Visit site
✟15,751.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
As my first post as a soon to be back in church Christian. I have relizied that my life felt incomplete so I have givien my life back to Jesus. As a new Christian I feel great and this forum really helped in my path back to God and I fell better with every passing minute.
Man I need help out of this ditch can someone please give me the guidence I need so bad right now?

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
americanhardcoreatheist said:
As my first post as a soon to be back in church Christian. I have relizied that my life felt incomplete so I have givien my life back to Jesus. As a new Christian I feel great and this forum really helped in my path back to God and I fell better with every passing minute.
Man I need help out of this ditch can someone please give me the guidence I need so bad right now?
I will be glad to help in any way possible. What is your question or issue? Feel free to PM me if it is private.

BTW, Welcome to the family. Prepare to be spoiled as our newest baby brother! :)

Lisa

Upvote 0
Mar 5, 2006
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟15,751.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I must say it like like this big burden has been lifted from me...now what church should I go to. I don't even know what church to go to tomarrow. Would God forgive me if i didn't go to church because I don't know which one to go to? Im so confused. I think I'll go pray maybe that will help.

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I must say it like like this big burden has been lifted from me...now what church should I go to. I don't even know what church to go to tomarrow. Would God forgive me if i didn't go to church because I don't know which one to go to? Im so confused. I think I'll go pray maybe that will help.
Dear brother in Christ,

Wow! Praise God, and the angels have rejoiced over you. No, God would not be mad at your if you don't go to church tomorrow. You want to find a Christ centered bible teaching church. The yellow pages might help, and then you can call and ask to speak to a pastor perhaps. Is there an Evangelical Free church in your area? They are non denominational, in the yellow pages. I have known them to be solid churches. Boy, I'm on line so pm if you like or write here, and I will reply.

Start reading the bible, can start in the book of John. Ask God for direction, and man how neat that a weight was lifted off you.

Blessings to you brother, ganaan

Upvote 0

Deb7777

Oct 6, 2005
✟16,295.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi American, The Lord does love you and wants you to keep moving forward. He will present you to the Father as another Son and your inheritance will be forever in his Glory. The Angels are rejoicing to see another child of God finding his way home. It's a challenge to say the least in this valley of tears that also has days of spring but we press on because this moment of time will be changed into eternity in a twinkling of the eye. Don't let anybody rob you of your place in God's Kingdom, Jesus truly has the Wisdom to lead you to life. Give everything to Jesus, if things get hard, know he is always with you and you can give him everything, putting all life cares and thoughts into his hands and heart. We never suffer alone, Jesus feels all of our pain and he can help us to see the world through his eyes. Talk to Jesus about anything and everything, be resolved to live in his teachings because they are uplifting and pleasing to God to see his gifts truly loved. Good spiritual reading is an aid, Church will bless you, feel free to linger on the different congregation forums. It would be nice to develop Christian friendships to strengthen you so the more Christians you know that love the Lord the better. Be determine not to lose Jesus no matter what, God bless. Post anytime here or on the many different forums.

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Great post Deb777

and AmericanHCA I just want you to know that once you are saved you are always saved.

The scripture says:

Ephesians 1:13-15
13And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.

Upvote 0
Mar 5, 2006
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟15,751.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you guys and gals,
Im worried because I have comitied the unforgiveable sin and if I die tomarrow I want to KNOW that im really going to go to heaven, Plus I have done some evil things just to be aginst God, How will I know that God will forgive me for all that I have done? Im so scared I want to wrap myself in bubble wrap for fear that I will die with an unclean soul. If it would help I will list all the things I have done to spite God. I just don't want to rot in hell! Any help?

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you guys and gals,
Im worried because I have comitied the unforgiveable sin and if I die tomarrow I want to KNOW that im really going to go to heaven, Plus I have done some evil things just to be aginst God, How will I know that God will forgive me for all that I have done? Im so scared I want to wrap myself in bubble wrap for fear that I will die with an unclean soul. If it would help I will list all the things I have done to spite God. I just don't want to rot in hell! Any help?
Dear AmericanHC, You have not committed the unpardonable sin. That is unbelief forever. No one has committed it until they die without Christ. You sir, are a new creation in Christ.

I have done terrible, terrible things in my past as well. Many of us have comitted atrocious sins. All wrongdoing is sin. And we still sin all the time because we fall short of God, we do wrong, sometimes in our minds, and sometimes in our words and deeds.

God forgives you for all of your sins. You do not have to worry about that.

Take the time to pray to God, and tell Him first maybe, how hurt you've been by others, and ask him to lift that burden from you. Then confess all your sins to him, and don't worry that you don't remember them all. Just tell him what comes to mind. He has already forgiven you. Immediately upon salvation satan tries to steal the joy, and tells you lies. The way to know to the truth is by the bible, and you can ask us here as well.

You are going to heaven brother...to heaven..

Upvote 0
Mar 5, 2006
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟15,751.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Im just so confused because I don't have a bible...it got burned and tossed when I tuned atheist 4 years ago.
I'm so lost...I see the light but its so far away :( I'm never going to be able to reach it :cry: why didn't God kill me before all the bad stuff happened? :cry:now I have to work so hard to reach that light again

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im just so confused because I don't have a bible...it got burned and tossed when I tuned atheist 4 years ago.
I'm so lost...I see the light but its so far away :( I'm never going to be able to reach it :cry: why didn't God kill me before all the bad stuff happened? :cry:now I have to work so hard to reach that light again

Don't worry, take courage, have no fear. You can always get another bible. It was okay that you burned the one you had. It is okay. We all sin. All of us.

Jesus already reached for you, He has spread His arms open wide. There is nothing you have done that he hasn't already forgiven you for dear child. You are now an heir, a son of God. Fear not, be strong, be strong now.

You can read the bible online in many places. One place is www.biblegateway.com

Im still online here for you brother. Tapero

Upvote 0

Deb7777

Oct 6, 2005
✟16,295.00
Faith
Catholic
Thank you guys and gals,
Brother, you have nothing to worry about, tell Jesus you are sorry for any faults and failings and you want to follow him. If you have a difficulty know Jesus is there for you and ask you to never give up in trying to put his precepts alive in your life because they will so bless you and others that will cross your path. The devil will try everything to discourage and disturb your peace. The unforgivable sin is Jesus warning to the Pharisee's calling his miracles an act of the devil to the people seriousily putting their souls at risk for such great harm by this pronouncement. Jesus warns them to call him possessed will have great consequences if they persist. I believe the unforgivable sin is very rare if at all in this day and age because we are not in the same position of the Pharisee and Jesus. Of course, we do not want to offend God in anything because that can have a hardening of heart towards God but many have come back from the most dark places because Jesus wants all to have life and to the full. If someone were guilty of the unforgiveable sin they would not ask for forgiveness because their heart would be totally confirmed in its hatred toward God, like I say very rare because Christ wants all to come to him and be healed. Know Jesus is happy with your desire and would only put thoughts in your heart to uplift you. Others thoughts would be from the one would has lossed everything so pay no attention to his lies and fears. Fear of God is good when it leads us not to offend God and to not put our salvation in jeopardy by choosing evil , it trys to safeguard our salvation, that is good fear and speaks up at times when we would sway from the path of God. Jesus wants you to be at peace. (Thanks Tapero, God bless) As you can see there are different view points among Christians in regards to salvation. Some believe you can't lose your salvation once accepting Christ and some believe its possible one can lose their salvation by choosing a serious evil and not coming back to Christ for healing and forgiveness. So there is definitely differences in theology but all agree serve Jesus!:) Take it one day at a time, you don't have to figure out things all at once plus that's a life-long adventure, you can never know it all!

Upvote 0

Fares

Feb 7, 2006
✟9,042.00
Faith
Catholic
Welcome back . :thumbsup:
Ask and we will answer .

Upvote 0

Harlan Norris

Jun 20, 2005
Aurora Co
✟10,455.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First of all, praise God. You have returned to the fold.Once one knows that God does exist,it would be very difficult to deny.Frankly, before I came to Christ, I knew on some level there was a God.I'd advise you read your Bible daily.That is where the truth is.I often find that what is written, is in conflict with todays teaching.Choosing between the Bible and church.Always, it's the Bible that contains the truth.Our walk is our best witness,so we strive toward perfection.Of course we will never achieve it.Personally I believe that the purpose of Christianity, is to bring souls to Christ,and that is it's only purpose.The affairs of the world are the will of God.However, we are to be separate from the world.When Jesus returnes he will perfect all things.Only then will men live according to the law.So, for now we follow the example set by Jesus and the apostles,and await his comming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Mar 5, 2006
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟15,751.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Don't worry, take courage, have no fear. You can always get another bible. It was okay that you burned the one you had. It is okay. We all sin. All of us.
Thats a relief
Jesus already reached for you, He has spread His arms open wide. There is nothing you have done that he hasn't already forgiven you for dear child. You are now an heir, a son of God. Fear not, be strong, be strong now.
:hug: thank you so much for this post it really speaks to me. I guess in my mind I want to reach out and grab His robe but it feels like something is holding me back.
You can read the bible online in many places. One place is www.biblegateway.com
Thank You for this link it will hold me off until I can get a new bible. and I will refer to it when I don't know the exact verse.
Brother, you have nothing to worry about, tell Jesus you are sorry for any faults and failings and you want to follow him.
I shall.
Welcome back :hug:
Thank you :hug: Feels good to be back.
Ask and we will answer.
I will hold you to that.;)

Upvote 0

Hollyoz

Mar 21, 2006
Canada...for now
✟212.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hello AmericanHCA,

I must admit I was surprised to see this post, and I am so joyful that you have found the Lord Jesus. The reason I was surprised was because I had just spent time yesterday reading some of your earlier posts. I'd like to ask you now, have you been saved? I know many a Christian who loves God and follows Him, but has never asked Him into their heart to be Lord of their life. Give all control over to him, brother, and let Him set you free. He loves you so much, that while you were cursing Him and telling Him you hated Him, He sent His beloved son Jesus to die for you, in the most horrible way. Alone on a cross, hands and feet slammed with nails. Those nails, however, were not what held Him to the cross. It was you, and His love for you!!

To speak now on the issue of sin. When you ask the Lord's forgiveness, He forgives! You can believe this because He says so. All sins are equal in His eyes. No big sins, no little sins. All sins are black as tar in the eyes of our Father and yet He cleans you white as snow, pure and worthy in His sight.

There is a wonderful program called Esword. This can be found at www.e-sword.net Here you can download the whole Bible, as well as many different versions, devotions, commentaries, etc. It also comes with Strongs numbers. I highly recommend it.

If you are interested, I have a list of passages that explain your identity in Christ. Send me a message if you would like me to type them up for you, so that you may use them to encourage yourself in the Lord's word, and His love.

May the Lord bless you and keep you, may His face shine on you and be gracious to you.

Remember, God never promised the skies would be blue, or smooth sailing all the way through. He never promised sun without rain, joy without sorrow, peace without pain. We will go through hard times, but He will never leave us, nor forsake us. Hold tight to His promises. Seek Him in the morning, because a day started with Him will not unravel.

Upvote 0

hempcrow

Aug 22, 2005
Deer Park ohio
Visit site
✟15,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hey. that's great news!!!! welcome! im glad to know that one more person has turned to Christ in this confusing world.

yes, non denominational or community church would probably be a good idea....... no pressure to adopt certain set of practices. i attend a vineyard community church, and i am happy to call it my own home church. i would recommend vineyard church if you can find one...lol.

again, great to see you are stepping into a great new life...
we are all here for ya. peace,in Christ,
-keith-

Upvote 0

WhiteWillow

Busy motherhood takes priority!
Mar 6, 2006
Orlando Fla
✟58,821.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
:holy: Forgiveness begins with you accepting God will do just that if you ask. JUST ASK. Bibles can be given to you at some churches. I'm sure if you went to a place of worship spoke with a minister,told them you're in need-they will set you up with literature. I so pray for you.:prayer:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.