Follower of Jesus
Jan 17, 2012
Australia
✟18,006.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Name something fun, exciting, lovely or special you've done or love to do with your spouse..

I used to love going with him spearfishing, or lobstering, having special time out watching the ocean and being blessed by the quiet of each others company...once when we went the Lord blessed us with a whole school of dolphins to watch playing in the waves...a trully memorable experience :)

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
-Doing yardwork together
-Nature adventures (walks/hikes/fishing/etc)
-Prophetically confirming one another's gifting (dreams, revelation, etc). We are a team, not just physically but spiritually.

A few memorable occasions that can't be repeated are:
-The last week of pregnancy, it was just really special because I didnt know I'd be giving birth so soon but I had a big energy spurt where we went out to new places to eat and went to a local Mexican event (little did we know we'd be like the only white people, haha), and I guess it was just something I'll never forget. It was like a happy closure to pregnancy before we became parents.
-Obviously our honeymoon, quite unique with all its little adventures and even the unromantic aspects of it. I mean, who eats pizza on their wedding night and gets their period the next day?? *uh...hi!*
-Going to Arizona while we were engaged to visit my fiance, I'd never been out West before. Very fun!

There's a lot more, but the special moments are awesome because whether I remembered to take pixtures or not, the memory does truly last forever.

Memories together can be really positive, sweet happy times, sometimes its the awkward moments of marriage that are later funny and memorable, and sometimes its the sad moments we have to endure together as a team that make us stronger.

Reactions: OnlyBelieve
Upvote 0

OnlyBelieve

Follower of Jesus
Jan 17, 2012
Australia
✟18,006.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Aww you guys are all so sweet!

I remember a time when hubby and I went camping, next to a very popular boat ramp, we hadn't been to before.it was all mud....well we checked the tides, did some fishing, set up the tent then went to bed, we set the alarm to wake us up when the tide came in again so we could fish...well the alarm went off, we got up....no water!...the tide hadn't come back in...but we noticed our fridge had stopped and the car wouldn't start....so here we are out on the salt pans (me 6mths preggers) pushing a 4X4 to clutch start it! at 3am ..true story...well we got it going..then went back to bed, when I woke the tent was FULL of sandflies...they bite...it was so full I was breathing them in...hubby was snoring!! The tide never came back in...so no fish...It was the WORST camping trip ever. It's funny now, but I wasn't happy then...it remains a family story we often tell our kids about...^_^

Upvote 0
Mar 20, 2012
Way out in the Arizona desert
✟15,345.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's a great family story. The only family story I can remember right now is our tenth anniversary. We had saved our money and wanted to make it a very special day indeed. The morning of the big day came and...my appendix burst. We both spent the day in the emergency room holding hands and talking about the future.

Upvote 0

OnlyBelieve

Follower of Jesus
Jan 17, 2012
Australia
✟18,006.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
That's a great family story. The only family story I can remember right now is our tenth anniversary. We had saved our money and wanted to make it a very special day indeed. The morning of the big day came and...my appendix burst. We both spent the day in the emergency room holding hands and talking about the future.

So it was special! That's awesome.
I have too many stories I think. You see hubby and I weren't married until we had two kids (LONG STORY) when we did get married (no he wasn't saved & I was backsliden) we had a fancy dress engagement party then half way through made the big announcment that we were actually getting married...was a great night...we have some awesome photos! It was a P party.:D

Upvote 0

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Haha, oh yeah speaking of nature adventures. My husband and I went a couple hours away to go camping at this real hickvilles town. By time we got there, it was evening so we barely had any time to set up our tent (our first camping together) and it was dark by then. We didnt bring anything for a fire, we really didnt bring any food, and it sprinkled that night. I was honestly scared the whole night and couldnt sleep well, neither could he. We had booked our camp grounds for 2 nights...the next morning we went digging for gems at this 'mine'. It was pretty neat though we only found quartzite. We were tired and we decided not to stay both nights.

We havent planned a camping trip since! But at least it was memorable, right?

What interestting stories everyone! :)

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
He caught me my first firefly.

He kept me calm and positive through an emergency c-section, and didn't show a flicker of fear even though I found out later he was terrified.

He stepped right into being a father so naturally, and did everything possible to help my healing and take care of our baby those first weeks - every morning he'd make me breakfast.

Peace,
-Niffer

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We love to go to the gun range together. How violent of us! I don't hunt, never will, but there is a thrill to firing the guns that I can't even explain. He's much better than me, but we encourage each other to get better every time.

We are working on our yard right now which is also exciting, and he's working so hard, and I'm very proud of what he's doing. I'll have to remember to post a photo of the job so far! We are planning all these things that we are going to do. :thumbsup:

I do remember our honeymoon (one should hope so!) We went to Spain, and the first day, after the flight, and then getting our rental car, driving all the way out to the town we were staying in, finding the house .. we dumped all of our stuff and went for a walk on the beach in the late afternoon sun. It was wonderful. We walked in the shallow water, very much at ease and at peace. Awesome! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I so know what you mean about the firing guns...except I used a BB gun on my backyard pests... I was pregnant and the time and somehow it was thrilling. lol. Scary picture huh? A preggi lady shooting a BB gun out her bathroom window! :eek: :sorry:

I dont know what it is about yardwork, but its a great bonding experience. It was for my parents and it is for us too. :)

Upvote 0

OnlyBelieve

Follower of Jesus
Jan 17, 2012
Australia
✟18,006.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I remember when hubby and I went on another camping trip. To a dam, we took the boat and a swag, just the two of us. When we had finished fishing, we set the swag up in the boat and lay down in it for the night, I was preggars (again) and felt closed in and sick, so we opened the top up so I could get the air, then it started showering, I still couldn't bring myself to close the swag, so we slept with the light misty rain on our faces :)

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funny all the fishing stories HA!..I have one like that we went fishing late..out on our little boat decided to try and do the wee in the morning stuff...So ike 3 oclock in the monring ...on the lake up on the huge (I dont knw what they are called) but this concrete divider there were the silouettes of 2 coyotes trotting across the top of that divider RIGHT in front of a HUGE full moon..I mean it was so beautiful they were so perfect in that moonlight heading on thier way together ...Like a post card..I was so thankful I og to see them that way..The moon was one of those that looked like it was going to touch the ground..We didnt catch ONE single fish but I didnt care..:)

Dallas

Upvote 0