulations and KEEP IT UP
the rewards are like..... blessings

Your GE Friend and Bro'

dave

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
:thumbsup:

Thanks for the update Bro....

I have lots of STUFF on my plate at the mo'

Feeling LED to complete quickly
the necessary foundations in a new project
but will be back to fellowship with you real soon
maybe later for a while

Bro! It really looks as if
you have climbed BACK
into the driving seat of your 'bus'
congratulations and KEEP IT UP
the rewards are like..... blessings

Your GE Friend and Bro'

dave
its a pleasure to meet you.

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, The good fortune to run into the ones that I do, And the eyesight to tell the difference.

That is pretty funny.

It is so cool that you have been sober for 3 whole years. I applaud you. My dad was an alcoholic and never able to kick it completely although I think he made his peace with God jus before he died. It is not an easy life.

It is good that you can help out here in Forums with others who struggle with dependencies. Now that you are in God's eternal kingdom I believe that you will see that He can use you in an even greater way to support others.ll

It is sad that you had that experience in church. After all we have all sinned and fallen short of God's glory and we all struggle with different things as we grow up in our relationship with Jesus.
I will pray you find just the right fellowship both in church and here on forums to strengthen you and encourage you.

I would post more but I have had just a corker of a day and I am bushed..... must head to bed........My brain is beginning to shut down. lol
Blessings

gratefulgrace

Reactions: davedajobauk
Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hi ! :wave: to RadRick

and welcome to GE 50+ Forums
Birthing appears 'normal' per se

and, we are pleased to have you join us also

Please feel at-ease 'immediately' for WE
are all brothers and sisters here

dave

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi, This is a busy place. I just regestered today, just to get a body and other things was a task. But it's done, and i'm glad to be here.
God Bless, Rick:wave:
It took me weeks to get around to finding a character and the blessings to pay for it. You look pretty together. lol

Upvote 0

accidentalchristian

Rolling with the flow
Oct 13, 2007
✟12,539.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi all......i have been checking out various Christian forums around the web & this one seems to be what I am looking for.....

I am from the Texas Panhandle somewhere between Amarillo & Lubbock on one of the shortest interstates in the U.S.

I work the 11pm to 7am shift at our local hospital ER.....it's an interesting place to work, definitely never boring......

I'm looking forward to getting to know you......:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi all......i have been checking out various Christian forums around the web & this one seems to be what I am looking for.....

I am from the Texas Panhandle somewhere between Amarillo & Lubbock on one of the shortest interstates in the U.S.

I work the 11pm to 7am shift at our local hospital ER.....it's an interesting place to work, definitely never boring......

I'm looking forward to getting to know you......:wave:
I accidentalchristian. Your name has me very curious, I am sure there is a story there. Welcome I live on the opposite side of the continent on the Pacific Coast of Canada but there are folks here from Texas, Washington, England and all over the map. I am still working as well and have just turned 59. I notice you said you work in a hospital are you a nurse? doctor? I used to do shifts when I was a nurse but I have a different job now. I enjoy posting and have made a few friends here. Hope you do too. GG

Upvote 0

accidentalchristian

Rolling with the flow
Oct 13, 2007
✟12,539.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I accidentalchristian. Your name has me very curious, I am sure there is a story there. Welcome I live on the opposite side of the continent on the Pacific Coast of Canada but there are folks here from Texas, Washington, England and all over the map. I am still working as well and have just turned 59. I notice you said you work in a hospital are you a nurse? doctor? I used to do shifts when I was a nurse but I have a different job now. I enjoy posting and have made a few friends here. Hope you do too. GG
Thanks for the kind note you sent, gratefulgrace,.......

i have always considered myself an accidental christian.....of course, that is just my perspective.....Christ always intended to draw me to Him......I am so grateful for His grace.....so I really do like YOUR name.....

It's not like I was looking for Him.....I had been an atheist ever since I was in my early twenties.....I had reasoned Him out of existence.......

But my Mother told me she wanted to start back to church, only she wouldn't be able to drive herself.....Being the dutiful, loving daughter that I've always been, I sullenly agreed to give up 1 hour a Sunday & spend it in church......

We visited various churches & but none of them were what she was looking for......Until we ended up at the church that became our home church......Mother loved it & I finally met Jesus.....Right there on the 3rd pew in the center .......In the middle of a loud & joyful praise & worship.....I looked up & He was standing there looking at me with such love in His eyes....It's strange that I had denied His existence for 30 years, but recognized Him immediately.....He leaned down & wrapped His arms around me & said "I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you"......

I was instantly filled with so much love that all the hate, anger, bitterness, sorrow, pain, & shame in me was literally washed out of me......I did a total turn from what I was to a born again Christian on the spot.....

I am an admission clerk in the ER.....On my shift, I register and/or admit everyone who comes through, make sure the OR crew is notified & has responded when there is an emergency surgery needing done, monitor the police scanner & the weather scanner & notify appropriate personnel as needed, plus make sure there is toilet paper in the restrooms & open & slam doors on the copier/printer when it goes on strike......:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Accidentalchristian what a wonderful testimony. I am so glad you now know just how much you are loved. I worked for a few years in a hospital but never in Emergency (except as a student) I don't think I would do well under that kind of pressure.
I left nursing to persue a career that was more conducive to raising my kids in 1984 and it has changed so much even more stressful even on regular wards.

Hi to Sayward and once again to Jeffwo Have you tried out any of the other threads here in GE or in some of the other friendship forums? Jan (aka gratefulgrace)

Upvote 0

rickrit

Oct 11, 2007
✟7,682.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hi
I have been looking at this site for a couple weeks not knowing exactly what to do or how to do it
I thought it was a "horse" site but I don't see much about horses I realize that's not the "only" topic but I was looking for some support on my renewed venture!!
I've gone to all the "help" places and even asked for help but I don't understand...I'm not even sure if I'm on the right place for thisI am truly sorry for being so ignorant but well ...I am!!
I don't understand blessings or the avatars or what you do to get them I can't private message cause I don't have enough posts I'm hoping this one counts
I'd appreciate any help anyone would give
thanks
Rita

Upvote 0