Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Oh, sing to the Lord a new song! Sing to the Lord, all the earth." Psa 96:1

Not gifted in this area but found it doesn't really take that much to sing a new song. The lyrics can be changed, even the slightest, and creates a song that's never been sung to Yahweh before. Singing to an audience of One.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
"Oh, sing to the Lord a new song! Sing to the Lord, all the earth." Psa 96:1

Not gifted in this area but found it doesn't really take that much to sing a new song. The lyrics can be changed, even the slightest, and creates a song that's never been sung to Yahweh before. Singing to an audience of One.
Yes! Yes! How wonderful to 'sing to the LORD,praise His name,proclaim His salvation day after day' (Psalms 96:2) God has done so much for us!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Marvelous! Is there anything that ministers like that of a new song of praise? I have thought, no, there isn't short of becoming a new creation.

Once several years ago (and still does), some specific J.M. Talbot's work so ministered to me, so I studied the effect over the next five-years. Some might see this as spoiling worship, but after all; what exactly is "new" when dealing with the "patience of the saints"?

The melodies grew old but never lost their impact, because it seems spiritual songs help us to enter in, assisting us to His feet, which is wonderful, holy and inspirational.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I Sam 30:6 David and his men's families had been taken, their homes burnt, then his men talked about stoning him. It says he cried til he couldn't cry anymore. Then he encouraged himself in The Lord. I've wondered if Psa 9:2 guided him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I Sam 30:6 David and his men's families had been taken, their homes burnt, then his men talked about stoning him. It says he cried til he couldn't cry anymore. Then he encouraged himself in The Lord. I've wondered if Psalms 9:2 guided him.
Amen! 'I will praise You,O LORD with all my heart. I will tell of all Your wonders' (Psalms 9:1)

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
sing-to-the-lord-a-new-song-psalm-96-1.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes!

When we think of all that Yahweh has done and doing includes "The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing" Zeph 3:17 Yes, it's amazing!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
When we think of all that Yahweh has done and doing includes "The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing" Zeph 3:17 Yes, it's amazing!
This is the most wonderful verse!
Psalm 147:11
He takes pleasure in those that honour him;
in those who trust in his constant love

Upvote 0