A meeting within The Discovery Institute

TheKingOfImmortality

Jun 23, 2007
✟15,915.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Since I was gone I got a rare chances to actully to meet some of the head members of The Discovery Institute. It was not easy but thanks to a few freinds of mine I was able to get behind there doors and see one of there meetings.

The subject of ID and Evolution was the subject, ofcourse, and how to bring it into the class room.

Well.......I GOT IT ALL ON TAPE!!!!!

I was able to get it all on video. This is vary rare footage, if you ever wonder what a meeting with these men and women is like behind closed doors, well here its is.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwUCXkqn-dM&feature=related

Last edited:

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
g
I remain concerned as to why anyone would even think of bringing ID into the classroom, unless it's the bible classroom, or the philosophy classroom, but certainly not the science classroom, but that's neither here nor there and is off-topic anyway.

I remain concerned as to why anyone would even think of bringing evolutionary theory into the classroom, unless it's a secular humanist club, or the philosophy classroom, but certainly not the science classroom; where students should be engaged in scientific experimentation, personal investigation, practice the skills of observation and logging their found data in personal journals. This is how they learn science. History belongs in history class, but does one leave out all history pertaining to the "Creation/ID" movement simply to push one side of a subject for secular reasons....? Not a good way to either teach or learn.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I remain concerned as to why anyone would even think of bringing ID into the classroom, unless it's the bible classroom, or the philosophy classroom, but certainly not the science classroom, but that's neither here nor there and is off-topic anyway.
q

Upvote 0

EecoErin

Apr 15, 2008
✟7,779.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

I HAVE NOT LAUGHED SO HARD IN I CAN'T REMEMBER WHEN.
What a great video! Genius!!!
Thanks for sharing.

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And you know, it just makes it that much scarier to see an American film representing Nazi occupied Germany actually translated into another Germanic language. I never thought about how that scene would look to Germans before. Rather distressing. Still, this farcical video is so wrong it's right...)

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I remain concerned as to why anyone would even think of bringing evolutionary theory into the classroom, unless it's a secular humanist club, or the philosophy classroom, but certainly not the science classroom; where students should be engaged in scientific experimentation, personal investigation, practice the skills of observation and loging their found data in personal journals. This is how they learn science. History belongs in history class, but does one leave out all history pertaining to the "Creation/ID" movement simply to push one side of a subject for secular reasons....? Not a good way to either teach or learn.
Wow, way to set up a faulty analogy :thumbsup:.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow, way to set up a faulty analogy :thumbsup:.

Not faulty at all when applied towards creationists, but secular humanist hate when it is applied to their own pet secular theory. One does not teach how to do math by developing and teaching a theory on how it may have developed from ancient times. The students practice with actual equations and problem solving. At least that is how math was learned when I attended school. Science would be best learned in the very same way and not through the presentation of onesided secular assertions.

Upvote 0

TheKingOfImmortality

Jun 23, 2007
✟15,915.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
I remain concerned as to why anyone would even think of bringing evolutionary theory into the classroom,

Because it bin tested (not once, not tiwice, but thousands of times) All new disocverys that have bin found sinces Darwin's time from Genitcs, Biology, Astronmey, ect. ect. all point to Evolution. When every ID is put to the test it fails.

unless it's a secular humanist club, or the philosophy classroom, but certainly not the science classroom;

Evolution is not a philosophy, it is a theory based on experments, lab test, fossial records, DNA ect, ect. sounds like Sceinces to me, thuse should be in the class room.

where students should be engaged in scientific experimentation, personal investigation, practice the skills of observation and logging their found data in personal journals. This is how they learn science. History belongs in history class, but does one leave out all history pertaining to the "Creation/ID" movement simply to push one side of a subject for secular reasons....? Not a good way to either teach or learn.

That all good talk coming from some one who seems to refuse to hear anything unless it agrees with him. Creationist seem to refuse to do what you just preached about, investigating. So let me ask you, have ever read the Orgin of Species by Drawin, look at the evadances for evolution that has bin found sinces then and took a much more critical look at ID?

Frist of all Sceince is not free speech. You cant just have ID put in the class room because you like it better. Every things needs to be tested first. Witch ID failed in. Evolution passed.

Again, ID was put to the test, it failed again and again. We are not going to teach students somthing that is just simply wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheKingOfImmortality

Jun 23, 2007
✟15,915.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Not faulty at all when applied towards creationists, but secular humanist hate when it is applied to their own pet secular theory.

What about the Christians who accepted Evolution? Ken Millar Francis Collins, Pope John paul 2

One does not teach how to do math by developing and teaching a theory on how it may have developed from ancient times. The students practice with actual equations and problem solving. At least that is how math was learned when I attended school. Science would be best learned in the very same way and not through the presentation of onesided secular assertions.

Accroding to your views, Math can equal what every you want it to be. 5+5 dose not =6 and its really funny that your using math because Math hase bin to help prove evolution.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What about the Christians who accepted Evolution? Ken Millar Francis Collins, Pope John paul 2

Accroding to your views, Math can equal what ever you want it to be. 5+5 dose not =6 and its really funny that your using math because Math has bin to help prove evolution.

Well, so? What about christians who believe in TRANSUBSTANTIANTION, the perpetual virginity of Mary, and Apostolic succession? Christians are saved by GOD's grace. They are not saved because they are always right. Actually, math does not support evolution ---- not enough time and no new species appearing in 5000 years of recorded human history ---- just species disappearing at an alarming rate....

Upvote 0

Psudopod

Godspeed, Spacebat
Apr 11, 2006
Bath
✟11,638.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, so?

Well, so, why would Christians be supporting a secular fantasy? Maybe because it's not?

not enough time and no new species appearing in 5000 years of recorded human history ---- just species disappearing at an alarming rate....

Surely you can't have missed this list of new species that gets posted round here repeatedly.

Upvote 0

ChordatesLegacy

Jun 21, 2007
✟17,761.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Actually, math does not support evolution ---- not enough time and no new species appearing in 5000 years of recorded human history ---- just species disappearing at an alarming rate....

Wrong, here are some new species.

New animal species evolved in an instant

LINK

Salamanders formed new species despite interbreeding

LINK

Two Butterfly Species Evolved Into Third, Study Finds
LINK

1. New species have arisen in historical times. For example:
· A new species of mosquito, isolated in London's Underground, has speciated from Culex pipiens (Byrne and Nichols 1999; Nuttall 1998).
· Helacyton gartleri is the HeLa cell culture, which evolved from a human cervical carcinoma in 1951. The culture grows indefinitely and has become widespread (Van Valen and Maiorana 1991).

A similar event appears to have happened with dogs relatively recently. Sticker's sarcoma, or canine transmissible venereal tumor, is caused by an organism genetically independent from its hosts but derived from a wolf or dog tumor (Zimmer 2006; Murgia et al. 2006).

· Several new species of plants have arisen via polyploidy (when the chromosome count multiplies by two or more) (de Wet 1971). One example is Primula kewensis (Newton and Pellew 1929
LINK

Upvote 0

Vene

In memory of ChordatesLegacy
Oct 20, 2007
Michigan
✟13,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, so? What about christians who believe in TRANSUBSTANTIANTION, the perpetual virginity of Mary, and Apostolic succession? Christians are saved by GOD's grace. They are not saved because they are always right. Actually, math does not support evolution ---- not enough time and no new species appearing in 5000 years of recorded human history ---- just species disappearing at an alarming rate....
It's a good thing that the Earth is older than that. Oh right, radiometric dating is always wrong. Well, consider this: according to the Bible the Earth and Sun are roughly the same age, right? Well, the sun has also been dated, but using a different method. That method is known as helioseismology and it puts the age of the sun as roughly 4.5 billion years. There, have another dating method to deny.
link

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wrong, here are some new species.

New animal species evolved in an instant

LINK

Salamanders formed new species despite interbreeding

LINK

Two Butterfly Species Evolved Into Third, Study Finds
LINK

1. New species have arisen in historical times. For example:
· A new species of mosquito, isolated in London's Underground, has speciated from Culex pipiens (Byrne and Nichols 1999; Nuttall 1998).
· Helacyton gartleri is the HeLa cell culture, which evolved from a human cervical carcinoma in 1951. The culture grows indefinitely and has become widespread (Van Valen and Maiorana 1991).

A similar event appears to have happened with dogs relatively recently. Sticker's sarcoma, or canine transmissible venereal tumor, is caused by an organism genetically independent from its hosts but derived from a wolf or dog tumor (Zimmer 2006; Murgia et al. 2006).
· Several new species of plants have arisen via polyploidy (when the chromosome count multiplies by two or more) (de Wet 1971). One example is Primula kewensis (Newton and Pellew 1929
LINK

The key words are MAY HAVE and NOT LIKELY TO. The reality is that we have another pest who likes a particular plant. I love apples. My wife loves peaches. My son loves both. We are still human.

Upvote 0

Vene

In memory of ChordatesLegacy
Oct 20, 2007
Michigan
✟13,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The key words are MAY HAVE and NOT LIKELY TO. The reality is that we have another pest who likes a particular plant. I love apples. My wife loves peaches. My son loves both. We are still human.
That's right LN, if you can't say something intelligent, bring it down to such a simplistic level that it's ridiculous.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Nevertheless, they were all instances of new species. See here, here, and here for more instances.

Really, LN, the claim that "No new species has been observed" has long since been debunked. Tut tut.

Upvote 0

ChordatesLegacy

Jun 21, 2007
✟17,761.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

There we go again; ignoring all the data and hand waving.

But I suppose it is the silent reader who benefit from these discussions and do you know what, you are doing more to put people off YEC than I ever could.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nevertheless, they were all instances of new species. See here, here, and here for more instances.

Really, LN, the claim that "No new species has been observed" has long since been debunked. Tut tut.

A new species does not look at the old species.

Upvote 0