Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Oh good Heavens, if I wanted to accuse you of idolatry I'd have just said so. But you are the one praying to the creation, not me, so ask yourself why me pointing it out offends you so much. Introspection is important.

Also, the Israelites revered the Ark, but they sure as heck never prayed to it. God was very clear about that kind of thing, so you may wish to reassess your analogy a bit. :oldthumbsup:

And I thank you for your concern(?), but my relationship with God is awesome. Life is a beautiful thing. Have a blessed day.
So your argument is the old prayer=worship. Which logically means that the next time you ask someone to pray for you, you're worshipping that person. Which is pretty bad, considering that the most common form of idolatry today is that worship of humanity, the belief that humanity is entitled to impose their own will on reality (Which ironically enough, mighty stem form Protestantism as another commenter mentioned, but that's another topic for another time).

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Oh good Heavens, if I wanted to accuse you of idolatry I'd have just said so. But you are the one praying to the creation, not me, so ask yourself why me pointing it out offends you so much. Introspection is important.

Also, the Israelites revered the Ark, but they sure as heck never prayed to it. God was very clear about that kind of thing, so you may wish to reassess your analogy a bit. :oldthumbsup:

And I thank you for your concern(?), but my relationship with God is awesome. Life is a beautiful thing. Have a blessed day.
Also if your okay with okay with revering, something that isn't God, get yourself an image of Mary, or any other biblica figure and start being bowing down to it, and/or looking at it with loving gazes, you don't have to pray to it, just revere it.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So in your opinion, people refusing to pray to Mary leads to misogyny, the breakdown of the family structure, and the rise of inappropriate contentography? Well, that's a fine example of hyperbole. :doh:
That's the logical outcome of Protestant Theology in regards to Mary. If the view of Mary is, Mary gave birth to Jesus, and that's it, we don't have to care about her after that, what does that lead to?

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Peace be with you.

I believe you to be a generous person to offer Our Lady of Mercy to those in need of Her Love.

I feel great pity and sadness to see this world as it currently is.

I am actually quite shock to see state sanctioned abortions so prevalent in so many countries that used to be the bed rock of Christianity.

I believe that Light will Prevail over the Darkness by God's Will.

That there's no greater Love than to give one's life for one's friends.

I come from the Lineage of Christ, that is why the term Christian is used. It's like a surname. A descendent of Christ by faith. People of the Christ. Also the term "Christian" predates the term "Catholic". I consider Catholicism to be a subset of Christianity. There are many branches in Christianity, some filled with Grace, Truth, Virtue, Love and Mercy and others filled with sin, decay, falsehood, death and rotten corruption.

"Christian" - Follower of Jesus Christ - I have to embrace the Blessed Virgin Mary as my Mother because I am a copy cat and copy Jesus Christ in virtually everything from thoughts, to words, to acts through the Word of God through the Holy Spirit.

I encourage you to keep on posting those long Blessed Prayers. They make good reading. I never get bored reading those prayers however long they are. They are like music.

And also to make known the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of God and of all His Loving Children to all the branches of Christianity who live in ignorance of Her. She will enrich their souls and their lives with the Light and Love of Jesus Christ.

May the Blessed Virgin Mary bless you Richly with Great Faith and Endless Graces from the Fountain of Eternal Mercy, the Holy and Blessed Trinity. Amen.
Interesting. I'd definitely like to discuss this further, but not for awhile, after this, I plan on withdrawing for a bit, and developing my prayer life more before, conversing with others on here.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm going to take a break now, but before I go here's some more historical evidence for Mary as the Living Ark of the New Covenant:

“At that time, the Savior coming from the Virgin, the Ark, brought forth His own Body into the world from that Ark, which was gilded with pure gold within by the Word, and without by the Holy Ghost; so that the truth was shown forth, and the Ark was manifested....And the Savior came into the world bearing the incorruptible Ark, that is to say His own body” St. Hippolytus (c 170-c 236 Wow!) (Emphasis added)

“The prophet David danced before the Ark. Now what else should we say the Ark was but holy Mary? The Ark bore within it the tables of the Testament, but Mary bore the Heir of the same Testament itself. The former contained in it the Law, the latter the Gospel. The one had the voice of God, the other His Word. The Ark, indeed, was radiant within and without with the glitter of gold, but holy Mary shone within and without with the splendor of virginity. The one was adorned with earthly gold, the other with heavenly” (Amen!) St. Ambrose (c. 339-397) (Emphasis added)

“Be mindful of us, most holy virgin, who after childbirth didst remain virgin; and grant to us for these small words great gifts from the riches of they graces, O thou full of grace. Accept them as though they were true and adequate praises in they honor; and if there is in them any virtue and any praise, we offer them as a hymn from ourselves and from all creatures to thee, full of grace, Lady, Queen, Mistress, Mother of God, and Ark of sanctification” From Saint Athanasius, you know the Saint that Protestants like to use to argue against the authority of the Pope? He prayed to Mary and called her, the Ark. (Emphasis added)

Will be back later.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's the logical outcome of Protestant Theology in regards to Mary. If the view of Mary is, Mary gave birth to Jesus, and that's it, we don't have to care about her after that, what does that lead to?

What does not praying to the creation lead to? Following the Word of God. :amen:

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So your argument is the old prayer=worship.

Discussions are usually more productive when participants discuss what each other says, not what they twist it into. If I would have meant worship, I'd have said worship. Thanks.

Also if your okay with okay with revering, something that isn't God, get yourself an image of Mary, or any other biblica figure and start being bowing down to it, and/or looking at it with loving gazes, you don't have to pray to it, just revere it.

I’m going to go with the Word of God on this one.

Exodus 20:4-6

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Okay I'm done with today's errands and have done some much-needed prayers and meditations, I'll start with Saint Augustine's prayer to Our Lady of Mercy

In the Name of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit
Amen.

Blessed Virgin Mary,
who can worthily repay you with praise and thanks for having rescued a fallen world by your generous consent!
Receive our gratitude,
and by your prayers obtain the pardon of our sins.
Take our prayers into the sanctuary of Heaven and enable them to make our peace with God.
Holy Mary,
help the miserable,
strengthen the discouraged,
comfort the sorrowful.
Pray for your people,
plead for the clergy,
intercede for all women consecrated to God.
May all who venerate you feel now your help and protection.
Be ready to help us when we pray,
and bring back to us the answers to our prayers.
Make it your continual concern to pray for the people of God,
for you were blessed by God and were made worthy to bear the Redeemer of the world,
who lives and reigns forever.

Amen

Our Lady of Mercy, pray for us.
Saint Augustine, pray for us.
Saint Alphonsus de Liguori, pray for us.
Saint Louis de Montfort, pray for us.
Saint Francsi de Sales, pray for us.

In the Name of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit
Amen.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Discussions are usually more productive when participants discuss what each other says, not what they twist it into. If I would have meant worship, I'd have said worship. Thanks.

I’m going to go with the Word of God on this one.

Exodus 20:4-6

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
Okay, it's just that your first posting implied that you thought Catholics worshipped Mary. So what do you believe? Is it okay to pray to Mary? If not, why, since, as you say here, it's not worship? Is praying to Mary sinful? If yes, why? If no, why? It looks like I'm going to have open a second front on this thread, and start doing some Mariology 101, most people who fall away from the Catholic faith, have been very poorly educated on various Catholic doctrine, of course I could be wrong. Anyways I'm confident that the Holy Spirit and Our Lady will give me the strength for this.

Also there is plenty of instances in the Bible of people bowing down to humans, angels, and even things (like the Bronze Serpent or the East).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There are a great many things that protestant miss in marian doctrines and scripture.

5/ But we also see that role heralded in Solomons kingdom, where the "queen" was mother not spouse of a king, given a throne, to whom the king bowed, and said he would do whatever she requested. Jesus did his level best to show his davidic roots because he knew jews would look for meaning there, and that clearly heralds a role of intercessor for Mary, which also justifies the honorary title of "queen" which she is as mother of a davidic king, Jesus' kingdom is heaven, so she is queen of heaven in davidic terms. But then the fathers of the councils, take Ephraim at nicaea, which councils decided both creed and new testament were vociferous in veneration of mary AND her power of intercession.

I can only urge all to read books such as "Behold your mother" by staples, to see how the doctrines and dogmas of mary are clearly heralded by scripture.
I'd like to add, that when we call Mary the "Queen of Heaven" the Hebrew translation of this would be Gebirah HaShamayim, not Malkhut HaShamayim, it has nothing to do with the Canaanite she-devil, Asherah. Gebirah was title given to the Queen-Mother in the Kingdom of Judah, it roughly translates to "powerful woman" or "strong woman" which is appropriate since the strongest woman in all of human history, is Our Lady. Our Lady never complained, never doubted, she bravely stood by her Son on Mount Calvary, never wavering. Only the Kingdom of Judah had Gebirahs, the Northern Kingdom, interestingly enough, didn't, it only had a Malkhut, Jezebel!
Just thought I'd add this, even though, thankfully, no one brought this up, but it helps to let Protestants know.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't see why I should. Catholics seem to take things more literally than protestants. They think Jesus is speaking literally when talking about the bread and wine being His body and blood, and that the woman of Revelation is a literal woman.
Okay, I'm not sure if I can answer all of your arguments this evening, but I'll try, with the help of the Lord. I'll start with this, since the Eucharist is the easiest thing for a Catholic to defend!
Just read John 6:31-69 and consider the following:
a) When the Jews murmur about Jesus' claim to be the bread of life, He repeats the claim more forcefully this time than the first, He doesn't back down or explain it away, nor does He make the Protestant claim that the saying isn't literal.
b) The original Greek uses the most graphic words possible to describe the consuming of flesh
c) In Jewish culture of this time, the metaphor for eating flesh and drinking blood was persecution, so if Jesus was speaking metaphorically, He was telling His followers, the Christians to persecute Him!
d) Every single Early Church Father took this passage literally and we no record of any Early Christian, apart from heretics, who denied a literal interpretation of this!
e) One of the reasons for the persecution of the Early Church is that the pagans accused the Christian of engaging in ritualistic cannibalism, why? Well what does eating the flesh and drinking the blood of Jesus sound like? And we have no record of any Christian denying this, except for those who denied Christ as well.

Objection: But in John 6:63 Jesus said: "It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."

I reply: If the flesh is of no avail, why did Jesus take on human flesh and die a fleshly death on the cross? The term flesh in the New Testament refers to fallen human nature, and it's tendency to obey the lower faculties rather than the higher ones. Jesus uses the term "flesh" (notice: "the flesh" not "my flesh") here to refer to the fact that His disciples are judging by the five senses and their worldly wisdom, not that His words are symbolic and metaphoric. On top of that, remember how the other day, I told you that the reason Saint John wrote his Gospel to counter the heretic Cerinthus? Cerinthus taught that Jesus came to save us from the physical world, that material world was evil. Saint John would never had wrote Jesus saying "the flesh is of no avail" and intended it to mean it to mean the physical flesh was of no avail, Saint John would have been shooting himself in the foot if he meant that.

I'll get back to the main topic tomorrow, I've run out of time for tonight.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Okay that's all for tonight, sorry I wasn't as active today I usually am, hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to get in some good arguments.

In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
Amen

O merciful Jesus, my King and my God, I worship You.
O Blessed Mother, Mary Immaculate, I cherish you.
For those who offer you insult, I offer you praise.
For those who offer you mocking, I offer you honour.
For those who offer you disbelief, I offer you trust.
For those who offer you hate, I offer you love.
For those who offer you cursing, I offer you blessing.
For those who offer you ridicule, I offer you loving gazes.
For those who offer you blasphemy, I offer you adoration.
For those who offer you rebellion, I offer you obedience.
For those who offer you indifference, I offer you devotion.
For those who offer you obstinate pride, I offer you a contrite heart.
For those who offer you scorn, I offer you fidelity.

Kind Jesus have mercy, Ever Virgin Mary, pray for us. Forgive them Lord for they know not what they are doing. Soften the hearts of those who offend you, that they may come to know you and love you as you deserve.
Make my heart more fervent so I may pray without ceasing for the conversion and salvation of souls.

Amen

Our Lady of Grace, pray for us.

• Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,735.00
Faith
Christian
Wow, so irreverence of Mary = disrespect and mistreatment of woman?! This has to be one of the craziest posts I've read on CF.

The rotten fruit I'm speaking of stems specifically from the irreverence Protestants have for Mary. It's not explicit but extremely implicit,

If it's only implicit then it could be all in your mind. In this case I think it is.

I've many stories from Catholic converts who were once Protestant preachers, giving a sermon or two on Mary and then being treated with extreme suspicion afterwards.

Probably because they were former protestant preachers and not because of the sermons.

Protestants, implicitly, if not explicitly treat Mary is this nice wrapping paper that Jesus comes in and afterwards, can be thrown away.

No we don't. You only see it that way because your church has taught you venerate Mary to a level so high that anything less appears as irreverence.

We believe Mary was blessed and lived a blessed life.

Well this leads to the disrespect in mistreatment of women, women are treated either as baby-popping machines, which in turn leads to that cruel, child-hating, inferiority-complex movement,

Can you give an example of a protestant Church that that has demonstrated this behaviour?

that Our Lord predicted in Luke 23:27-31, perhaps one of the most chilling passages in the New Testament:

"27 And there followed him a great multitude of people, and of women, who bewailed and lamented him.

28 But Jesus turning to them, said: Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not over me; but weep for yourselves, and for your children.

29 For behold, the days shall come, wherein they will say: Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that have not borne, and the paps that have not given suck.

30 Then shall they begin to say to the mountains: Fall upon us; and to the hills: Cover us.

31 For if in the green wood they do these things, what shall be done in the dry?" (Douay-Rheims Version)

You do realize that Protestants are just as opposed to abortion as Catholics right? We are also the ones saying that Mary had other children while Catholics are the ones that say she didn't. How is this anything like Luke 23:29?

The other side of that is the abominable inappropriate content industry,

What does the inappropriate content industry have to do with veneration of Mary?

There are Catholics who are addicted to inappropriate content and I've seen some admit it here on CF. Does this mean these Catholics are not reverencing Mary?

the Protestant view objectifies Our Lady,

No the protestant view does not objectify Mary, it just doesn't elevate Mary to an inappropriate level.

Catholics are the ones who objectify Mary by comparing her to a literal object, the Ark.

This whole thread is you trying to objectify Mary.

and objectifying the New Eve naturally leads to the objectifying of the of all women.

1. Protestants don't objectify Mary, Catholics do.

2. One does not naturally lead to the other.

This is the rotten fruit, or fruits I guess, that I'm talking about with Protestantism's treatment of Mary.

Actually all you've done is just exposed the irrational and warped thinking of people who are infatuated with the Catholic Mary and how it leads to illogical thinking like this.

• Winner
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,735.00
Faith
Christian
Okay, I'm not sure if I can answer all of your arguments this evening, but I'll try, with the help of the Lord. I'll start with this, since the Eucharist is the easiest thing for a Catholic to defend!
Just read John 6:31-69 and consider the following:
a) When the Jews murmur about Jesus' claim to be the bread of life, He repeats the claim more forcefully this time than the first, He doesn't back down or explain it away, nor does He make the Protestant claim that the saying isn't literal.

This ignores the fact that Jesus used figurative language and doesn't back down or explain it away in other speeches.

The Jews then said to Him, ‘What sign do You show us as your authority for doing these things?’ Jesus answered them, ‘Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.’ The Jews then said, ‘It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?’ But He was speaking of the temple of His body. John 2:18-21

As you can see Jesus does not correct the misunderstanding.

Jesus answered and said to him, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.’ Nicodemus said to Him, ‘How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born, can he? John 3:3-4

Again, notice how Jesus doesn't clarify Nicodemus' misunderstanding.

b) The original Greek uses the most graphic words possible to describe the consuming of flesh

Graphic language does not make it literal.

Jesus said that if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away, and if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it away. How many Catholics you know have done this when their hand or eye has caused them to sin?

c) In Jewish culture of this time, the metaphor for eating flesh and drinking blood was persecution, so if Jesus was speaking metaphorically, He was telling His followers, the Christians to persecute Him!

You would need to ignore other Scripture to come to this conclusion. From what Jesus says about His flesh giving eternal life and when Jesus says to Saul "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" we can conclude that this is not what Jesus meant.

d) Every single Early Church Father took this passage literally and we no record of any Early Christian, apart from heretics, who denied a literal interpretation of this!

The ECF did not always agree. For example Peter being the rock. And just because there is no records of early Christians denying the literal interpretation doesn't mean they don't exist. New things are always being dug up. Catholics seem to treat the words of the EFC as equal to Scripture, I believe this is wrong.

e) One of the reasons for the persecution of the Early Church is that the pagans accused the Christian of engaging in ritualistic cannibalism, why? Well what does eating the flesh and drinking the blood of Jesus sound like? And we have no record of any Christian denying this, except for those who denied Christ as well.

This just shows that the pagans misunderstood like the followers of Jesus did. This doesn't prove that that Christians viewed it as literal.

Objection: But in John 6:63 Jesus said: "It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."

I reply: If the flesh is of no avail, why did Jesus take on human flesh and die a fleshly death on the cross?

Because He was the only one sinless who lived a sinless life and the only acceptable perfect sacrifice.

The term flesh in the New Testament refers to fallen human nature, and it's tendency to obey the lower faculties rather than the higher ones. Jesus uses the term "flesh" (notice: "the flesh" not "my flesh") here to refer to the fact that His disciples are judging by the five senses and their worldly wisdom,

I already knew that and took that into consideration.

not that His words are symbolic and metaphoric.

He was speaking symbolically. He uses the same words spirit and life when talking with Nicodemus about being born again.

On top of that, remember how the other day, I told you that the reason Saint John wrote his Gospel to counter the heretic Cerinthus? Cerinthus taught that Jesus came to save us from the physical world, that material world was evil. Saint John would never had wrote Jesus saying "the flesh is of no avail" and intended it to mean it to mean the physical flesh was of no avail, Saint John would have been shooting himself in the foot if he meant that.

This statement seems to imply that John just made up Christ's words.

"Saint John would never had wrote Jesus saying "the flesh is of no avail" and intended it to mean it to mean the physical flesh was of no avail, Saint John would have been shooting himself in the foot if he meant that."

John isn't the one speaking, Jesus is, so the meaning must be Christ's not John's.

Cerinthus taught that that material world was evil. Jesus was only talking about the the flesh. Not the same thing, so John would not have been shooting himself in the foot.

I would also like to point out John does not even record the central events of the Last Supper at all. You would expect John to have a historical record of the Last Supper, the inaugurating meal of the Eucharist. But John does not. In fact, John is the only Gospel writer that did not record the Last Supper. That is one giant oversight if he was trying combat heresy.

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, it's just that your first posting implied that you thought Catholics worshipped Mary.

Whether or not you personally worship Mary is not for me to say. But if I was praying to Mary, and was using an image of her to, as you stated, “bowing down to it, and/or looking at it with loving gazes.” I would personally be very concerned.

It looks like I'm going to have open a second front on this thread, and start doing some Mariology 101…

How about “Christianity 101” instead? The Bible isn’t a book about Mary.

Also there is plenty of instances in the Bible of people bowing down to humans, angels, and even things (like the Bronze Serpent or the East).

Numbers 21:8-9

8 The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.” 9 So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived.”

God didn’t say to bow down to it, pray to it, or worship it. But what happened much later when the Israelites started worshiping the bronze serpent?

2 Kings 18:1-4

18 In the third year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel, Hezekiah son of Ahaz king of Judah began to reign. 2 He was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem twenty-nine years. His mother’s name was Abijaha daughter of Zechariah. 3 He did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, just as his father David had done. 4 He removed the high places, smashed the sacred stones and cut down the Asherah poles. He broke into pieces the bronze snake Moses had made, for up to that time the Israelites had been burning incense to it. (It was called Nehushtan.)

The Word of God is very clear about this type of thing, so why then would you encourage someone to, “get yourself an image of Mary, or any other biblica figure and start being bowing down to it…”? You got hyper offended at me when you thought I was accusing you of idolatry, but then you post things like this. It’s a bit telling.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'll start with a prayer to Saint Michael, because I've been having one those weeks where I just keep getting bombarded with a thousand things, which I and many of my fellow-Catholics will recognize as a common tactic of the devil, not that it's always him.

In The Name of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit
Amen.

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Lady of Grace, pray for us.
Saint Ambrose, pray for us.
Saint Francis de Sales, pray for us.

In The Name of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit
Amen.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Greetings MrMoe, I just wanted you to know, I'm still working on my explanation for the jumping back and forth in The Visitation. I'm almost finished, I plan on going to Eucharistic Adoration tomorrow and finishing up my meditating on it and then, later that evening, I will post, sort of a basic overview of it and than on Friday, I'll go into a more in-depth explanation of it, you'll know why I'm doing it this way when you receive the first post.

Now, back to Revelations 11 & 12
The sun, moon and stars are a reference to Joseph's dream in Genesis 37:9 and Isreal is described as being like a woman in birth pains.

Also some Catholics don't believe Mary experienced birth pains, so this goes against Mary being the woman in Revelation.

Revelation 11:19 talks about flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a severe hailstorm. The sun, moon and stars don't usually appear when there is lightning, thunder and severe hailstorm, but this is a vision so this argument is not as good as my others.

Like I said, Israel is described as a woman giving birth. The Messiah came out of Isreal.
Your church says the woman is the church but that would make no sense since the church did not come into existence until Acts after Jesus' ascension. The Church did not give birth to Jesus.

How did the serpent try too make war with her other offspring since Mary had no other children according to the church?
I'll deal this objection first since part of the answer came to me earlier today, while I was praying a Rosary Novena for this thread. Specifically the part about an earthquake in Revelations 11:19, originally, when I read about an Earthquake in Revelations 11:19, the first thing that comes to mine is one of the Four Marian Dogmas, that we might debate sometime in the future. But today, when meditating on the Glorious Mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary, and read the First Glorious Mystery I read:
"Now after the sabbath, toward the dawn of the first day of the week, Mary Mag′dalene and the other Mary went to see the sepulchre.
And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone, and sat upon it.
His appearance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow.
And for fear of him the guards trembled and became like dead men.
But the angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid; for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified.
He is not here; for he has risen, as he said. Come, see the place where he lay." Matthew 28:1-10 RSVCE (Emphasis added)
I already knew that Mary's birth pangs in Revelations 12, symbolized her pain at the foot of the Cross, but only now did I realize that the earthquake in Revelations 11:19 actually referred to the earthquake that occurred at Jesus' death on the cross, what's more (I just realized this part now while looking up Matthew 27:51, although I might have heard it before), in Matthew 27:51 at the same time that the earthquake is occurring, the Temple veil that separates the outer sanctuary from the Holies of Holies where the Old Ark sat, was rent in two!

Praise be to the Lord! Who has opened my mind to the truth about His Beloved Mary, the Living Ark!
Hail Mary!

Now at the Crucifixion, Mary had birth-pangs and gave birth to her mystical daughter, the Church. The Fathers and Doctors of Church agree that the Church was born at the Crucifixion, the Blood and Water which flowed from Jesus' side calls back, Eve, Adam's bride being drawn out of Adam's side. The eclipse, symbolizes the end of the Old Covenant and the beginning of the New Covenant, most of the Early Church Fathers view the Moon as symbolizing the Church, see the following video:

Note: some of what this Traditional Priest says may be hard for you to understand, just pay attention to what he says about the Moon. You can skip ahead to 5:30 if you want to get straight the Lunar symbolism, but I'd encourage you watch the whole thing

Now you may have already figured this out, but the reason that Mary is Mother of the Church is that the Church is Jesus' Mystical Body, and thus Mary being the Mother of Jesus is the Mother of His Mystical Body. When combine this, with a common sense understanding of John 19:26-27, we can easily find out who Mary's other children are, who are they? Well, you're reading the words typed by one of them! Yes! What's more, if you were baptized in the Trinitarian Formula, you are one of her children, albeit a very disobedient one.

One more thing in regards to Revelations 11:19, I know you don't consider the description of of lightning and hail as a strong argument against Revelations 11 & 12 being linked, but I want to bring this up because what I'm about to point out is a strong argument against the Woman being Israel and a good argument for the Woman being Mary:

In Ezekiel 1, the prophet has a vision of God which includes a great cloud and flashes of fire and lightning, Ezekiel sees the Lord (I personally believe, it's God the Son) enthroned on a Firmament, clothed in fire, with His face shining like the sun. In Revelations we also see the Son of Man with His face shining like the sun at full power, now look at the Woman in Revelations 12, notice she's clothed with the sun, what does that symbolize? The central and greatest joy of Heaven is seeing God face to face, and as we have shown, the face God the Son is represented as shining like the sun and in John 14:9 Jesus says "he who has seen me has seen the Father" thus, the Woman being clothed with the sun, shows that she extremely high in Heaven, that she is extremely close to God. This can't be Israel since nothing in the New Testament implies Israel being close to God apart from merely being the first to know God, you may say point out that Israel, in the Old Testament is referred to as a "Holy Nation" but that refers to the Old Covenant which is inferior to the New Covenant. The only way can get of this (apart from conceding that the Woman is Mary) is by admitting that the Early Church Fathers are right and that the Woman represents the New Israel, the Church. Now I can go on in prove that this Woman is both the Church and Our Lady, but for now, I will address some of your other arguments, although I might have time to come back to this.
Most, meaning not all, meaning if it was obvious all of the early church fathers would have interpreted the woman in Revelation 12 as the Catholic church.
I misspoke there, what I meant by that was, "All the Early Church Fathers that I've read so far..." I'm a revert to Catholicism so I don't everything, I honestly expected to find Early Church Fathers to speak of the Woman as both Mary and her Mystical Daughter (I already knew that some of the Fathers spoke of the Woman as symbolizing the Church). This is a defect in myself, not the Faith.

Could you please tell me when was Mary given wings like an eagle and fly into the wilderness away from the serpent?

When did the serpent try to carry Mary away with a flood?

How did the serpent try too make war with her other offspring since Mary had no other children according to the church?
Wings symbolize swiftness, angels are depicted as having wings because they travel at the speed of thought. The Blessed Virgin Mary is given wings to foreshadow her various apparitions throughout history, the Queen of Heaven and Earth is like a queen in a game of chess, she is most mobile. The wings could also symbolize her angelic intellect, the Gospel according to Saint Luke, St Luke mentions both in 1:29 (which also implies that the St. Gabriel's greeting should be translated as "Hail full of grace" not "greeting favoured one" but I digress) and in 2:51 (notice it's just Our Lady, not both Our Lady and the Humble and Chaste Saint Joseph), Catholic Mariology teaches that basically (I'm not an expert in this area, but I'm assuming that she doesn't have full access to this until the age of reason) from the moment of conception Mary was already a the highest level of mental prayer, she could easily enter the deepest form of meditation in a heart beat.

In regards to Satan's flood, this refers to Satan's attack on Marian devotion throughout history. I already talked about Marian apparitions, well Satan has flooded the world with false Marian apparitions, such as Medjugorje, which teaches things clearly contrary to the authentic teachings of the Catholic Church. An addition false apparitions Satan has also employed many other devices to destroy Marian devotions, St Louis de Montfort said that the purpose of the black death, was for Satan to destroy information about the Rosary, likewise Modernist heretics have used the "spirit of Vatican II" to eliminate the Rosary and other Marian devotions before Pope Saint John Paul II stepped in. These just a few examples I could lots more including an obvious one that I won't mention for obvious reasons.

I already answered the question about Satan making war with the rest of her offspring (us), but I'll provide one more example that shows both Satan's contempt for Our Lady and the power and importance of Marian devotions: There once was a man in France, who suffered a car crash and was taken to a Catholic hospital where he died of his injuries. The man had no identification, but he did have a full of notes, the nurse, looking after the man kept the notes and read them, and discovered to her shock that the man was an undercover Communist spy who had infiltrated the Catholic Priesthood, among the notes is one where the spy writes that the best way undermine belief in God in the clergy was to discourage the praying of the Rosary (Remember how the Rosary revealed to me how, the earthquake in Revelations 11:19 pointed to Our Lady's Sorrows on Mount Calvary?). You can get the Communist spy's notes here:AA-1025: The Memoirs of a Communist's infiltration in to the Church.: Marie Carre: 9780895554499: Books - Amazon.ca

No I mean Isreal. The sun, moon, and twelve stars are a clear reference to the Joseph's dream in Genesis 37:9. The eleven stars being Joseph's eleven brothers which make up eleven tribes of Isreal, Joseph being the twelfth tribe so he is the twelfth star in Revelation.
The Twelve Stars refer to the Twelve Apostles: Simon whom Our Lord changed to Peter (Aramaic: Kepha "rock"), St. Andrew, St. James the son Zebedee, St. John the Evangelist, St. Philip, St. Bartholomew, St. Thomas also called Didymus, St. Matthew the tax-collector, St. James the Son of Alpheus, St. Simon the Zealot, and St. Matthias who succeeded Judas Iscariot. The majority of the Fathers and Doctors of the Church see a very disturbing prophesy in this vision, I won't say what it is, because it might be scandalous to say, I'm checking with fellow Catholics to see whether or not it's appropriate and I'll back to you on it, if it's okay with to say it.

This is not true, you can truly love God without imatating another human. This is similar to some who claim you are not really saved unless you speak in tounges.
JayW, you should pay attention to this part as well,
That's true in theory, like I said before, in theory Marian devotion is not necessary for Salvation, but in practice it is almost impossible! (In fact, for me, just typing "Marian devotion is not necessary for Salvation" makes me cringe!) Why?

1. God loves Mary and Mary loves God
2. No Mary, no Jesus! Know Mary, Know Jesus

Now why is imitating Mary ideal for Salvation?

" 27 And it came to pass, as he spoke these things, a certain woman from the crowd, lifting up her voice, said to him: Blessed is the womb that bore thee, and the paps that gave thee suck.
28 But he said: Yea rather, blessed are they who hear the word of God, and keep it." Luke 11:27-28 DRV

Now who did this best? The one who said "fiat" Our Lady. Our Lady's "fiat" what makes her so holy, so Godly, it's what make her the greatest Human being in all of time and eternity! What better can we say to God than "Fiat?" This is why we Catholics pray the Angelus three times a day (except for this season, this season we pray the Regina Caeli). This is all about God! What better way to please God than by loving that which He loves the most? God has mind and will of His own and He loves Mary, His daughter, His Mother, His beloved!

I'm running short of time, so I'll make just address your recent posts on the on that rotten fruit of Protestant and the Eucharist:

I probably won't be able to address your objections for a really long time, because there a lot more important, but I just want address how you twist, and yes that is twisting! ***(Correction: That was a rash judgement! I realize now that you could genuinely not see the logical outcome of this. I'm sorry, I really messed up here)*** You twist that well-founded accusation around and accuse Catholics of "objectifying Mary" when stated, or at the very least implied, at the beginning of this thread that Mary was superior to the Old Ark by being a Living Ark, a Living Person! When twist that well-founded accusation around, that strikes me as desperate! It kind of reminds me of how rebellious RadTrads attack our refusal to sinfully bash the Pope by accusing of "De-facto Sedevacantism!"

Also, Luke 23:27-31 doesn't just foreshadow abortion, it foreshadows a lot of other things, including contraception, which abortion basically is, but I'm getting ahead of myself, I just thought I'd add this because, I hate contraception with a fierce hatred!

In regard to the Eucharist, I didn't expect you buy it because you need supernatural faith in order to believe this Most Holy Sacrament, but I will address a couple of your objections:

1. Yes, Jesus was ambiguous towards the Jews, but here it's different because here: (a) Jesus repeats this claim four times! Why would Jesus repeat an ambiguous phrase four times? (b) Jesus doesn't repeats this to the Jews, He repeats it to His own disciples and doesn't explain it to them, and this is form the Gospel according to Saint John, one Jesus' closest disciple, many leave Jesus over this in John 6:66 (sound familiar?)

2. The Early Church Fathers may differ on a couple of things, but here they are unanimous! I would be shocked! Shocked! if you provided me with an undeniable, authentic quote from an Early Church Father denying the real presence Jesus in the Eucharist!

3. You touch on Jesus' encounter with Nicodemus, this episode refers to another, very holy Sacrament, Baptism! In it is very correct that Jesus would use the same words, I find kind of significant that Nicodemus doesn't understand Jesus in this episode.

We'll come back to the Eucharist if we have time, because I love the Eucharist, The Son of God in the flesh! What could be better!?! In fact I'm going to be worshipping Him tomorrow, where I'm going meditate on and perfect my response to your objection of the jumping around in the Visitation. Keep in mind, the Early Church Fathers saw no problem in the jumping around in the Visitation, and if they're wrong on all these things, how can we trust them with the Dogma in the Trinity? Or any other Dogma or Doctrine we receive from them? How is it that we had to suffer through the Middle Ages, with a whole bunch of crazy stuff, and only a few good things, until Martin Luther and the like came along and finally set the record straight?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Whether or not you personally worship Mary is not for me to say. But if I was praying to Mary, and was using an image of her to, as you stated, “bowing down to it, and/or looking at it with loving gazes.” I would personally be very concerned.

How about “Christianity 101” instead? The Bible isn’t a book about Mary.

The Word of God is very clear about this type of thing, so why then would you encourage someone to, “get yourself an image of Mary, or any other biblica figure and start being bowing down to it…”? You got hyper offended at me when you thought I was accusing you of idolatry, but then you post things like this. It’s a bit telling.

You talk about "Christianity 101" and yet still haven't answered my question about whether or not praying to Mary is sinful. I reacted the way for three reason: (1) I love God and God loves Mary (2) I Mary as my Mistress, Queen, Mother (3) Sin is a serious thing, it's not something you joke about! How would like it if I just nonchalantly accused you of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit or just casually spewed out the word "heretic" left and right? Granted I'm novice in the faith and maybe a more Saintly person would have reacted differently, but still you keep tap-dancing around the issue of whether or not Marian devotion is idolatry? I promote Marian Devotion because Marian is, after Eucharistic devotion, which is devotion to God Himself, Incarnate, the devotion that is most pleasing to God.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That's all for tonight, I'll be seeing God Himself tomorrow under the guise of a Matzo wafer! And begin to answer the objection of why so much jumping around in the Visitation. Tomorrow is also the last day before I begin my 33 day Marian Consecration, so I would appreciate prayers.

In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
Amen

O merciful Jesus, my King and my God, I worship You.
O Blessed Mother, Mary Immaculate, I cherish you.
For those who offer you insult, I offer you praise.
For those who offer you mocking, I offer you honour.
For those who offer you disbelief, I offer you trust.
For those who offer you hate, I offer you love.
For those who offer you cursing, I offer you blessing.
For those who offer you ridicule, I offer you loving gazes.
For those who offer you blasphemy, I offer you adoration.
For those who offer you rebellion, I offer you obedience.
For those who offer you indifference, I offer you devotion.
For those who offer you obstinate pride, I offer you a contrite heart.
For those who offer you scorn, I offer you fidelity.

Kind Jesus have mercy, Ever Virgin Mary, pray for us. Forgive them Lord for they know not what they are doing. Soften the hearts of those who offend you, that they may come to know you and love you as you deserve.
Make my heart more fervent so I may pray without ceasing for the conversion and salvation of souls.

Amen

Offering up also two Chaplets of the Little Crown (See here:The Chaplet of the Little Crown) one, for reparations for blasphemies and outrages against Our Blessed Mother, and one for the conversion of Protestants.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.